It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to deploy 20,000 troops inside the U.S. for domestic security.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Pentagon to deploy 20,000 troops inside the U.S. for domestic security.

www.washingtonpost.com

The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials.

The long-planned shift in the Defense Department's role in homeland security was recently backed with funding and troop commitments after years of prodding by Congress and outside experts, defense analysts said.

There are critics of the change, in the military and among civil liberties groups and libertarians who express concern that the new homeland emphasis threatens to strain the military and possibly undermine the Posse Comitatus Act, a 130-year-old federal law restricting the military's role in domestic law enforcement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Only reason why they would do is is because a new attack will happen in the US otherwise i cant see no need for them to deploy troops here. I mean we all know the US was threatened & so was the UK this is the only possiable reason, the goverment knows something the people dont know aparently. What does everyone else thing about this ?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Using no citations, and strictly based upon my observation of U.S. policy in the last 150 years or so. I believe that this if done will be commercialized as an act of safety measures, yet in reality will be the government tightening their grip upon U.S. freedoms.
It has been proven time and time again that there are powerful people at work in our government, which refuse to let our freedoms be a reality. Some actions which point to this are the assassination of Kennedy, Dr. King, and Lincoln, the switch to a central banking system right before the depression and the hording of Americans gold, the Florida vote miscount, and the stripping of felons rights to vote.
All these things point to a government bent on suppressing minority opinions from affecting our laws and creating loop holes in our justice system for the government to take more rights away. Whats next I wonder? Some version of the mark of the beast and a 20,000 strong militia to enforce a governments new will? Only time will tell, but if laws on weapons were not so strict as our forefathers intended then the populous would not live in such a fear of terrorist, crooked law enforcement, or governmental rape of our rights and liberties. Just another way to weaken our society for an easy disposal of non conformist.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aryan_Amy

There is a thread on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-12-2008 by lucidclouds]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well, seen as how the goverment supposedly has some secret crazy ass intellingence stuff, maybe they know about an attack and arent telling the public to cause a scare.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sounds like they expect some sort of attack. Whether it's anything specific or not, who can say.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
How many threads are going on this? troops within the USA are quite common i might add

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Sounds like they expect some sort of attack. Whether it's anything specific or not, who can say.

A government that did not have troops available to help local and natinal authorities in time of disaster would be more incompetent than usual.

top topics

join