It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

buying land on the moon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

buying land on the moon?

Own One Acre of Land on the Moon

One Acre of Land on the Moon
1 acre on the Moon - $29.99. It is true. You can purchase acres of land on the Moon. 100% legal and real! Moon property is: a great gift, potential prudent investment and an interesting conversation piece. Three different gift packages.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-11-2008 by joshs]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I was unaware this was possible, dont you have to own something before you can sell it. How is this possible, is it a scam, or is this actually a legit deal. You could eventually make millions from this, if and when we colonize the moon. Would someone exxplain to me how this works or if it really does.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by joshs

Please Post Link....
or even better a vid

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I got some for my brother last christmass,gimik or not he loved it

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

sorry about that i'm new here

www.lunarlandowner.com

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

sorry about that i'm new here

www.lunarlandowner.com

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Breaking news? Come on. These scams have been around for years. There are companies that sell you the chance to name a star or distant planet. Do you think any astronomer backs this up?

Anyone wanna buy the whitehouse? Maybe number 10? Eiffel Tower? A little common sense goes a long way

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This has been availiable for many years now, since no government can control the land of an object in space one man decided he could insted. now we owe him money if we want land on the moon. I call titan HA! one billion to send a research team to my moon thank you.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Umm this is a scam people.
They can not sell you what they don't own.
No one owns the moon.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This is really going on for years now. As Kundalini said you can also sell the whitehouse or neighbour's house, but without legal papers the buyer will not really own it. If you buy the land on the Moon you can never be sure you are the only "owner", since there are several companies and every one sells the whole Moon. I also read somewhere a man bought his girlfriend a star for her birthday. So what?? He payed, but she can do nothing with that star...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Wher as buying land on the moon is stupid
Buying the other half a star, even if its not legally yours i dont think thats the point, I think the point of buying somone a star, or naming a star after somone is the symbolism in it that "i would get you the moon and stars" type jargen
Not so much a " look honey, We have property in space now"

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
They probably are selling you land from the darkside of the moon, not bad unless you plan on running a flashlight store up there. Do you have to pay taxes on this land? Can you take out a loan against this land? Will any body take you seriously about this?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
They probably are selling you land from the darkside of the moon, not bad unless you plan on running a flashlight store up there. Do you have to pay taxes on this land? Can you take out a loan against this land? Will any body take you seriously about this?

LOL yeah good point man.
What about a phosphorus store?
Radioactive phosphorus shells to light up your day? hahaha

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There is no dark side. Only the other side.
Something overlooking the sea of tranquility would be nice.
Location Location Location

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshs

I was unaware this was possible, dont you have to own something before you can sell it. How is this possible, is it a scam, or is this actually a legit deal. You could eventually make millions from this, if and when we colonize the moon. Would someone exxplain to me how this works or if it really does.

who's this "we" .. you mean .. like.. the "we" of joe public?

-

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There's a documentary on this.

Basically what a guy did is applied for ownership rights to the entire moon using legal government courses of action.

The government had the ability when he turned it in to say no you can't. The government never responded so he hired a lawyer and started the due process of claiming ownership to the moon.

The US government was given several opportunities to tell him no through all the paper work filed and never did respond to anything he sent in.

In the end because there was no response legally he was entitled to ownership of the moon. So he staked his claim of the moon and legally on paper he owns it.

So after that he started selling plots on the moon originally they were 100 an acre on up to thousands depending on what part you wanted. Several celebrities invested into the sea of tranquility at that time.

The question then became, why would you want to live there and if a Russian was living there first and staked his claim who would have rights internationally speaking.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

3 Men Own 75% of Mineral Rights of the Moon.

A loophole in Space Law allows individuals and companies to hold Mineral Rights on the Moon, Mars and other celestial bodies. Growing concern from Scientists that these rights may be held hostage have been alleviated by a three man North American team; Dr. Joseph Resnick, Dr. Timothy R. O'Neill and Guy Cramer (ROC-Resnick/O'Neill/Cramer team) who have acquired the mineral rights for 95% of the side of the moon that faces Earth, the polar regions and 50% of the far side of the moon.

Lunar Mineral Rights

Dr. Resnick (former NASA scientist and current consultant to NASA) states "Space law does not allow countries to have land ownership on planets and moons in the solar system but it does allow for the Mineral Rights to be obtained by individuals and companies." The countries party to the Space Treat Act have agreed that none of them has neither jurisdiction nor ownership of any extraterrestrial body, nor samples.” Dr. Resnick found the loophole in Space Law 25 years ago that allowed him ownership of all planetary bodies outside the "Third Planet from the Sun"... submitted this to the World Court at the Hague, and to the United Nations in New York City. In 25+ years no one has ever disputed Dr. Resnick’s claimed ownership.

Mars Mineral Rights

Great article about these three men from The Living Moon .

The "About Us" from The Universal Mineral Leases Registry.Com Universal Mineral Leases Registery

A link to Space Law website although I have not looked into it International Space Law

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Nobody owns the moon, therefor everybody is allowed to sell it. This came up a long time ago too.

I can't wait until someone actually tries to claim their land. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Being this a conspiracy website this is an interesting topic. No one owns the moon, however these men claim they own the mineral rights to most of it. These aren't just any joe schmo's, Dr. Resnick is/was a NASA scientist. The other two O'Neil and Cramer are in the scientific research fields. It would be nice if anyone posted any info they know about this and these men.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join