It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spirit of Resistance- An American Civil Revolution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I want nothing more than to believe as many have voiced, that we need to take action. It is obvious, when so many here agree, that this government of the USA has gone too far. The world sees it and speaks of such as well, while the majority keeps taking it when they don't have to.

Look where inaction has gotten us, allowing the government to do as it pleases.
See the failing economy, our borders sold out to communist nations, people wondering if they should fill a tank of gas or by groceries.

See what has been allowed through inaction, corporate manipulations via proxy on the hill, trillions of dollars to those same, while the people are made to pay for it.

I stand against this government, and every thing it has done to defile the American people and our nations good name. Stand I alone, or with fellow countrymen, I stand against this corruption none the less.

It is by the principles and logic of liberty the Founding Fathers established the peoples right to decide what does and does not happen in our country. It is time those who will act decide to do so.

The excuses can be left out, because there is none, never will be so hold them as they mean nothing.

There is no excuse for allowing this to happen on our watch, but it can be corrected. We the people can make it happen, for the people, by the people.

I can't stress it enough, how valuable it is that every one who wishes to make this right, take the moment and learn what it is our Founding Fathers set forth. Because it will be that which saves us, it is that which was created to do such. Study the Charters of Freedom, and use them as the Fathers intended them to be. As I have stated many threads and posts before, they are our most essential tool for making this right once again. I refuse to allow them to have died in vain, hence why I constantly remind every one here about them and the Charters.

Once again I will offer a study of our freedom, and how it was meant to be. See this for what it was, and can be if action is not hesitated.

You say that it is what you want, prove it, to your self and to our future.

What kind of nation do you want your children to inherit? What kind of nation do you know they deserve? I know our future deserves the best, and it is not the one that this government will leave them. It will be the one the people make for them.

Below is a suggestion for better understanding key histories surrounding the most outspoken of our former presidents (please see link, I'm not saying Franklin was president, I refer to Jefferson, if one would follow the link this would be known) . One who firmly believed in government by the people, for the people.

The Sovereignty of the People
The purpose of government is to enable the people of a nation to live in safety and happiness. Government exists for the interests of the governed, not for the governors. As Benjamin Franklin wrote, "In free governments the rulers are the servants and the people their superiors and sovereigns." The ultimate powers in a society, therefore, rest in the people themselves, and they should exercise those powers, either directly or through representatives, in every way they are competent and that is practicable.

The Spirit of Resistance

Let it be known, those who knew, tried.

United we Stand, The Rest Is, Not An Option!

[edit to clarify quoted text]

[edit on 28-11-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well said, Advisor. I do have some questions, though.

If TPTB control all our options/resources for righting the wrongs, what exactly are we to do? How would we set about righting the wrongs?

I can assure you that writing letters to your congressman does nothing but get you a perfunctory reply that says something like: thank you for taking the time to share your views.

Right now we still have the internet but the action of other countries has shown us that sites deemed inappropriate by TPTB will be blocked which could happen here in Amerika at any time. What are the practical applications of options available to us? What ARE the options available to us?

I value your opinion and look forward to your response.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
internet is only a tool. people coordinated b4 it. passive resistance works. when u get mistreated, make a stink. i make a stink about once a semester when im not allowed to express my opinions strongly on my college campus. they pull me in threaten to kick me out and realize they have no case aganst me. . I garner support amongst other students when a professor and i butt heads. it works about 40% of the time *better than 0* i've yelled at cops and sid go stop crime dont bust a social gathering and he told me to stay in line and id say for what expressing opinion to a public servant? at a drinking party ( i was over 21 and blew a .08 sober and they said u better not leave i said i was legal i could do whatever i wantede to and theres no charges. they called me tough guy and talked # but i outwitted them and put them in thier place and said u can take the first swing im non violent, but im a legal blackbelt so i probly can take u. my friends, espeically females, were scared. education, example and resistance of injustice. im protesting tomorrow the fed iin philly wooo!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Pfff, I already know from local experience that it's going to be very hard to get people to rally together.

Even if you "wake people up" it is SO hard to get people to let go of those divisive issues.

We have got to, as a country, be willing to give some leeways on issues like abortion, gun control, gay marraige, public school sex ed, ect. BEFORE we come together.

I worked on the Ron Paul a little bit here, and one of the frustrating things I saw was a handful of people who were otherwise gung ho about him, and would hav voted for him, but would not because he stated that he wanted to leavea bortion bans up to the states isntead of enact another ban.

Even if we all manage to come together and sing kumbaya, then grab our pitchforks, we have got to let go ofstupid holdups like that, or nothing will ever get done.

Edit: Not to imply that pro-lifers are stupid, at all, I just think it is a very foolish thing to vote or not vote for a candidated based on one issue.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
although i commend the statement,and im not even american but similiar things need to be done here in the uk.You are punching a brick wall,its easy to get lost and think people are really understanding how the world operates when on ATS...step into the real world and people really dont care as long as they can fill their cars with petrol,watch tv and eat food...Give the populace bread and circus and they care not what government does...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I couldn't have said it better myself advisor. As long as the masses can have their beer and watch thier sports, it doesn't matter if they get raped by the IRS and the income tax, it doesn't matter if they squeezed even more due to inflation, it doesn't matter if they have to give up rights to be "safe". All that matters are their creature comforts.

Not a knock on beer or sports, but it amazes me how people can recite stats at the drop of a hat, but know next to nothing about where "their candidate" stands on the issues. As more and more things happen and are going to happen, more and more people are going to get even angrier.

I honestly don't see how this country, if not world, can go on much further in the current system. We fought off tyranny once and I can only hope that we have the fortitude to do it again. The first revolution wasn't won in a day and this one wont' be either.

I'm going to love this end the fed rally tomorrow, it's like firing a shot across the bow. Our voices will be heard.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Advisor, I am with you all the way here. I have watched at what is happening in our Country and I have strong feelings about taking our Country back. At one time, I too, wrote letters, made calls to Congressmen, etc. but to NO AVAIL. I see how our Country has been sold out from under our feet by greed for the almighty dollar and how our rights are slowly but surely being eroded away. The masses unfortunately, are either unwittingly ignorant or believe they are "powerless" to do anything about it so bow their heads and go about their business. One day they may wake up to see that a whole new day has arrived in America but I won't be one of them.

Here is my take: I am strong and I am passionate about my Country even though as a Nation we have made our fair share of mistakes, as all countries have. But I love America and what she stands for! Even with all our problems, we are still the best country to live in - in the entire world!

To think otherwise and to still live here while partaking of what we have is fullblown traitorous.

I see what is happening here in America and in my heart, I refuse to bow down to any of this. I am not stupid, however. I do not post all my thoughts, I do not argue with others who don't agree and I do not share all my plans. I realize there is strength in numbers - in alignment with like-minded others and we will have to do this in order to survive and to win against the evil insideousness that has perpertrated our Nation.

We have to become United again in purpose and belief, as in, "In God We Trust" and "United We Stand" to save OUR COUNTRY. We can be "diversified in UNITY" as in, "ONE NATION UNDER GOD".

We have gotten too far away from what made us strong and in the interim we have lost our way as a Nation. This left us open to what we see now. Karmically, we brought this upon ourselves. Not as a punishment but as the perpetrators of our own undoing. (The law of cause and effect is still operational even if one doesn't believe in it's existence!).

I have no interest in living a life that is not "free". Call it what you will but a network of like-minded individuals, who are strong, moral, ethical and spiritually principled - which is what our founding fathers were when they founded this great Country, is how we can and will take back our Country and make it strong again.

I would like to introduce (to those who have not heard of this) an inspiring Vision by the Father of Our Country, George Washington. This is filed in the Library of Congress of America. He was a spiritual man as were all our founding fathers. Our greatest strength lies in that we were and are founded on spiritual principles. This is a great blessing for us as a country. Reading George Washington's Vision for America will give you strength and hope for our future if you love this country, as it did me when I read it.

God bless America!!

www.propheticroundtable.org...

*(Be aware that Snopes and other similar sites are not above having their own political agendas as does the Liberal Media).

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The Revolution has already started.

You'll not see it or hear it. You are be separated from it by the most intensive system of censorship and information management ever devised - This system was deployed against YOU, the Citizens and Freemen of America - you are the target.

Even now American Men and Women are engaged in combat against de facto government forces - most of them will die. You'll not see it or hear it.

Not on the News. Not on the web. Battles don't last long.

You can't trust what you Read. You can't believe what you hear. An act of heroism can made a lunacy, and monsters be shown as men. Nothing is what it seems. Not anymore.

This media does not reflect the reality of things; but shows it to us, as through a mirror darkly;

Name the one word you haven't heard spoken on TV. Revolution!??

As I said, You'll not hear it or see it, not unless it is a controlled release (ex. "I, Celente, predict a revolution... a few years from now and only if..." - NLP
)

Land of the Free: A story about how the first day of the New American Revolution might unfold

Part 1:

Part 2

[edit on 22-11-2008 by TruthTellist]

[edit on 22-11-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Advisor,

While I can see what you are saying, and admit to the fact that my frustrations have been illustrated here on numerous occasions, I still see a hope for a resolution, not a revolution.

What I'm seeing isn't so much a loss of rights and liberties, but a loss of the illusion of that which we thought we had to begin with. To get angry at the situation we find ourselves in is quite natural, and even warranted, but before action can be taken, an enemy has to be identified. An effort needs to be made to identify individuals responsible for the actions perpetrated against us, and then WE The People would need to see to it that action is taken upon those responsible. But that's not what I think is going on..

What I see is that we're being brought to a level equal with that of the rest of the planet, in every possible way, so that uniformity can be brought to the forefront. We all preach about being one being, of one mind, and one purpose, peace. Yet, at the very same time, we continue to hold onto these antiquated ideals of individual identity and national pride, when we should be focused on the "no one left behind" ideology. We need to pull from the back of the proverbial class, and bring them all to the front, making them the focus of our attention; which I think is exactly what is happening.

I want it stated here that while I feel VERY adamant about my freedoms, and feel as though they are being slowly degraded, I must admit that, if giving a few away initially to garner the rest of the world into the same understanding that we all have, then I'm willing to make that temporary sacrifice.

Should we not get them back, along with those that we help inheriting them, THEN I think is the time to take action, regardless of what it entails, to bring about justice.

As a patriot, I feel it also necessary to state here that while what I've said thusfar seems completely anti-american, it's actually what helped to make us what we are. We are, after all, a "melting pot" of all of the world's peoples. Why wouldn't we want the whole world to join us in understanding.

All that I'm saying here is, that there is perhaps a method to the apparent madness that we see on the news everyday.

I stand beside you brother, regardless of my seeming juxtaposed views.

TheBorg

Edited for clarity.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The Borg, that was a well thought out and articulate reply. For a moment there I had my hand over my heart pledging allegiance to the NWO.

As much as I would like to believe that TPTB have the best interests of the world's citizens in mind, verifiable evidence to the contrary keeps rearing it's ugly head.

Also, the premise (which is an assumed one, btw) in your level-headed reply was that the people would have the OPTION of reclaiming what had been usurped from them if they willingly sacrificed the bird now resting in their hand for the promised 2 in the global bush.

I would gladly share what few comforts/luxuries I have (and have frequently done so) in order to improve the lot of my fellow man if it would truly improve his lot.

Such fool-hearty plans such as raising my taxes (lowering my standard of living) to pay for some crack head to keep cranking out kids that die of neglect/abuse is not an improvement, imho. Digging wells in Ethiopia and sending shipments of food without providing birth control is a little counterproductive as well.

The people who implement these noble ideas for global improvement mismanage resources on a global scale.

Implying that we all lay down our weapons and "play nice" sounds utopian but once I lay down my weapon as a goodwill gesture then I'm relying on faith that the guy still holding his weapon will not kill me. Once I realize he's tricked me, it's a little too late to take him to task for his deception.

Ideaologies are what divide people and until the entire world can agree on at least a basic set of standards or common value system then we will never be united.

A proactive stance is the wiser course of action to my way of thinking. A pre-emptive stance may even be required. If you see an enemy who has publically declared their intention to kill you and engraved their intention in stone in several languages; who has already bought your coffin; who is currently devising the implements of your destruction and so on, do you develop a "wait and see" attitude while they catch you unawares or do you take action to save yourself?

I have zero desire to be brought to the level of the rest of the world. I would like the rest of the world to take that $700 billion dollars and have a pint, compliments of the American taxpayer, instead of killing each other with it. I would like the CIA, FBI, DEA, NSA to learn how to jointly spell out something other than "sad i can fib, e(h)?

The entire world does not share our dream of global reconciliation which is why half of it is at war with the other half. The only thing a central power will achieve is forced compliance with the goals and plans of the central power. Maybe I lack vision but I can't see that as ever having a good outcome for anyone other than the central ruling power.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Listen Up, these criminals have our sons and daughters and right now they are in a foreign land... if you want to start something, wait till my son is on our soil. and then do what ever you want... these jerk wads have been planning this crap since Kennedy days maybe even before... what ever they have in mind - well I cant believe an American would want to live under Communism - marxism or any other ism other than Americanism... and these lies about 911 that is the official story, well I dont know what to think about that, many here have produced creditable evidence that suggest something is not right.
I do advocate a revolution, but it must be a total cleaning... glasnose if you like... if not then a decapitation of all leadership followed by polygraphing employees with 2 or more years service.... "Have you served the citizens of this nation with Honor and Honesty" I anticipate this coming about not by the use of power but by the American People just stop everything until we have the citizens agenda namely our rights and liberties and the guilty prosecuted... now what do you think of this proposal.... they have our kids hostage... and you want to start some crap... hummmm

[edit on 22-11-2008 by BornPatriot]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by asala]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The actions we must take in order to restore our country may be more then some can bare to witness. We may have to enter our next Civil War. Protest is just the start. At this point if the government did take notice to protest and wanted to 'soothe' the masses, would you even trust the lies they cant stop telling? Sadly the only way to know that we have made a change for sure would be a total change of guard. All politicians would have to be replaced with commoners not born and bread to work the political sector and who have no ties to the monsters of big business. A new bill that makes accepting campaign contributions from any big businesses illegal may help to ensure that the government goes back to work for those it should have been working for all along, the American PEOPLE. Next there would have to be no more SECRETS. The military would be the only acception to this rule as our enemies would still need to be in the dark as much as possible. But if we were able to regain control over our government then we would inherintly gain control over its puppets and the military falls into that category. In order to restore this nation we very well may have to take these actions. It would temporarily set us back on every front from, technology, economy, to you name it. But as we have seen with our own eyes, allowing an entity like the government that is all too often immune to the laws it writes (often without consent of the people it is supposed to serve) it is no different then the Big three auto makers. It is a broken template of management. It is for lack of a better term; corrupt to the very core. I have often used this quote from Mark Twain here at ATS, but his words are true in my heart, and I believe he wrote them to inspire people of all the generations that followed him to never forget that we have a duty to this country that we can not ignore or sit on the sidelines and hope someone else does it for us. I leave you with it;

"In a republic, who is 'The Country?' Is it the government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the government is merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its perrogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is patriot and who isnt. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Who then is 'The Country?' Is it the newspaper? Is it the pulpit? Why these are mere parts of the country, not the whole of it; they have not command, they have only thier little share in the command. In a monarchy, the King and his family are the country; in a republic, it is the common voice of the people, each of you, for himself, by himself and on his own responsibility, must speak. It is a solemn and weighty responsibility, and not lightly to be flung aside at the bullying of the pulpit, press, government, or the empty catchphrases of politicians. Each must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, and which course is patriotic and which isnt. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may. If you alone of all the nation decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have done your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

To which were you referring? Could you narrow it down a bit for us? Thanks ever so much.

You're obviously passionate about the subject but polite discussions usually accomplish more in the way of education and enlightenment than do ranting tirades.

As for "having our sons and daughters" on their soil...they didn't send for them, ya know. It's not like they came over here and kidnapped them. Our sons and daughters volunteered to serve this country assuming that their definition of service would be the same as that of the ones sending them to "serve". Technically, we're the trespassers and, if you also don't buy the official story of 911, we're the instigators that started this fight.

I empathize with all the families that have loved ones in the armed forces and sincerely hope that each and every one of them returns home safely.

Think of what a "total cleansing" would entail and what type of people would be carrying it out. I'd rather take my chances with the NWO, thanks.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by asala]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Removing powers like the cia, fbi, nsa, fed etc. will be one of your biggest challenges. Remember to have a 'plan' after the revolution for a drastically different system on every level. Otherwise you'll end up with exactly the same. People who think they can win and expect change by just attacking the politics, are truly ignorant.

I absolutely have no idea how to take on this huge challenge...cause walking to Washington carrying torches and shotguns won't help. Not paying you're taxes won't help cause they'll just lend it and have you pay it later. A private army to kill anyone involved won't work cause you'll have new puppets stand up. Anyone have any good idea's?..

Furthermore, the new 'leaders' will probably be corrupted by either the power itself or from the other corrupted webs in the world that will try to influence them.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by mortje]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The leviathan United States, that monster devouring our civilization, is in the throes of death. This is not a wish or a prediction, but a conclusion drawn from a broad look at the trends of history. What has happened around the world, nations states collapsing into centralized unions, markets outwitting planners, citizens rising up against government masters, can and will happen here at home.

However, it is my opinion that a majority of American's don't want liberty. Liberty is often a heavy burden on a man. We want government to be our daddy. "Make us your slaves, but feed us." It is good then, that it is not necessary to bring a majority into a comprehension of the freedom philosophy. It never was necessary. If it were, the cause of liberty would be utterly hopeless. If none were to have Liberty but those who understand what it is, there would never have been many free Men in the world.

It is a mistake to think we will see millions of Americans demanding freedom. Our streets will never run thick with patriots. Every significant movement in history has been led by one or just a few individuals with a small minority of energetic supporters.

Therefore, Americans had better pray that a set of real and moral men take responsibility for them and fight for individual liberty, personal responsibility and freedom from the arbitrary rule of evil men. Unfortunately, the current crop of “individuals with a small minority of energetic supporters” are the elite and evil men who mean to be masters. They wield the power of government and they will never willingly abandon it. They don’t only want you to relinquish your liberty, they want your soul. It will take a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. It will take the same courage our founding fathers used in their struggle for independence.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Two things. First I never signed anything saying I agree to the constitution. The one thing that Bush has said that makes sense is that it is just a piece of paper. I agree to alot of things in it but more than anything if I'm not hurting anyone leave me the hell alone. Second, OP, Ben Franklin was never president. He was a great man but not president. That doesn't mean he wasnt good enough to be. Maybe it means he was too good to be president. Before anyone starts screaming that Im a traitor take into account that I am an Eagle Scout, a Marine and that I'm 265 pounds with a scar over my right eye where barbed wire tore off my eyebrow and missing a couple teeth from bar fights. If you want to get insulting post your personal info and we can discuss things face to face like gentlemen.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

ill be the first to say it,,"they have taken away our rights ,with violence at times,mostly. its time to answer in kind,,whats wrong with all you people!(americans),you practicly lay down and die ,for them,in the wars we fight we actualy do,,its time to stand up and fight,i mean really fight,,whats it gona take ,,acctual guilotines,actual fema camps ,by that time it will be to late,,so im gonna say it,,burn them!,over throw this peice of lieing crap government.re-install the government our forfathers ment,,grab your pitch forks and rally ,run them out of town ,office, chase them down the street,,bail out,,they laugh at us as they count the blood and sweat of our backs

its time to fight,,ther is no other way,,let them find me,,ill fight!cant you all see ,they are driving us to extinction,and their machine is running out of controle,its time for a revolution,,yes they will call us terrorist,and insurgent,,but the second we win ,that will fall away,and we will be patriots,,and they can be exposed or their crimes,,and we will all see who the real terrorist where,,

but you wont,,i doubt if this reply even gets posted,,you all are scared,afraid they will come and break down your door and take you in the night,,come i say,,i have surounded myself with friends who know the truth and will also come out defending me, with force if they have to,,no black vans or copters!

like i said none of you will fight ,,becuse at the end of the day,as soon as your fingers leave the key board your one of the sheep,witnessing injustice and just watching,,your the same people who turn your naighbors in for what ever reason,,you'll still pay for the gass,you'll still take the ticket form the officer ,for nothing,,you'll let them talk to you any way they please,,and guantonimo will still exist ,with you saying nothing

so it dosnt matter ill be the only one really fighting ,with my fists ,my guns,my brains,,and any means i can, ill watch as you write ats compaining as they knock on your door to take you away to the death camp,,you'll be begging for someone else to save you!!!,all of you look for someone else to stand up ,,wait for another to win back you freedom,our forfathers didnt wait for another they fought for themselfs,,sheep sheep,,what will you do when they take you to sloughter?

the bottom line is"ITS TIME TO STAND UP AND FIGHT,I MEAN REALLY FIGHT,GUNS ,FISTS,KNIVES,BATS,BRICKS,,ITS TIME TO TEAR DOWN THIS GOVERNMENT WHO WANTS NOTHING MORE BUT TO SUBJUGATE US AND KILL US,,THEY WANT YOU DEAD,,WE NEED THEM DEAD!!!"

THERE I SAID IT!LETS SEE IF IT EVEN GETS POSTED,,OH AND GOVERNMENT IF YOUR LISTENING,,COME! GET! ME! I! DARE! YOU! (FINGER IN THE AIR TO YOU)

WHOS GONNA BE A REAL PATRIOT?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've posted similar thoughts on a couple of other threads. I invite anyone who is passionate about doing SOMETHING to U2U me. If you do, I'll suggest a practical plan of action.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

If that AZZhole you speak of is me, then perhaps you should listen up as well. Because my unit is redeploying to Iraq, this will be the second tour for many of us, and the first for our new guys. Within the next month an half, there will be thousands of troops rotating and mine is among them.

I've been to Iraq before, and watched my country fall apart even then. No one out side of the military will know how much it hurt to see our home falling apart while we fought for anothers.

There is no waiting, the longer we do so the worse it gets.

Every member of the Armed Forces swore an oath that we "will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same,".

It says "and domestic", which from many of my buddies see (including NCO's and Commissioned Officers), it as the biggest threat. While we prepare for war else where, who will take care of the one back here?

I've posted on that before, no further need for reiteration.

METACOMET

However, it is my opinion that a majority of American's don't want liberty. Liberty is often a heavy burden on a man. We want government to be our daddy. "Make us your slaves, but feed us."

To that let me leave you with this reply;
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

[edit to add reply]

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by ADVISOR

i doubt if this reply even gets posted,,you all are scared,

Doubt not, some have faced fear and death, there is nothing to be scared of but fear itself.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm so very glad that you posted that last message about how officers and NCOs in the army are aware that there are domestic enemies who are trying to destroy the country from above. If the officers and solders, who will be ordered to enforce Martial Law, refuse to do so, than WE THE PEOPLE will have won this contest. Just think if a battalion of M1 tanks lined up with their cannon pointed at the White House, Pentagon and let's not forget the Vice President's residence. If average civilians are willing to stand and fight, then how much more likely is it that trained and armed military people will find the courage to say NO to illegal orders that will likely include; summary arrest and detention, torture, and perhaps even firing on unarmed civilians. Before you leave for your next tour in Iraq, I urge you to talk with fellow officers and NCO's and get them to do the same as far as reaching a consensus that should Martial Law be declared(even if it's called something else) that they will protect civilians even against their own superiors if necessary. God bless you for your willingness to stand up and be counted and may God bring you back home safely.

I also agree with the post about how revolutions are started by a highly motivated minority historically speaking. We don't need everyone to join in, just enough to outnumber the police, blackwater goons and those members of the national guard and army who will blindly follow any order no matter how depraved it may be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join