It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Allows Poison In Baby Milk...Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I never knew about this. I dont have a child but for all you parents out there, I thought this would be informative for you.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
yea i read about this the other day on google news and it made me cringe. the fact that they set a safety threshold for proven harmful chemiclas... especially melamine - which has recently been at the butt of some dispute - has got to cause some form of public backlash.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
"Is it safe?", she asked. "We think its safe. The bottom line is we don't really know and zero would be best.", some guy from the FDA? If so,
:shk:

No crap. Of course Zero IS best but why are harmful chemicals in there at all?!
Does whoever allowed this product to be on the market think we are that flippin stupid. Man oh man.

This is why I am all for breast feeding.

Thanks for the thread..

BTW: this is why I need to take the blue pill and get back in the matrix just for like a week so I will not have to be so damn well informed during the "joyous" season.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
"Is it safe?", she asked. "We think its safe. The bottom line is we don't really know and zero would be best.", some guy from the FDA? If so,
:shk:

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

Yeah, lol, I saw that also, WTF!! "We think its safe" ?????????

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I feel sorry for the kids of mothers who can't breastfeed for whatever reason (and there are valid ones), and I feel even more sorry for the kids of mothers who are too stupid or selfish to do what's right for their children. Breastfed children are smarter and healthier - so isn't that worth the discomfort and inconvenience.

The FDA has been a paper tiger for some time. They're useless, and I think it's up to the states to insure the safety of their citizens. The revolving door between corporate america and politics is still at work at the state and local level, but its effect is much, much more minimal.

Just because the FDA says it's okay for companies to contaminate milk with various harmful substances doesn't mean the states have to allow the production or sale of the crap.

As much as I hate the government of California for all their various failings, they do know how to stand up to the feds on issues like this.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

I feel sorry for the kids of mothers who can't breastfeed for whatever reason (and there are valid ones), and I feel even more sorry for the kids of mothers who are too stupid or selfish to do what's right for their children. Breastfed children are smarter and healthier - so isn't that worth the discomfort and inconvenience.

The FDA has been a paper tiger for some time. They're useless, and I think it's up to the states to insure the safety of their citizens. The revolving door between corporate america and politics is still at work at the state and local level, but its effect is much, much more minimal.

Just because the FDA says it's okay for companies to contaminate milk with various harmful substances doesn't mean the states have to allow the production or sale of the crap.

As much as I hate the government of California for all their various failings, they do know how to stand up to the feds on issues like this.

Great Post, i completely agree.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would like to see the people who approved this to go ahead and feed their children some melamine to show the world how safe it is.

This is so freaking disgusting. Again showing that the people take a back seat to corporate profit. How people can think that the government actually views the people as anything other than a source of revenue is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Reply to WyrdeOne

Seriously. Watch out for convenience. It is quite the perpetrator at times.

Can't mothers who cannot lactate, get breast milk from overly lactative mothers? THat way to avoid formulas.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
Reply to WyrdeOne

Seriously. Watch out for convenience. It is quite the perpetrator at times.

Can't mothers who cannot lactate, get breast milk from overly lactative mothers? THat way to avoid formulas.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

Yes, i have heard of that. Its still breastmilk, just because it comes from another mother, its basically the same thing. Maybe there would more or less fat content or more or less of a certain vitamin, but, im pretty sure it is safe.

new topics

top topics

join