It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu-Dhabi Uses Petro Dollars to buy AIG . . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
AIG Private Bank Ltd,

We just bail them out with $150 billion in government assistance and received heat for an executive retreat soon after taking a government loan.

And now they are selling to the Arabs?

What in the Heck is going on here?

This is just another example of a middle-eastern nation putting its Pietro dollars to work, buying out American businesses and whole industries. Over the last 10 years alone foreign entities have spent $1.2 trillion to acquire more than 8,000 key U.S. companies. U.S. industries such as mining, cement, publishing, engine and power transmission equipment, rubber and plastics, sound recording and motion pictures are now largely foreign owned.

Is our tax payer money that went to bail out this corrupted company and now they are selling their private bank, did the bail out was used for their private bank too? can they do that?

Incredible.

www.economyincrisis.org...
money.cnn.com...

[edit on 1-12-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How could they be able to sell when they just borrowed money from the gov't. The gov't is letting them do that. I thought if you received money from this bailout then the gov't own a portion of your company or some strings attached.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That is exactly what I thought, that they are own or part of them by the government.

But when they say that US "lend the money" that means that they are to pay back that money, but will they?

Are they selling this private banks to pay the bail out assistance they got?

It seems that the deails of the sell are not been explained in full.

I wonder.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
How could they be able to sell when they just borrowed money from the gov't. The gov't is letting them do that. I thought if you received money from this bailout then the gov't own a portion of your company or some strings attached.

Gov gave them a loan at a higher interest rate via Senior Preferred Shares.

AIG Is ordered to sell off the company in pieces to pay the Federal government back. Ya.. they are supposed to pay as much back as possible.

In all honesty... the way the Gov structured these bailouts, every single company has all but declared Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.. liquidate what they can, pay back what they can, and the Fed absorbs the rest.

Don't be surprised Arabs own our banks.
It's been a growing trend since 2001.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
They're the second lot to get involved in this whole Manchester lark. AIG sponsor Manchester United, while another of their lot have bought Manchester City. It's a complete waste of money but we are going to see some hot players in the Premiership for this.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A while back even before the economic crisis I saw this coming, when it was a time when it was regulations prohibiting any foreign nation from buying into America financial systems due to security reasons.

Now our entire nation is for sale.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Can you believe it!
They crashed the economy and now they selling your Country out from beneath your feet! To the Saudis and The Japanese!
Man you going to wake up one day and you will be living in China!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
AIG and Citi Financial

We prop them up, keep them afloat and once the tides turn, guess who's going to profit?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I guess we can fight terrorism when it comes to more laws on the citizens of this nations but when it comes to foreign acquisitions America's security doesn't come into question.

The Arabs will be owning a big piece of the American pie.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm always amazed at how many people don't realise that private companies are owned by foreign investors.

Didn't a situation occur in Australia where they had too many foreign companies and they couldn't raise business taxes, etc, because those companies just threatend to move their business (and local jobs) elsewhere?

I can't remember where I read/heard that but it was quite some time ago. It's 3rd hand news so don't quote me on. Maybe someone else can verify?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

What foreign entities are most invested in the United States? What do they own?

What foreign entities are most invested in the United States? What do they own?
The country with the most holdings in the United States is the United Kingdom, followed by Japan, Germany, the Netherlands, and France. At the end of 2004, the sum of all foreign assets in the United States had an estimated market value of $2.7 trillion, though only 2 percent of these holdings are owned by state-run companies. Foreign companies' holdings are most concentrated in the manufacturing sector, but they also extend into several of the eleven "critical" areas identified by the Bush administration. In the energy sector, British Petroleum, Royal Dutch Shell, and Venezuela's state-owned Citgo all have holdings within U.S. borders. Finland's Nokia and Sweden's Ericsson are major telecommunications providers; French-owned Sodexho U.S.A. is the largest food service company in the United States, and even serves meals on Marine Corps bases; and the largest private security firm operating in the United States, Securitas, is based in Sweden.

Middle Eastern entities (excluding Israel) bore the brunt of the ire surrounding the Dubai Ports World purchase. These entities account for about 0.5 percent of foreign investment in theUnited States. However, these companies have some high-profile holdings, including New York's Plaza and Essex House hotels, the Caribou Coffee Co., and the aircraft manufacturer Cirrus Industries, Inc.

Here's the link

[edit on 2-12-2008 by GoalPoster]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
America is now opening to the Gulf countries for acquisitions because China, Japan and the UK are having financial problems of their own.

This Arabs nations have liquidity, thanks to America's dependency to oil.

U.S. Borrows $300 Billion from Gulf States

They are now becoming our lenders and in return we are giving away part of our nation to them.

Facing increasing strains on its own budget, the United States has sought at least $300 billion from oil-rich Gulf states in order to meet the needs of its bailout programs, according to Agence France-Presse.

The United States is already heavily indebted to many nations around the world and to the OPEC countries in particular. Sources revealed to Kuwait’s Al-Seyassah that Washington has gone to Saudi Arabia ($120 billion), the United Arab Emirates ($70 billion), Qatar ($60 billion) and Kuwait ($40) in its search for cash.

www.economyincrisis.org...

I wonder how much of that 300 billion was to help finance the bail out.

top topics

join