It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a Favorite Christmas movie..What is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Now thats the nicest thing any has said to me in a long time Orange..Thanks..So I said something nice to you and its in Latin!!!"Amicitiae nostrae memoriam spero sempiternam fore"

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
A Christmas Story

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Scrooged

Rudolph

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Miracle on 34th Street with out a doubt!

Love this movie

Oni

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody mentioned March of the Wooden Soldiers. I always enjoyed that one when I was a kid. Now that I am bit older I have to agree that Bad Santa is my new favorite. Who doesn't need a wooden pickle????

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Hey..A fellow Jerseyean..Im in South Jersey but your the first one ive come across here..Bad Santa is a classic..I so wish I could post a you tube video from Bad Santa but im sure Iwould get my pee pee smacked if I did that but im about to go rent that movie right now!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
Here I am again, Starting another Christmas oriented thread and I apologize because Im not trying to forcefeed my favorite time of the year down anybodys throat but this year is more special than most since its my first Christmas that I am back in my home town and a civilian and not to mention my younger borther will be home for Christmas, He is currently overseas serving in the Army so it will be nice to see him and enjoy the sights and sounds of the holiday season!!!

Ok...One Christmas movie, What is your favorite one?..or do you have a couple? Enjoy BTS friends..hahaha

[edit on 28-11-2008 by cmd18B]

SCROOGED

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by cmd18B

A Christmas Story.

You'll shoot your eye out. You'll shoot your eye out.

It... It was.... SOAP... POISON...

Hopefully at least one person here will be familiar with that movie. I loved it so much as a kid, I watched it year around.

P.S. Welcome back and I am glad you're brother will be able to be home for Christmas! That has to be the best gift of all. My brother is in Iraq right now and will also be home for Christmas. Can't wait to see him.

Love this one as well AshleyD, Though I have to confess I'm a sucker for all Christmas stories..............Yes I love them all..........By the way I love your now Avatar and Sig.........Got that Christmas spirit...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ok, I love "Bad Santa" with Billy Bob. Crude, funny, yet has truths. At the end(and you can see it coming ), Billy Bob redeems the movie . The boy ( no idea who he is) carries the Christmas spirit despite Billy Bob's hilarious Santa guise.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I like this time of year because I like cold weather; I'm the cold miser:

My favorite all time is A Christmas Carol (1984)

www.libertyfilmfestival.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
George C. Scott was born to play that role. Just shows the similarity between the Patton archetype and the Scrooge personality taint.

all the best.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
A Christmas Story

Our hillbilly neighbors owned about seventy five smelly hound dogs.

Based on a book of short stories by Jean Shepard (about 5 bucks on Amzn and a cool gift for those hard to buy for Christmas Story fans)

Also

Scrooged.

I never cared enough about a girl to buy her twenty sharp knives before.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by badgerprints]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
A bit off topic, but the music from the old Charlie Brown shows is incredible. (I.E. "Christmas Time Is Here"). Look up Vince Guaraldi on You Tube to hear this and more. If you like jazz, the man was a genious.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Not really "Christmas"..., but almost. New Year's Eve! I connect it with Christmas. The same procedure every year.

Freddie Frinton - Dinner for One

'DINNER FOR ONE' starring British comedian Freddie Frinton is a cult classic in Germany and across various European countries -- shown every New Year's Eve. Yet still remains relatively unknown to British audiences. A lonely upper-class Englishwoman, Miss Sophie (May Warden), hosts a dinner every New Year's Eve for her long-dead admirers: Mr Pommeroy, Mr Winterbottom, Sir Toby and Admiral von Schneider.
Her butler, James (Freddie Frinton), makes his way around the table playing each of the guests in turn. As he does so, he drinks each guest's share of the wine, becoming more inebriated and familiar and repeatedly trips over a tiger skin on the floor.
The vital exchange is: "The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"
"The same procedure as every year, James!"

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Wow!... Good thread!

I have so many favorites - but I think I can say (in no particular order):

.: A Christmas Carol (Alistair Sim - 1951 version)

.: It's a Wonderful Life (The original, un-colorized version)

.: A Christmas Story ("You'll shoot your eye out kid!... Ho - Ho - Hooooo!" )

.: The Rankin-Bass Specials (Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, Year Without a Santa Claus, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, etc)

.: Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join