It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Disputed Hillary Clinton's Credentials Before He Applauded Them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Obama Disputed Hillary Clinton's Credentials Before He Applauded Them

www.cnsnews.com

President-elect Barack Obama designated Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) to be his next secretary of state Monday, despite having spent much of the previous two years questioning her foreign-policy credentials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Obama is just a typical policitician that will tell any lie to get into office. During the campaign Obama made the following statements about Hillary Clinton:

“It’s what’s wrong with politics today. Hillary Clinton will say anything to get elected,” Obama said in a January radio ad. “Hillary Clinton. She’ll say anything and change nothing.”

Obama’s campaign specifically said that the candidate didn’t need the advice of someone like Clinton, “someone whose ideas were more in line with those of President George W. Bush” than with Obama’s.

“Barack Obama doesn’t need lectures in political courage from someone who followed George Bush to war in Iraq,” the campaign said in a December 2007 statement.

Obama reinforced the sentiments of his campaign, saying that Hillary Clinton’s foreign policy wasn’t the change Americans wanted. “Real change isn’t voting for George Bush’s war in Iraq and then telling the American people it was actually voting for more diplomacy,” he said in March.

“The question is, what kind of judgment will you exercise when you pick up that phone,” Obama said. “In fact, we’ve had a red-phone moment. It was the decision to invade Iraq. Sen. Clinton gave the wrong answer.”

But now he makes these comments:

Obama praised Clinton’s credentials Monday, saying she would be able to advance America’s interests due to her knowledge of world affairs and familiarity with world leaders.

She is an American of tremendous stature who will have my complete confidence, who knows many of the world's leaders, who will command respect in every capital, and who will clearly have the ability to advance our interests around the world,” he said.

Obama said that his new foreign policy team, which will be led by Clinton, would change America’s foreign policy for the better. “I am confident that this is the team that we need to make a new beginning for American national security,” he told reporters at the announcement.

Obama called Clinton “a friend, a colleague, a source of counsel.”

How can we be expected to believe anything Obama says? How can you make such strong statements against someone and then praise them less than a year later. What other lies were told in the heat of the campaign. I guess we will find out soon enough.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It just gets better and better all the time doesn't it eraserhead?

Don't try to make sense of it or understand it, just sit back in awe.

“The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

BUT, what's sane?

Let them eat cake.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh....oh....heres a straw....clutch it!!!!! Quick - get a dig in...again!

Seriously. None story or what?

Its politics. Its what the whole thing is all about. Both wanted to be the democrat nominee - they aren't going to be campaigning against each other with sugar coated sweetness are they?

But when it boils down to it, they are from the same party, so they will work together. Theres no mystery to that, no subversion and no conspiracy. Its just politicians doing what they do. Deals get brokered, agreements reached, and compromises made.

Thats just the real world in action.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Obama run on the promise to not be the typical politician that you described? Didn't he say he was going to rise above politics as usual? Wasn't he the one who kept saying "change"?

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember him saying something along those lines.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
politics as usual

doesn't matter who's in office

this should be evident to everyone

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by neformore

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Obama run on the promise to not be the typical politician that you described? Didn't he say he was going to rise above politics as usual? Wasn't he the one who kept saying "change"?

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember him saying something along those lines.

HEE HEE

Obama admits: I was just a random campaign quote generator
michellemalkin.com...

Stress takes toll on Obama, develops chronic facial tic
Michelle said to be distraught over spasms under right eye

worldnetdaily.com...

Must be from all those tall tales he been tellin, notice the frequent eye blinking

Best quote of the day,

Was I lying then, or am I lying now?

[edit on 103131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Make that 700 trillion!

thinking, they may have put Hillary on Lithium, by the way, doesn't everyone seem extremely blue, dejected, desolate, dispirited, down, downcast, downhearted, dull, gloomy, low, melancholy, spiritless

I can feel it in my soul, something really creepy is going on, maybe they all have Seasonal affective disorder.

[edit on 103131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Remember how Bush trash talked McCain constantly in the 2004 primaries? Then he gave him his backing 2008. I think they are right. You are really grasping at straws. It's kind of sad.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In some jobs you are expected to work with those you disagree with.

Who would you have preferred he asked to fill the position?
Cynthia McKinney?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I wonder what eles he is going to change his mind on!!!

he promised alot and I am betting it was all EMPTY WORDS

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FightLies
I wonder what eles he is going to change his mind on!!!

he promised alot and I am betting it was all EMPTY WORDS

Was there ever any doubt?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
In some jobs you are expected to work with those you disagree with.

Who would you have preferred he asked to fill the position?
Cynthia McKinney?

Or it is a good way to silence dissenting voices

www.dmwmedia.com...

man if only these web sites were still available.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
what people have to nderstand is that there are only three types of politicians. Ones who are activists in politicians shoes, ones who will do and say anything to get where they want to be, and make deals with the devil in order to do so, and lastly, the ones who are just used by those who will say and do anything to get what they want.

It doesn't surprise me that any of this is happening because regardless of any front put on by the Obama campaign, it's STILL POLITICS. The same would probably have happened to the McCain/Palin. There is no escaping it. Especially once you get into office as PotUS.

Believe me, I've been living with it for over 10 years now. There's no need to be surprised because it happens all the frikkin time, from the local level to state, to country, politicians will be politicians because that's what it takes.

In my experience there are very few politicians who have the people in mind, who actually CARE about how their decisions affect those who elected them to office. I'm not saying that I won't give Obama a chance, I'm saying that it isn't something to look twice at because that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You BETCHYA he disputed them! In fact - he belittled them a whole lot!

WASHINGTON (AP) - It wasn't too long ago that Barack Obama and his advisers were tripping over one another to tear down Hillary Rodham Clinton's foreign policy credentials. She was dismissed as a commander in chief wanna-be who did little more than sip tea and make small talk with foreign leaders during her days as first lady. "What exactly is this foreign policy experience?" Obama said mockingly of the New York senator. "Was she negotiating treaties? Was she handling crises? The answer is no.

apnews.myway.com...

Read the whole article.

Then try to tell me that Obama is 'change'.

He's just another stink'n politician telling lies.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Biden disputed Obama's credentials before he agreed to be his VP. Same situation same story and Politics is the name of the game. No different than when the NFL NFC teams talked trash about the New York Giants last year. However, when the Giants went to the Superbowl the NFC was backing them to beat the Patriots. Like they say "if you can't beat them, join them."

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You BETCHYA he disputed them! In fact - he belittled them a whole lot!

WASHINGTON (AP) - It wasn't too long ago that Barack Obama and his advisers were tripping over one another to tear down Hillary Rodham Clinton's foreign policy credentials. She was dismissed as a commander in chief wanna-be who did little more than sip tea and make small talk with foreign leaders during her days as first lady. "What exactly is this foreign policy experience?" Obama said mockingly of the New York senator. "Was she negotiating treaties? Was she handling crises? The answer is no.

apnews.myway.com...

Read the whole article.

Then try to tell me that Obama is 'change'.

He's just another stink'n politician telling lies.

I cannot get my mind around it Flyer, People really were caught up in the moment, and made a rash, emotional, ill-informed, uniformed decision on voting for Obama, the unknown candidate.

[edit on 123131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

top topics

join