It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: 'I'm Sorry' About the Financial Crisis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Bush: 'I'm Sorry' About the Financial Crisis

www.foxnews.com

President Bush is expressing remorse that the global financial crisis has cost jobs and damaged retirement accounts.

The president told ABC's "World News" in an interview that he will support additional federal intervention, if necessary, to ease the recession. The interview will air Monday night.

Bush told the network: "I'm sorry it's happening, of course."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well thats just dandy. He has run this nation like a 12 year old runs a candy shop and he is "sorry"???!!!????

Sorry doesn't even begin to cover what has been done to this nation. We have become a bankrupt laughing stock country to the rest of the world.

Oh and lets not forget the rest of the world why we are at it. We are doing very well in dragging them down with us!

www.foxnews.com

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

Well thats just dandy. He has run this nation like a 12 year old runs a candy shop and he is "sorry"???!!!????

Sorry doesn't even begin to cover what has been done to this nation. We have become a bankrupt laughing stock country to the rest of the world.

Oh and lets not forget the rest of the world why we are at it. We are doing very well in dragging them down with us!

www.foxnews.com

*snip*

look, Obama is President and the Dows down 650 points. Is that Bush's fault or Obamas?

Libs...can't live with them....

====
Mod Edit: Please stay on-topic and avoid the personal comments, please.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

Obama isn't president. He is the president-elect. Bush is still the president until the inauguration.

On topic, saying sorry doesn't fix it and I'm sure he knows that. Once I see something come out of Washington that doesn't involve throwing money at the problem, that we don't have by the way, instead of fixing it then I will believe he's sorry.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

Not that I care about Bush, but he didn't really cause this. It was greedy-gut financial operatives who allowed every person who applied for a mortgage to get one, even enouraging people to falsify their information. And greedy-gut wall street. The thing is, I don't think we have begun to see the fallout, some economists say the worst is 2-3 years away.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
shouldn't clinton apologise for the deregulation that passed through when he was president?

Bush hasn't really done much but continue the downward trend that has been going on for a long time.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienhealer
shouldn't clinton apologise for the deregulation that passed through when he was president?

Bush hasn't really done much but continue the downward trend that has been going on for a long time.

of course not

history began when Bush was elected in 2000

nothing ever happened before it....

Jenna, The Messiah, is the President.

There is a term, you probably never heard of it because Bush is the first President ever, from you perspective, but he is what's known as a lame duck.

The Messsiah, is the President.

I blame Obama!

The DOW Jones TANKED today.

The Messssiah has been elected for a month, where's The Chaaaange?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I dont think he meant sorry as in its his fault or he was taking blame, i think he meant it in a general sense. Im soprry it has happened too but that doesnt mean i did it!!

Bush (or ANY preseident for that matter) does not have the power to cause all these bad things to happen, nor can they deliver on a promise to FIX things as well. The president is a mere pawn and before people go blaming a president i hope they alos look at congress and the senate and house and everyone else. =)

Originally posted by bismarcksea

www.foxnews.com

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Really? Thank you for telling me what my perspective is since I apparently have no clue and you apparently know me better than I do.

And once again, no he is not the president yet. He is the president elect and will remain such until he is sworn into office. Just like Clinton was president until Bush was sworn in. The first president Bush was president until Clinton swore in. Reagan was president until Bush was sworn in. On back through history until you get back to Washington.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
As far as the new president goes it can be summed up just like this (as can every forthcoming presidency).

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

[edit on 1-12-2008 by princeofpeace]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Once again blame Bush for everything. In one thread they say Bush is a complete idiot and in another thread he is an evil mastermind capable of fooling anybody and getting away with everything. He can't be both. Personally, I have yet to see any President in my lifetime who fully understands how the economy works. Most President who have had good economies have walked in at the right time. A matter of luck if I must say. Do you really think Bush understands how the fed and Treasury works. Just like any President, solicits advice and goes with the best idea. They gamble everything on advice. Where was the lame duck Congress when all of this happen? Besides the up the taxpayers you know what bailout and and a few other pieces of legislation, what has Congress passed to solve this economic crisis. There is plenty of blame to go around including ourselves. We complain and complain but that is all we do. Other than complain, we elected many of the same people who got us in this situation in the first place right back into Congress.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

First, my name isn't Jenny. Don't call me that. Second, I see now that you are trolling.

I apologize to the rest of the posters in this thread for feeding into it. Won't happen again.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Apology accepted.... Why not?

An apology isn't going to fix this mess any more than a magic wand.

The President always gets too much blame when things are bad and when things are good given too much credit.

Bush rightly should apologize for his role in the multitude of failed policies and outright lies as well as destructive, misguided military objectives along with policies that were by design meant to favor the ultra-rich and elite... Among many things, but he is/was hardly alone, the others responsible will neither accept blame or ever apologize.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The bottom line is that if you spend more than you make then you're going to get in over your head.

This is common sense.

Bush had to go to war, an undeclared war IMA that far exceeds the length of WWII and not to mention the budget/dollars spent. The liar, he'd said that it would be paid for by Iraqi oil revenue.

We're now bankrupt, and still fighting a bunch of "insurgents" armed only with AK's and RPGs with our military stretched to the limit, our high tech M1 Abrams and Apache Gunships and 8 years later we're still spending Billions, yes Billions of dollars per WEEK that we are borrowing !

"I'm sorry" is all he can say ?!

The DOW is down today ? What exactly do you expect ?
People are taking their money out and selling as they've recently seen the value of their Homes and 401K's evaporate...thats why the DOW is down ! Not due to the president elect.

What's funny is that people didn't learn but our economy was all F'd up after the last Bush was in office and his trickle down economics plan had failed miserably. I guess it runs in the family! You can count on the Bushies to make themselves even richer but mess things up for all the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You can blame Obama all you want it still doesn't change the fact that he isn't the president yet, and that this economy has been on it's way to this since 1913. Maybe you should educate yourself on the way our political system works and the way the economy works it might help the next time you dump non sense on a thread.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I agree. While he certainly isn't blameless for all the mistakes and bad decisions made during the last 8 years, he doesn't really have as much power as some people seem to think a president does. Personally, I put the blame for our failing economy on the shoulders of the corporations that have only been concerned with lining their own pockets a bit more. (Oil companies' record profits anyone?) I put the blame for all the bad decisions and bad policies mostly on Congress though Bush certainly played his part in those.

The people we keep voting into Congress are the primary cause of a lot of our nations problems, in my opinion. Not to mention Bush got voted into office not once, but twice. So really, it could be argued that the whole country is to blame for voting the same people right back into office after they started passing all the legislation they did. Well, maybe not the whole country but at least those who voted for the same people that put us on this road.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I must say something that needs to be said. Stop blaming Bush!!!

Instead, recognize that he is being used as much as any of us are, and had history developed differently, Bush and Co. might be your friendly neighbors. Evil does not lie within the hearts of men, but rather it is perverted by the heart of civilization... which at its core is what you might label "Luciferian" in nature.

I can only wish President Bush the best, and hope he sees the error in his ways.

We don't need anymore hate. If everyone would sit down, meditate, and send their love to President Bush..... who knows?

I've had people try to kill me before, stolen from me before, practically ruin my life at one point.... but I forgive them and I love them because MAN did they teach me a lesson I'll never forget.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Jenny, please, you know I'm right. I'm not a troll but you can believe that I am as long as that makes you feel better.

All I was trying to say is, Obama is being awfully quiet. He is as silent as a church on Tuesday.

This isn't a regular, normal, transitional-phase between President and President-elect.

Now as far as economics, I am a Peter Schiff follower. Meaning I think we are in for some trouble and I worry about Obama because he is very very likely to fall trap to his own ignorance by listening to his new "Team" of "Financial experts"

Meaning he could go down as the President who made the depression worse and caused a lot more pain that was necessary with his printing press.

But, I'll watch my tone around here and please accept my apology if my comments were deemed inappropriate for ATS discussion.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by ConservativeJack]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

Well, this should throw Sean Hannity's reason for living and manufacturing bumper-stickers out the window.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join