It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

buying land on the moon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
There is an old saying that "possession is 9/10's of the law".

I think homesteading, or shall we say "moonsteading" will determine ownership of parcels of the moon.
Good luck trying to evict squatters from your land though.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I agree, if you can't demonstrate the ability to control or even robotically visit the land, there's no way your claim to the land will hold up. I liken "private lunar property" to determinations of ownership of the salvage from sea wrecks in international waters. You have to at least get a robotic probe down there first to have any chance that your claim will be recognized by any real authority. But if you can at least access it robotically, generally you have a right to some or all of the loot.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Russia recently planted it's flag on the sea floor under the arctic ice in anticipaton of establishing drilling rights as the sea ice continues to recede.

It wil be interesting to see how this plays out if Global warming continues and the pack ice disappears.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The only reason I want to become a Billionare is to do things like this. I also want to build my own "Space ship". FORGET NASA!! Ima do my own thing!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
WARNING: The next post should be read with sarcasim tones.

Does this mean I can run over to any land, like mexico, place a flag there and then start selling the land?

Why would you want to buy land on the moon when I can sell you rights to the sun? start charging the world for your percentage of solar power that is delivered daily!

Is that flag still there on the moon? Was a flag ever really placed? What a bunch of bulltracks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join