It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: 'I'm Sorry' About the Financial Crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
I must say something that needs to be said. Stop blaming Bush!!!

Instead, recognize that he is being used as much as any of us are, and had history developed differently, Bush and Co. might be your friendly neighbors. Evil does not lie within the hearts of men, but rather it is perverted by the heart of civilization... which at its core is what you might label "Luciferian" in nature.

I can only wish President Bush the best, and hope he sees the error in his ways.

We don't need anymore hate. If everyone would sit down, meditate, and send their love to President Bush..... who knows?

I've had people try to kill me before, stolen from me before, practically ruin my life at one point.... but I forgive them and I love them because MAN did they teach me a lesson I'll never forget.

Didn't you get the memo?

Every American is great, has no flaw, and is funny, better looking than average, smarter than average so on and so forth.

Hate is the new love man.

They don't understand energy and universal karma. They think they can judge Bush and it doesn't impact anything. Negative energy is very powerful and arguably these haters have turned their own perception of America into a reality.

It's sort of a "I'm bored let me kick the guy while he's down to make myself feel self-important" thing.

Usually the less intelligent, less self-confident people do this to boost their self-esteem.

Not all y's are z's. I'm not saying everyone, I'm saying SOME of these people are just acting out because they've failed in one area of their life and wish to compensate.

The bully "theory" from Dr. Sinclare applies. To my PSYCH majors.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

It's interesting because nobody wants to blame themselves when they get bullied. Nobody wants to admit that they accepted what was being done to them at all. It is not convenient, and in this day and age, anything inconvenient is not worth the trouble.... not worth the trouble, but it is completely kosher to allow future generations who never asked for any of this to deal with the apathy and self pity that people are wallowing in right now.

To future generations: SURPRISE! It's your fault now! Ehhhh it's retroactive. Didn't God give you the memo?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
reply to post by ConservativeJack

It's interesting because nobody wants to blame themselves when they get bullied. Nobody wants to admit that they accepted what was being done to them at all. It is not convenient, and in this day and age, anything inconvenient is not worth the trouble.... not worth the trouble, but it is completely kosher to allow future generations who never asked for any of this to deal with the apathy and self pity that people are wallowing in right now.

To future generations: SURPRISE! It's your fault now! Ehhhh it's retroactive. Didn't God give you the memo?

Right, how is Congress any better? Senators like John Edwards, boy if he had been a pro-life Conservative super star, you would NEVER hear the end of it. Especially during the height of Presidential primary season.

It's amazing that some how everything wrong with the Country is one man's fault.

Call Bush what you want, but he wasn't getting favors from a secretary after brunch. He wasn't sneaking to a Marriott at 3 am, hiding in the restroom because he was ashamed of what he did to his dying wife.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by ConservativeJack]

[edit on 1-12-2008 by ConservativeJack]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yeah, pretty much everyone thinks Bush is a dickweed . . . whatever. He could have laid a gigantic steaming ten million pound golden turd and the Bush detractors would have dissed him because it was too steamy.

Those on the opposite side of the spectrum will do the same to Obama when he's been around the block a time or two as well.

Bush apologized. That'll get us about the same as a handful of slimy boogers.

The reality, and I don't see a whole lot of folks fessing up to it yet, is that we're ALL to blame in this mess.

Who raised the roof when the seeds for all this crap were sown . . . we were all gathered around our computer screens marvelling at the fact our 401Ks, our mutual funds, our investments and the like were all growing at twenty percent per year.

Nobody gave a sideways turd about how it was happening . . . we were all on the road to wonderfullness . . . big cars, big houses, big boats, nifty $150 running shoes . . . vacations, more houses, renovations . . . football games, . . . blah blah blah . . . a pretty good chunk of us were living the good life.

And when the money started to run out, we all ran up our credit cards, we dipped into lines of credit, we bought stuff we didn't need we invested money in things that were not stable.

We dropped the ball, folks . . . we didn't pay attention . . . no due diligence . . . we crapped in the sheets and waited for somebody to fix it.

Where were out elected officials . . . who cares where they were. How many of us actually can say we know what our elected officials did for the past ten years . . . hell . . . how many of us can even name our elected officials for the past ten years.

There's over 300 million people in this country. I'm figuring at least 250 million of us know how to write, pick up a phone and call or otherwise get in touch with our elected officials every once in a while and say . . . Dude . . . what the HELL you been doing with our tax dollars???

Oh yeah . . . that's the media's job . . . . NO IT ISN'T . . . QUIT PASSING THE BUCK

Go stand in the can . . . gaze into the mirror . . . accept it . . . we LET this happen and we're LETTING IT continue . . . Obama this, Bush that, Bernanke this, Greenspan that, Paulson this, Haliburton that, Cheny this . . . yak yak yakiteeeeeeeee yak . . . Goldman Sachs . . .barfity gag Lehman Brothers, Citibank . . . GM . . . Ford . . . UAW . . . we're all talking a wonderful chitychat.

What are we doing?

Bup-freakin-kiss.

I was watching another thread today about how the credit card companies are not going to lend as much money . . . rescinding credit to the consumer . . . and people are pissed . . . seriously . . . pissed because they won't have credit cards to fund their day to day living . . . .

Hold on here . . . credit cards for day-to-day . . . what happened to society where that became a reality . . . did I miss a meeting . . . . It may be a reality, but what are we doing collectively as a society to stop THAT insanity . . . to stop our elected officials from spending us further down crap creek . . .

Bush apologized . . . so frickty what . . . maybe he can get Clinton and his dad and a handful of old wrinkled vice presidents and form a damn singin' chorus and they can tour around singing Monty Python's Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life and at least we'll be entertained over it.

In the meantime, the fact he's blurting out a condescending apology will finally get some people cheezed enough to get up off the slats and DO SOMETHING . . . .ANYUTHING . . .

damn . . . sorry . . . I need a smoke.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Right, NOBODY complained about sweat heart LOANS when the HOUSE PRICES were going UP!

Now everybody CRIES when their going down!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
Right, NOBODY complained about sweat heart LOANS when the HOUSE PRICES were going UP!

They can't complain they're all in foreclosure, homeless and have no jobs, no television, no phones or internet.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Originally posted by ConservativeJack

They can't complain they're all in foreclosure, homeless and have no jobs, no television, no phones or internet.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Walkswithfish]

I said, they ARE complaining NOW. And you bring up how they can't complain? HUH?

They ARE complaining now.

They CAN and ARE complaining. My dad is owns a mortgage company. He says the value of the homes are going down but the mortgage is more expensive than what the homes actual value is so its messy.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hey no problem! Water under the bridge amigo. You did what you could. How could we ask for more?? So shush no apologies needed.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If this idiot, and my own country (the UK), hadn't of gone to war.. we never would of been so deep in this situation right now. Chances are, It would of either been delayed a few years, or it would of never happened, if we hadn't of gone to war...

Bush 'n' Blair are very much to blame for this, along with many others, for the current crisis on ALL our hands. I know that many will argue, but, I want to put an example infront of you people so that this will make sense ...

Yesterday, it finally hit me, that this recession is really happening. It may seem a bit stupid for me, for being so slow, but, Woolworths, and P.C. World (in the UK) have now got to close up. They've lost too much money. Simple as.

lol, I distanced myself from these incidences for a while.. but, now.. jesus. How long is it gonna take to recover, if these multi million, if not billion, companies, CANNOT survive?

And remember, it's only just starting. I think, god forbid, if we're so unlucky, that we're in for one hell of a sh*t storm. If all the major companies start failing, then what the hell is stopping the small companies, e.g. the family businesses? The little cafes e.t.c ??

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Every President has had their hands in the cookie jar at one time or another. Bush is no different. This economic cluster F*** is result of greed to the highest degree. Tho there are the many that are to blame for the outright theft of this countries wealth...we should be looking in the mirror at ourselves for this one folks. We are to blame for letting them get away with this for so long. All the President before are to blame as well...Bush just took it up several notches with his blatant abuse of Presidential power.

Just for the record Obama is NOT President yet as he himself has stated several times over. As President elect...he has no Presidential authority until after Jan. 20,2009. So ConservativeJack you should read up on your law before making blanket assumptions with no basis.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 12/1/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Good grief people, put down the republicRAT kool aid. Left-right is a false paradigm with both sides controlled by the big money PTB. That’s why no matter who is in the majority, we move down the same incremental path towards larger, more expensive gov with more centralized control. Global gov is the ultimate goal and we’re not too far from that now. Wake up and smell the tyranny. As long as you’re sniping at each other, your not addressing the real problem, which is the fact that the banksters control both parties.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I like how the OP says our country sucks now. Yeah all those countries in Africa are doing soooo much better...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i really think we need to stop blaming everyone in DC.... i'm getting sick of trying to open peoples' minds and getting the reply...."well there's nothing i can do!" i'm so fed up with this....stop blaming and take responsibility for our own actions... i see us talking about it being this pres' fault or this pres' fault....doesnt this forum PROMOTE THE DENIAL OF IGNORANCE.... we as a populace have let this go on; by either voting away the chance to create change or by simply not talking to someone about this...when was the last time you had a sit down with your neighbor to get their perspective on the situation in this country and the world around. i constantly hear ..." well what can we do about it....nothing" that's lkie bending over and saying thank you sir may i have another... the moment we realize that we are in this together, is the moment something will be done to correct the injustices. i cant to begin to understand how millions think they cant change what is being done by hundreds. lets not forget WE elect who goes into office...no matter what position. this isnt a monarchy...last time i checked. we have placed our masters in their position and until we CHOOSE to come TOGETHER as a populace to correct OUR corrupt CEO's,SENATORS,CONGRESSIONAL REPS, AND PRESIDENTS ALIKE. Until then we will have nothing but SORRY presidents, sorry senators, a sorry congress, and CEO's that could CARE LESS FOR YOUR WELL BEING and care all about their pockets! I'm Sorry TOO!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
off topic in addtion.....i believe it might have been ben franklin who said " people should not be afraid of it government; but goverment be afraid of its people" i might be a little off but you get the picture.......

on topic.....

i'm sure bush is the sorriest one in this country, as he sits on his ranch in texas....

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In case you people haven't seen the movie Zeitgeist: Addendum (and/or the first movie, simply Zeitgeist), please do watch it for start to finish and do something about it. Not just yell at each other on a webpage. We can all love each other, we just don't concider it possible because we haven't experienced such a world yet. Still living in the monetary system we can be very ignorant and rude to others, when inside our own heads we'd like to do otherwise.

Break free of the system. Boycott the goverment and the corporations the Federal Reserve supports. Join together with your friends to start a global revolution, it's happening right now! We're just not hearing about it in the media of course, since the media is one of the cruel tools of the monetary system. Don't believe a mere sorry from anyone working for them. Please don't just forget it and go back to work, it's your children and their children that have to live in the same sick world as slaves if we don't act, before it's too late!

www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

wow, bush says sorry!!!!?????

wow, just wow.

he was the one the told us that we are not in a recession but a slow down yet we were offically in one since last year of dec.

ALso Now Nasa might need to hitch a ride with Russia for future space flights since we can't afford to build the rocket we wanted to. So we will be a year behind task.

well I hope someone sees bush walking down the street and someone mugs him detroit style.

He will be sorry when he starts to become one of us.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

I think its fair to say that everyone is sorry it is happening..what would we really expect him to say?

I don't think it is an apology based on personal responsibility...I think it is just the typical media response or general attitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join