It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dig unearths Stone Age sculptures

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If the circular object were suspended from some kind of rope, it could probably used as a musical instrument.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The body shape doesn't look all that different from the "Venus of Willendorf". It could be that the ivory was hard for them to carve with their stone tools, so they just didn't get the head quite right. I notice they don't state how old these statues are believed to be.

witcombe.sbc.edu...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I had a look at another article on the site:

Neanderthal 'face' found in Loire

news.bbc.co.uk...

It's a bit of a stretch, but does it look like an alien to anyone else?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

I noticed the sculptures they have a very similar look to the sculptures of the ubaid found in sothern iraq,
type up ubain images in search engie to see what i mean

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
The body shape doesn't look all that different from the "Venus of Willendorf". It could be that the ivory was hard for them to carve with their stone tools, so they just didn't get the head quite right. I notice they don't state how old these statues are believed to be.

witcombe.sbc.edu...

There are reasons why carvings are depicted using the same postures. Related items have been found around the world in the same positions. Different postures used in ritual and trance alow the person to contact different spirits in the spirit world.

It is very strange that different cultures used these postures in their carvings. No one knows how people from sides of the world had the same information.

There are various books on Estatic body postures. Im reading one at the moment. Ive not tried any of the postures yet in trance, but intend to in the future.

I believe the face may be depicted in that way to show the exact position of the head as if you have an arm incorrectly positioned you will not get the desired effect from that position in your trance.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Nice

One thing I could not find was how big or little the "cone shaped objects" are. If they are smaller could they be some type of ornamentation/jewelry?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
reply to post by Xilvius

i suppose it could be used as a wheel .. but why decorate a wheel with ornamental carvings?

no suspension , no rubber would be a quick death for a mammoth tusk wheel, so why bother carving this stuff on? only for it to be worn out real quick? unless they are stone age 'go faster' stripes of course

its possible it could have been from something ceremonial, i wouldnt think they would bother carving anything into it if it was an everyday use item, unless its the equivilent of a brand name

"firestone mammoth wheels go faster and last longer and with our new offer of 5 mammoth steaks with every purchase of 4 mamoth wheels"

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Does anyone else think they look like astronauts kinda ?

Maybe it's their best depiction of ancient visitors.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join