It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiller Woods in Schiller Park Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
HI

I was listening to a radio show about a haunted area in Schiller Park Illinois and googled it but got no hits.

Has anyone heard of the druid rituals in Triangle Woods? Apparently evil spirits haunt the area. People have reported red eyes and cloaked shadow ppl. Local cops will not investigate in the area. There is a pit in the woods surrounded by trees with spikes. It is said there are underground tunnels that criss cross the woods.

edited title to reflect the park's actual name but the radio interview I listened to actually called it Triangle Woods

[edit on 3-12-2008 by venividivici]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Unsure if it's the same place but the Gangsters used to dispose of their dead out that way and there is supposedly alot of spirit activity.
Is there a pond there by chance ?? This place had a pond....which is why the gangsters used the area for disposal....

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
OK, this made my heart stop when I read the headline as I grew up in Schiller Park, Illinois.

Schiller Park is straddled by O'Hare Intl. Airport to the west and the City of Chicago to the east.

The "Schiller Woods" is a part of a long network of public forest preserves that stretches north-south, basically surrounding the Des Plaines River.

The Schiller Woods is a relatively interesting location, although I didn't think anything unusual until my late teens. My friends and I used to hang out there all the time, riding bikes along the trails, playing "war," smoking cigarettes, and usually looking for trouble.

By the mid-1990s, more trouble started to find its way to the Schiller Woods.

One of the more troubling strories included some teenagers that strung fishing wire across one of the trails. Two people were beheaded after riding their bikes across the path.

The Schiller Woods is the location where O.J. Simpson ditched his bloodied knife. (River Rd. and near the Stephens Convention Center)

The Schiller Woods is also the location of an indian burial site that is said to be quite haunted. (Near East River Rd. and Lawrence Ave.)

The Schiller Woods is also one of the many locations for a Chicagoland multi-million dollar project called, Project Deep Tunnel. This project including massive underground sewer digging to divert river water from flooding the banks and surrounding towns of the Des Plaines River. I remember feeling the drilling as a kid.

I only remember seeing two odd things as a kid. I remember seeing many huts made by vagabonds. But I definitely remember seeing about 4-5 people along side the Des Plaines River, dressed in all white, spraying incense and chanting something. That was around 1992.

The Schiller Woods is definitely a place where teenagers and other trouble-making groups started hanging out. Talk of different bonfires, satanic cult stuff, and stuff like that started to become regular talk around the time I moved from my parent's house in 1998.

Hope this helps some...

Just so cool that Schiller Park, IL was actually made into a thread here!!!!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by MOFreemason]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The Schiller Woods is located at #6.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Interesting blog entry about Forest Preserve statistics and happenings in/around Chicagoland area forest preserves.

www.newcitychicago.com...

At twilight, or around Halloween, hikers and dog walkers often spot groups of people dressed in black, carrying carved staffs and candles and wearing robes and tall hats, marching into secluded areas. Like the homeless who sometimes set up makeshift shacks in the woods, these people are usually harmless. During the height of the Blair Witch phenomenon, it was not uncommon to spot fire pits with burnt wax, plastic skulls, octagons drawn into the dirt, and other signs of what could usually be ascribed to adventurous teenagers or slightly demented adults recreating their favorite horror-movie images.

"I remember there was an area in Arlington Heights about 200 yards from the entrance of the woods," Thompson says. "Someone or a group of people had built a series of small, manmade hills, big enough to ride a bike over, surrounded by teepees. All of them were organized in odd, concentric shapes."

But occasional remains of chickens, cats and other sacrificed animals indicate that with the right mix of imagery and alcohol, the practice of cult-like rituals in the Forest Preserves can become serious. "Every few years you run into something that indicates people were practicing this type of activity," Anchor says.

The center for these rituals is undoubtedly the Bachelors Grove Cemetery, located just off 147th Street near Central Avenue, in the Rubio Woods Forest Preserve. Exiting the parking lot on the north side of 147th Street, the now-abandoned cemetery can only be accessed by walking down a remote, thickly wooded path, a half-mile or so away from the parking lot. Coming to a rise you see an opened chain-link and barbed-wire fence that surrounds the burial ground. Inside, the tombstones and grave markers have been desecrated, vandalized and knocked over like dominos. Originally called Everdons Cemetery, the area gained the nickname of Bachelors Grove due to the large number of unmarried male immigrants who were placed in what amounted to a pauper's grave while digging the Illinois-Michigan Sanitary Canal. Other local legends tell of people seeing ghosts of farmers pulling plows, disappearing farmhouses, monks dressed in robes and apparitions of gangsters who were said to be dumped in the nearby lagoon. There is even an infrared picture of what is supposedly a female ghost seated on a tombstone. The legend of "one of the most haunted places in the world" draws hundreds of visitors a week. Some are curiosity seekers who come to take pictures, hoping to find the negative image of a ghost. Yet the desecrated tombs, dozens of empty alcohol bottles, used condoms and condom wrappers discarded amongst the graves indicate that, whether true or not, the mere lore of the ghosts and apparitions brings out the worst after dark. Although heavily patrolled by Forest Preserve and local police, one local teen warned, "You better not go in there at night. That is where the meth heads hang out. They'll do whatever. They don't give a #."

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
As a kid I grew up three blocks from there and have witnessed a lot of strange things in those woods called the triangle woods I have seen these people in robes appear out of nowhere not knowing where they came from freaking us out making us run for our lives but I’ve never found the underground tunnels and we were in there a lot as kids from curiosity we kept being drawn to those woods. Those Woods stretch from Belmont and Cumberland all the way to pretty much Irving and Cumberland and we’ve seen strange things in the Irving Park and Cumberland Forest preserve also dead chickens with their heads cut off etc… It is pretty ironic that nobody investigated these phenomenon in these woods and we were going in there since the late 70s into the 80s. There was a group of us that I witnessed these weird phenomenon in there and we were kind of sworn to secrecy one was actually gag order to not to say anything be pretty interesting if they finally do find something in those woods

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
As a kid I grew up three blocks from there and have witnessed a lot of strange things in those woods called the triangle woods I have seen these people in robes appear out of nowhere not knowing where they came from freaking us out making us run for our lives but I’ve never found the underground tunnels and we were in there a lot as kids from curiosity we kept being drawn to those woods. Those Woods stretch from Belmont and Cumberland all the way to pretty much Irving and Cumberland and we’ve seen strange things in the Irving Park and Cumberland Forest preserve also dead chickens with their heads cut off etc… It is pretty ironic that nobody investigated these phenomenon in these woods and we were going in there since the late 70s into the 80s. There was a group of us that I witnessed these weird phenomenon in there and we were kind of sworn to secrecy one was actually gag order to not to say anything be pretty interesting if they finally do find something in those woods

top topics

join