It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have been thinking, and I am sure I am not the first to think this.. but..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The only thing you need to know about the bible is the god in it is not the creator as is claimed. Anybody who claimes he is is just an uneducated idiot. The second is the fact that there was more than one global disaster. They come like clockwork and the writers of that book know it is a calendar. They intentionally after the flood gathered these stories and used them to control the people so that when the next disaster comes thier families will be safe and yours will be dead. Read the book "old world secrets the omega project codes". You research what is in that book and you will be teen times smarter than anybody you have ever met. Most of the world is so blind to reality that they will not ever have a chance to survive the next disaster, and half of them dont care because that is the time they get to go live with Jesus. They screwed all of these idiots out of a future for thier families.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by The Stand]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Explain then "The soul that sins shall surely die". That shows that the soul is not immortal.

The verse in question is Ezekiel 18:4
The word ‘die’ in its original text is mûth which can mean either a literal or figurative death. An example of figurative death is when the same word was used in Genesis 2:17 when God said that if Adam and Eve eat the Apple, they will surely die. We know that they didn’t literally die (well not straight away). They were just cut off from God, so it was a figurative death. It could have been a figurative death in Ezekiel as well, meaning if we sin, we are cut off from God.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272
While we are on the subject if we are Gods children, why the hell do we go to Hell for stealing, raping, murdering, having sex for fun, eating # we shouldn't, and just generally being ass holes while ALL of his other creations (see most living beings other than humans) act in this manner by design nearly from birth and they get off with no problem. We are getting the donkey dick end of this deal.
[edit on 29-11-2008 by shug7272]

That's not exactly true. Animals don't murder, they kill to survive. They don't rape, they mate and clearly both parties want it. They don't steal because they have been coveting, they steal because they are hungry. They don't eat things they know are going to be detrimental to them either.
They are far more innocent than we are so shouldn't fall under the same rules.

God has given us a free will to choose whether we are going to do the right thing or the bad thing and he's even given us forgiveness through Jesus if we realise that we have been on the wrong path and want to do the right thing - I think it's a fantastic deal.

I find when trying to understand Gods motivations, picture yourself as God and provided you are not clouded by ego, you will come to realise that you wouldn't do a better job, no one would.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by the siren

While we are on the subject if we are Gods children, why the hell do we go to Hell for stealing, raping, murdering, having sex for fun, eating # we shouldn't, and just generally being ass holes while ALL of his other creations (see most living beings other than humans) act in this manner by design nearly from birth and they get off with no problem. We are getting the donkey dick end of this deal.

That's not exactly true. Animals don't murder, they kill to survive. They don't rape, they mate and clearly both parties want it. They don't steal because they have been coveting, they steal because they are hungry. They don't eat things they know are going to be detrimental to them either.
They are far more innocent than we are so shouldn't fall under the same rules.

God has given us a free will to choose whether we are going to do the right thing or the bad thing and he's even given us forgiveness through Jesus if we realise that we have been on the wrong path and want to do the right thing - I think it's a fantastic deal.

I find when trying to understand Gods motivations, picture yourself as God and provided you are not clouded by ego, you will come to realise that you wouldn't do a better job, no one would.

In the animal world there is a animal called the Lion. The male Lion will compete against and try to Kill the rival Lion for the territory and females.
If the Lion that wins dont belong to the Group. He will kill all the cubs from the other Lion King. He will also mate with every female lion.

In the human world that would be looked upon as a great sin. Murder and greed. And in the western world having a harem is a sin.

But again God dont compare us to animals. And we are not sepose to compare our selves to animals.

Back on topic:

In my eyes the Bible is a book that talks about human morals and predictions. It talks about the human nature. It talks about whats right and wrong. It talks about our human spirit and believes. It talks about human actions. It talks about human needs and values compared to Gods.
In my eyes that is what Jesus is doing all a long. Jesus is trying to give us a message or a lesson.
If you read the Bible latterly you can see that there is a moral message in every story. Your suppose to see and learn the morals and the hints.

Even the Revelations give you a very important message about morals.

We are not sepose to compare human morals with Gods morals. Thats what Jesus and the Bible is all about. But we still question Gods moral with our own,and thats why we dont understand.

And when it comes to the predictions we dont understand that it is actually our moral actions that will lead to them. But we give the devil that blame. Becuase we dont understand that we are doing things wrong.
Becuase our wholy spirit towards God is weak. And it is getting weaker every day.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
In the animal world there is a animal called the Lion. The male Lion will compete against and try to Kill the rival Lion for the territory and females.
If the Lion that wins dont belong to the Group. He will kill all the cubs from the other Lion King. He will also mate with every female lion.

I live in South Africa, so I know of this 'animal called the lion'

Why does the lion do that? - For survival. If he doesn't do it, another one will...defense by offense.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by the siren

I live in South Africa, so I know of this 'animal called the lion'

Why does the lion do that? - For survival. If he doesn't do it, another one will...defense by offense.

Hi!!!
All i wanted was to state that we are not suppose to compare our selves with the animals. The animals play a different role in Gods creation. And your quite right it is for survival. We humans are not suppose to survive in the same way.

But the odd thing is what did the animals do wrong since they had to fallow us into this world. Why where they cast out from the Garden?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

But the odd thing is what did the animals do wrong since they had to fallow us into this world. Why where they cast out from the Garden?

Good question. I personally believe that could be explained by the belief that the the garden of Eden was here on earth. Some people believe that it was between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers - Iraq

When I was in the Seychelles, I met some people that believe the Garden of Eden was the island of Praslin, and the "apple" was a type of coconut only found there called the coc de mer which is shaped like a woman bending over. Praslin is definately beautiful enough to have been Eden!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Jeremiah, Chapter 1, Verse 5 is where you'll find it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by the siren

They didn't drop dead on the spot but they did die. Evetually. So it was literal.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Jesus died to cover our sins . Since you can't even get through one day without sinning (bad thoughts are sins too) then you need to believe in Christ as the Savoir(i.e God) in order to bypass your sins and enter heaven. That is the only way you can save your soul;otherwise it is dead to God.

edit for spelling

[edit on 1-12-2008 by seabisquit]

[edit on 1-12-2008 by seabisquit]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

If God created all, including the Devil and Demons (demons by proxy) and they are what cause or at least tempt (assist) humans to sin and sin is what condemns humans to being tortured in hell (or at least being punished in some way)... well. WTF? Why does he allow them to exist? He knew about the bullspit Lucifer would pull when he created him, but he did it anyway. What purpose do they serve other than helping humans to condemn

In our society, we have what we call "laws". Go break it, you pay the price. No one can take the place for you so you can go scott free without paying any penalty. You cannot point the finger at anyone and say that he or she tempted me. One has to take responsibility for his actions. You are not some robot, you have the choice.

God offered His Son to us. You believe in Him, you are not condemned. It is impossible for anyone to be perfect. Christ sacrifice on the cross is the ultimate sacrifice for these imperfections of ours.

It is offered as a gift. It is offered as a ransom for many to those who want to believe. Instead of us going to hell for eternal damnation, He did for all of us so we don't have to suffer for it.

The penalty of sin is death. Since, Christ did not sin, technically, the grave and death could not hold Him. So He was raised to eternal life by God.

Since He died for us, we can also share this eternal life with Him. He offers it to those who want to believe in Him.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone
In our society, we have what we call "laws". Go break it, you pay the price. No one can take the place for you so you can go scott free without paying any penalty. You cannot point the finger at anyone and say that he or she tempted me. One has to take responsibility for his actions. You are not some robot, you have the choice.

God offered His Son to us. You believe in Him, you are not condemned. It is impossible for anyone to be perfect. Christ sacrifice on the cross is the ultimate sacrifice for these imperfections of ours.

It is offered as a gift. It is offered as a ransom for many to those who want to believe. Instead of us going to hell for eternal damnation, He did for all of us so we don't have to suffer for it.

The penalty of sin is death. Since, Christ did not sin, technically, the grave and death could not hold Him. So He was raised to eternal life by God.

Since He died for us, we can also share this eternal life with Him. He offers it to those who want to believe in Him.

Why did God remove Adam from the garden? Was it not to protect the tree of life because Adam would be experiencing both good and evil?

What would it take for Adam to get back into the garden? Would it not be for Adam to not do evil anymore?

Why is this considered punishment, rather than protection for those who are not evil and still in heaven?

Why did god make the commandments what they are? Was it just stuff he liked? Or is it because if you don't do these, you will harm and kill the people who are good, as we did to Jesus?

As such, how is just merely believing in Jesus going to save you? Does Jesus not say those who believe will walk the path? Does Jesus tell the rich man t simply believe that he is god? Why does Jesus tell the rich man to go walk the path, that it is hard to get a rich man into heaven? Why is it that the same rich man no longer has to walk the path, just has to believe Jesus is god? Why would God need to make Jesus suffer if the only goal was to get people to believe in his image? Could he not just forgive people he thought deserved it on his own?

Here's the deal. We took from the tree of knowledge where we would know both good and evil. You have to experience both to understand either, the same as hot and cold. So that we would not destroy the tree of life, and those who are good. We are put on this planet as a school/prision to learn the lessons of good and evil.

At which point, commandments are given, but the leaders of the time do not understand it and it ends up being used for evil and the leaders actually break the commandments. God so loved the world that he gave us Jesus, who is the example to follow so that you will no longer be evil and you can get back into heaven. Only by following his narrow path, not the wide path of "just believe" can you do this. Thus why Jesus said what he said to the rich man, and thus why Jesus says those who believe will walk the path.

Once you learn your lesson, no longer sin and walk the path of Jesus, all is forgiven and no longer and issue. And you can get back into heaven.

The church focuses only on the image so that you will accept their anti-christ. If you take in authority as truth, and believe that all you need to do is believe in Jesus, they can provide whatever they want to you. And they have for a long time.

It is not enough to just believe in Jesus, you have to follow his example. Then you will see truth, take truth as the authority, not those who hold worldly powers and you will be set free.

The church sells the wide path. And when people don't find Jesus in their wide path, the church is happy to step in and fill that role for you. It is not enough to simply believe in Jesus, you have to walk the path. Because if you truly believe, then you will walk the path.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shug7272

The conspiracy *IS* against Y-O-U!!! However, this conspiracy is not orchestrated or carried out by G-d, but rather by those who rejected G-d.

Read Ezekiel 16 and it is plain as day that G-d (as most know) made a holy union (like a husband makes his union with his bride, feeding her and adorning her) with Israel; not to EXCLUDE the rest of humanity, but rather to show through Israel (a pitiful people) that He was the one true G-d. Yet through all of His love shown by feeding her, giving her a home, adorning her with riches, she didn't bother giving the credit to her "husband" G-d, but rather turned to other nation's dumb (meaning mute and powerless) gods... sacrificing their chidren (G-d's children) to these idols and gods.

Now, imagine you take a wife... you want to show the world your love through your wife and FOR your wife. You feed her, you give her a lovely home, you clothe her in the finest materials, you take up for her when others scorn her, and you even adorn her in the biggest diamonds and other precious stones that would make every other wife jealous.... How would you feel if she turned to another man and gave him the affection, attention, and devotion that belonged to you? IF that hurts, imagine how you would feel once she gave away her body and the intamacy that comes with that.

Don't lie.... I am human. I have gone through the betrayal in a marriage. I, being the wife, gave up my job.. my position in my community.. and literally my body to please him and yet he was looking elsewhere. I went through ALL the emotions. Anger, extreme loneliness, sadness beyond anything I have felt before or hope to ever feel again, abandonment, etc.

We are the mirror image of G-d and it is obvious that He is telling us in Ezekiel 16 that we are more than the mirror image of his physical being.

Put yourself in HIs place while you read that book and chapter. Forget that you feel he allowed Israel to get away with what you see as atrocities and imagine what YOU would feel and experience if the person that you LOVED AND ADORED took from you and GAVE EVERYTHING over to another.. if that person took it all from you and took all those benefits of your love and then gave themselves to someone esle (another person who didn't give to her what you gave to her) while still taking from you. How would you feel if you found out the person you gave your name to marred it so carelessly with the lusts of another man.

It paints quite the different picture of G-d. He is very much our mirror image and yet He retains His mercy. His mercy is that, yes, one day, for the sake of those who choose to walk in His way, He must rid the world of those that would corrupt and take advantage.

The fact that He hasn't done so yet is a bigger show of mercy... Lord knows that I have had to turn completely away from my ex to control my emotions. He not only hasn't turned, but from the obvious emptiness and "feelings" to fill that emptiness that are EMINATING from this board, He is still trying to reach out.

We are looking to explain everything and yet the explanation is what is calling us to search for that explanation.

I believe. I surrender. The very thing that we search for is the very being that gives us the breath and heartbeat to continue to search for Him.
Mercy at its finest... Mercy that has admitted it has a ticker counting down the seconds to the end of the searching and the beginning of joy for those who decided to see, taste, and trust.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by justamomma]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join