It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the mayans sacrifice humans to aliens, not gods?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Many crop circles look like mayan symbols, and many have been proved to be...

There has always been a theory that aliens helped the mayans build their civilization.

Could there be some correlation between the two? Maybe more and more crop circles have been appearing lately because its coming closer to 2012, when the mayan calender ends.

In many mayan carvings, their images of god were of a creature with a large forehead and no genitalia.

Maybe the "gods" the mayans sacrificed humans to were actually aliens, and in return they helped the mayans build their civilization and gave them all the knowledge they had..

It would make sense to me..

[edit on 2-12-2008 by calihan123]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by calihan123]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What was done was Not Sacrifice but merely Offering Specimens to the Grays (Holy)

The Primitive Pre-Columbian Peoples believed it was Only Sacrifice to the Sun Gods but the Grays need Human examples to Test how their DNA (Holy Song of Life) Experimentation was going . They needed Humans of all Ages and Sexes to Dissect . This is Why certain Societies (Organizations of Human Kinship Structures) Are Known as "sacrificers"

Much of the Grays work in Ancient Human time was done in the Areas known as Central and South America , due to various Regions

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
No, I do not believe this is so. Here is an article depicting the various dieties the Mayans worshipped:

www.crystalinks.com...

As you can see none of them even remotely match the description of the alleged Aliens people sight.
What the person who replied to you first said was pure baseless conjecture with no historical evidence behind it what so ever. No historical documents denotes the need for DNA experiments, aliens, and so forth.
What he said had no proof, no veracity, no documentation, pure and simple.

It is a fallacy when people try and link the Gods of old with alleged aliens.

religion did not come about due to alien intervention, religion came about when early man had questions of this worlds origins, and questions about after death. Their sciences were not nearly advanced enough to answer any of these, so to fill the gaps in knowledge religion was born, various cultures having various different religions and Gods, none of them looking alike in their depiction from culture to culture.

So no, the Mayans were just worshipping their "gods" as the egyptians did theirs, and the classical greeks theirs.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I've read that before on crystal links and the one picture most resembles a reptilian. The question would be to me, if they were et, or lower dimensional demon types, some of whom could be off planet guys under a prison sentence.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I've read that before on crystal links and the one picture most resembles a reptilian. The question would be to me, if they were et, or lower dimensional demon types, some of whom could be off planet guys under a prison sentence.

Ok first and foremost, prison sentence? low dimension demon? Now tell me where has the existence of any of those things been established to the point where you could possivbly have such a knowledge of them to know about things such as prison sentences , off planet guys and dimension demons?

Those things are new age lingual bunk.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Nice link you provided, but pretty much all the "gods" look like aliens to me!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
NavalFC

That kind of thing has to do with belief, and relies on "experiences" others share, along with many myths and religious beliefs, in addition some ufology writers have touched upon it. I happen to believe in demons and lower dimensions, and I think the nazis did too, as they were very interested in vortex areas and they infilitrated us via project paperclip. Many believe that the illuminati is luciferan as well. Project Montauk is widely disclosed upon. Arizona Wilder is someone I pay attention to. I personally think Bush is affected very strongly by the same systematic abuse. To me this is a very telling link concerning the kind of ets the black ops may be dealing with:
www.coasttocoastam.com...

You, of course, are entitled to your views, but I'm sticking by mine.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
reply to post by NavalFC

Nice link you provided, but pretty much all the "gods" look like aliens to me!

really? which god looks like any of the aliens reported,especially the greys who were the ones brought up in this thread?

Unless of course you believe that men with human bodies and dog heads visted ancient egypt years ago, or aliens who had the power to toss lughtning bolts visited greece..
give me a break!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Ok project paper clip had nothing to do with the occult or Nazi infiltration.
Operation paperclip was the allied powers selecting and evacuating german scientists from Nazi germany post world war 2.

furthermore nothing of the occult, of dimensions was mentioned.

Even still just because the nazis believed it doesnt make it true. The Nazis believed alot of crazy things. Are you going to sit here and tell me the Germans were the master race, just because the Nazis believed it? I didnt think so. Furthermore just because other so called UFOlogists write about "higher" and "lower" dimensions, though scientists think thereare atleast 10 dimensions, but they are not on the order of what you speak, and furthermore even if there were such dimensions they are in acccessible to you andfor you to obtain such indepth knowledge of an alternate dimensions spirituality and justice system to the extent of knowig prison sentencing procedure would be an impossibility, therefore you wouldnt have the knolwedge but all in all it is unsubstantiated pure bogus.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Hi calihan123,

From memory the Mayans were not the builders of said temples/pyramids or the creators of the calendar. The Olmec's built the Pyramids long before the Mayans 'moved in' and the Mayans also inherited the calendar from them.

As far as sacrificing to Alien 'Gods', I don't know for sure but it doesn't sit right with me. It seems a bit primitive for an advanced species to mandate human sacrifice. I can't fathom what need that would fill in the alien psyche.

IRM

[edit on 3/12/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Maybe one like this called "LAM"

Article HERE

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
Many crop circles look like mayan symbols, and many have been proved to be...

Where has any crop circle been proven to be a Mayan glyph? I've never seen a crop-circle that resembles anything like the ornate Mayan writing system. And even if there are crop-circles that do, it does that prove that there is a connection between aliens and the Maya; would it not be more reasonable and likely that a human who makes crop circles picked up a book on the Maya for inspiration?

Could there be some correlation between the two? Maybe more and more crop circles have been appearing lately because its coming closer to 2012, when the mayan calender ends.

Go to a bookstore or local department store, and pick up a calender. Every single one of them will end on December 31. Do you think that means the world will end on that date, or that there is some special significance, other than a New Year starting? Of course not.

And neither did the Mayans then...

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in." SOURCE

“It’s a crock,” says Harvey Bricker, professor emeritus of anthropology and researcher with the institute. "It’s based on ignorance and misinformation. One starts with the clear statement that the Maya calendar will not end in 2012. It is the end of one calendrical unit. It’s not the end of the calendar or the end of the world.”
SOURCE

...or now...

Maxwell, who spends time in Guatemala every year, says the descendants of the Maya don’t believe the end is near either. In fact, she says some shamans in that area today, called Daykeepers, attribute the theory to misinterpretation.

“The Daykeepers mention the date in 2012 and say it a misunderstanding of crystal gazers, new agers who have latched onto [this apocalyptic theory],” Maxwell says.

There are written dates before and after the current era.

In many mayan carvings, their images of god were of a creature with a large forehead and no genitalia.

Which god are you referring to?

There are also images of Mayan gods that look like the witches in Jim Henson's adaptation of The Witches. Should we assume that the Mayans worshipped Angelica Houston? Another resembled the comic-book villain, the Man-Bat; should we assume the Mayans held up Batman characters as gods?

There has always been a theory that aliens helped the mayans build their civilization.

It would make sense to me...

Before you accept such a theory, you might want to stop and ask yourself who forwards that theory. Is there a single mainstream archeaologist or historian that supports it? If not, you should then ask yourself why that is.

Maybe the "gods" the mayans sacrificed humans to were actually aliens, and in return they helped the mayans build their civilization and gave them all the knowledge they had...

It may appear that way, to someone examining things in a vacuum, with no accounting for Mayan history. You are cheapening the accomplishments of one of the world's great ancient civilizations. This is born of an antiquated and frankly racist idea that non-Eurasians were backwards barbarians who were incapable of great feats without outside influence.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Project Paperclip officially established amongst our Government, Black OP, Shadow Government, etc. a very real nazi presence in North America, and a base for them to continue with their operations. Many of the gods of ancient times probably had both et and demonic (lower dimensional) ties. Many believe that. Our cabal have been carrying out very questionable works.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The Mayans and later the Azteks were highly religious and thought the Gods kept the universe together with energy from blood and human blood was most potent.

If the Gods were aliens that wanted humans for testing or to extract DNA, then why allow some shaman to brutally kill their specimen and rip the heart and/or intestines out?

The evidence archaeologists have dug up show that the corpses were buried so the "aliens" must have returned them.

Those ancient aliens behaved nothing like today´s aliens that sneak around and abduct people and return them alive without them even knowing. I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Project Paperclip officially established amongst our Government, Black OP, Shadow Government, etc. a very real nazi presence in North America, and a base for them to continue with their operations. Many of the gods of ancient times probably had both et and demonic (lower dimensional) ties. Many believe that. Our cabal have been carrying out very questionable works.

Dear God...what does one have to do with the other? What does any of that have to do with the thread-subject?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

I find this interesting but nonsensical, let me explain, this is not a flame on the OP.

We don't have all the info because of the burning of the Mayan writings but of the ones we do have and supposedly have deciphered correctly the Mayans God Quetzalcoatl (BAD SPELLING I KNOW) was a white man with a beard which would be weird for a group that had not yet seen white men or bearded men. If they had said that a little green or gray creature was their god then one could assume that possibly they were talking about aliens. I think the white bearded man pretty much rules out any alien god.

Just my opinion and as I said not a slam against the OP, just how I see it. I wish the Spanish had not burned all their writings and we had more than 4 to go from but we can't change the past.... YET!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

The white man with the beard was a Viking named Leif Eirikson or Leif the lucky who sailed to America in the year 1000 and was therefore the first European to discover it before Columbus greatgreat grandfather was even born.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Leif never sailed to the pacific side of North, Central and South America, so I doubt highly that they saw him in Mayan territories but sure they did in Canada and northern US Atlantic shores.

Some think, like the Mormons, that Christ visited America too, this could explain who or what the Mayan saw but Christ would be more Olive than white being a Palestinian region born person...

It is an interesting thread to say the least, but again I think the Aliens have to be ruled out as does Leif, Sorry...

Edited to add this tidbit... The Hebrews and the Byzantines were here before Leif was, ancient writings found etched in rocks in Tennessee and Kentucky are in ancient Paleo-Hebrew and the Byzantine languages and dated long before Leif existed...

[edit on 12/3/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
We don't have all the info because of the burning of the Mayan writings but of the ones we do have and supposedly have deciphered correctly the Mayans God Quetzalcoatl (BAD SPELLING I KNOW) was a white man with a beard which would be weird for a group that had not yet seen white men or bearded men.

Your spelling of the god's name is spot on; however, you attribute him to the wrong pantheon. Quetzalcoatl was an Aztec god, Kulkulkan was the Mayan analog.

The idea that Quetzalcoatl was "white" may not have Aztec origins. There are no sources for Quetzalcoatl being white independent of those written by missionaries fifty year's after Spain conquered Mexico. These reports may have been written to justify Spainish conquest and subjection of the populace. If you look at images of Quetzalcoatl, he seems no lighter-skinned than any other Aztec god.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The appearence of Quetzacoatl in central Mexico was at the same time Jesus was missing from Europe. The Aztecs made anyone a god that had a red beard. Food for thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join