It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spook beneath the Attic Stairs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Excellent thread, this is what the paranormal studies section should be!

I'm toying with the idea of posting a strangely similar story which involves my parent's house and my temporary return there. There is a slight twist that involves one of my children too, it seems she is starting to experience some of the same things I did when I was younger... I too am considering leaving some recording devices around to see if I catch anything out of the ordinary.

Anyway, enough of me - hurry up and get some photos and the like OP, it's an excellent read thus far.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

I'm toying with the idea of posting a strangely similar story which involves my parent's house and my temporary return there. There is a slight twist that involves one of my children too, it seems she is starting to experience some of the same things I did when I was younger... I too am considering leaving some recording devices around to see if I catch anything out of the ordinary.

Anyway, enough of me - hurry up and get some photos and the like OP, it's an excellent read thus far.

Totally agree with you about this kind of thread being what The Paranormal forum should be about ... that said DO IT ... dammit don't wait for an invitation start the thread about your parents house ... let's build-up a good paranormal section with real and interesting accounts with meat on there bones.
oops, sorry, got a bit carried away there.

Woody

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
A good question came up in another forum/thread that had me wondering about 'walter' too.

Philosophy and Metaphysics » Where does your EM field go when you die?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very interesting. I think I'll have to do a little more research on the subject.

Originally posted by Goathief

Hi Goathief, thanks for the comments. I'd definitely like to hear more about your experiences. As Woody said, we need more personal accounts!

With regards to photos, I've been looking through old photographs taken at the house during times of peak activity. I'm yet to find any anomalies but will probably post a few shots anyway to give you an impression of the interior.

As we head into April I'm hoping to devote a little more time to this as I will be working less hours.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Encounters in 2002

2002 was a particularly intense year with regards to experiences at Number 57. The bulk of this activity coincided with the arrival my then girlfriend. Towards the end of summer, she moved in with us for several months whilst we waited for the property next door to become available (Number 59).

I believe that it was her presence that set ‘Walter’ off again. As I mentioned in an earlier post, big changes in the house seemed to disturb him. The addition of a young female must’ve pushed him over the edge! Some of the events below have been mentioned briefly in earlier posts.

The encounters started with the smell; it was apparent the day she moved in. Moving from one room to the next, it was possibly to follow it around. The intensity of the smell was indescribable; it was a musty, old, damp smell. To this day, you can smell it whenever big changes occur.

Several days later, we were hearing things after dark. ‘Something’ was creeping about in the shadows of the bedroom; the sound of its ‘feet’ on the carpeted surface was crystal clear. Upon reaching the foot of the bed, the footsteps would cease, being replaced with the familiar smell as it literally floated across the bed.

Shortly after this, ‘Walter’ began to manifest himself physically. My ex-girlfriend was the first to encounter this – she attempted to switch a light on when a ‘shadowy hand’ darker than the darkness itself intercepted.
The second physical event was the previously mentioned jewellery box incident. This is a quote from another thread I authored on the subject –

Originally posted by theboxMyself, my partner and a friend were sitting in front of a television (I can't for the life of me remember what we were watching). The television was sat upon a desk with a small jewellery box placed on top of the TV. Seconds later the small box decided to throw itself at my friend. At first we thought that the box had just 'fallen' from the TV (even this would've been a little odd), but when we assessed the situation we realised the box had actually thrown itself downwards at a 45 degree angle, covering about 2-3 feet in distance.

The third physical event seemed to focus solely on my ex-girlfriend. It was around 7pm in the evening and was still light outside. She was sat on the bed listening to music in the bedroom when I nipped downstairs to make some drinks. When I returned a few minutes later, she was under the sheets, hiding. The first thing I noticed was that the music was no longer playing. She was quite shaken, and the fear was visible on her face. Just after I’d left the room, she’d heard footsteps creep up behind her and whatever it was began to shake the headboard. This ended with whatever it was switching off the stereo.

The most significant event of all though - as mentioned in an earlier post - happened a few weeks later. Waking suddenly in the middle of the night, my ex-girlfriend shot up in the dimly lit bedroom and caught sight of ‘Walter’ in the mirror. Eerily, his face was visible where her face should’ve been. She said she’d seen an elderly man, with a gaunt face and grey moustache. It was after this incident that my mum decided to visit a neighbour. The neighbour described Mr. Ainscough exactly as my ex-girlfriend had seen him.

Weeks later, this was all the more eerie when the kids next door (Number 55) saw the same man in the corner of their living room.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
excellent thread! We supposedly had the ghost of child in my childhood home in Charlotte, MI, but I was too young to understand what was going on (3 to 5 yrs old). I wish I could go back there and ask the current owners if they've heard/seen anything. lucky for you, you can get updates!

S&F

top topics

<< 1   >>

join