It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spirit of Resistance- An American Civil Revolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Advisor,

First, thank you for your service and sacrifice.

There are many kinds of power. Violence and force may be the least of them all. Imagine the power wielded if every voter in the US were to write a letter to all our leaders, mailed on the same day with our demands? No Army, no Government, could stand up to that power.

One of the things holding us back are those among us with childish minds, who think violence will fix things. The Adolescent Anarchists and the Code Pinks led by obvious psychotics are holding us back as surely as if they were on the PTB's payroll. People see that behavior and want nothing to do with such ridiculous nonsense. Most fear them more than they do our Government.

Until those of us who recognize whats going on, get our own house in order, the general population will never listen. As long as they see these messages being carried by these crazies, we will never see the general populous wake up.

As long as the Prison Planet crowd is seen to be the source, no positive change will ever come about and yet they have the loudest voice. If there is such a thing as an Dis-info-Agent, it is them. Those who yell the loudest are the most guilty it always seems. They don't want positive change; they want to replace those in power with themselves and would lord over us in the same way. When I imagine someone like Jones in power, I figure I'd better learn to walk like a goose.

As long as the Truthers and the Jones crowd have the microphone, the message will never reach the right ears. People will not listen too or follow fanatics in a cause. They are the PTB's best friends.

In my time, the Ayer's of this world had nothing to do with ending Vietnam. It was those who remained peaceful and maintained credibility that caused change; without violence. When people saw that the protesters were peaceful and the authorities were violent thugs, it turned the tide of public opinion. This generation has embraced violence as it tool. The needed change won't come until that reverses.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I for one am fed up. I am a 1946 born baby boomer and I am waking up. I am retired now and understand how screwed us Americans have become. I call it economic treason when our congress lets corporations go over seas with no limits. I believe in free trade and yes some corporations may need to go over sease for survival. But our congress could of stopped some of it by limiting how much business these corporation take over seas. Congress has never had any problem limiting your 401K or figuring out how much tax you are going to pay.

How about the insurance companies - I had no idea that if I moved to another state that I had to take a physical to keep and stay with the same health insurance company. You show higher blood pressure - they don't have to renew your health insurance. Now why in # doesn't congress step in and stop that kind fleecing of us Americans - do we hear the word lobbiest?

Congress has been stinking up this country for years and everyone just wants thier TV and beer and to be left alone, unless of course it effects them - then they may complain to thier senator or congressman LOL - what a joke. It is getting serious and most people are just not aware of it yet.

Can you believe what has happened in the stock market?. The housing melt down market should not be any surprize to congress - they let crap fly them in the early 90's and did nothing about so now it is pay back time for all of us.

What I would like to know is - why can't we just fire them all and start over. They have screwed up everything they touched and still are. Some of them are felons and some of them could'nt run a cool aid stand. Voting is a joke - there has to be faster and easier way of cleaning thier house out.

God help our helpless asses

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I could not disagree with you more! Those 'adolescent anarchists and Prison planet fanatics' that you refer to are sincerely and deeply angry patriots who, like me, are fed up with being sheeple! Could a few of them be disinfo agents? Sure. So could you! I'm tired of being a sheep. The PTB are counting on us to continue to be sheep or as I described us in another post on another thread, the lobster that's being gradually cooked in a pot of water that's slowly boiling.

The determined minority that triggered the American revolution, didn't demonstrate, they didn't march in front of the King's representative in North America, they took action. They brought the whole conflict to a head, drew a line in the sand and dared the british to cross it. Similarly, those of us who feel that the time for protests and letter campaigns has come and gone, need to organize and co-opt those members of the military, especially junior officers and NCOs, who take their oath to defend the Constitution seriously, to our side so that they can't be or won't allow themselves to be used against us. I hope we won't be pushed with our backs to the wall where the only way out is with lethal force. If the military stands with the people and sends the PTB the message that the military will not obey them, then WE THE PEOPLE have won and this could happen without a shot being fired at all.

Having said that, I think the military would have to arrest all the traitors regardless of how high up they are, arrange for a new President to be sworn in according the the Constitution's line of succession with a new set of congressional and presidential elections lined up. And to really clean house they would need to clean up Homeland Security, the NSA, CIA and FBI as well. As a side comment, I sincerely think that the whole world would be a lot safer if everyone got rid of the insidious intelligence agencies who corrupt everything they touch.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I guess I owe you guys an apology, I must have mis read a thread,

and thats just it ... the change we wont is our country back. so basically -
I return all laws that have been put on the books since say 1945. to be re-reviewed. I think our problems began when Isreal became a state. but you know that cant be true, because we are always at war, ??

I expect a war will result from slavery charges will be leveled at England and Isreal and we will be in conflict with them over the financial systems... I care not who writes the laws as long as I print the money, Lord Rothchild. Regan said, not one cent of income tax goes to any government function... >>>>??? and the 16th ammendment appears to have not been ratified the states legislatures and the lower courts are putting people in jail over something that looks like is illegal. ah, were do I sign up...

[edit on 22-11-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There is, and never will be a revolution. Ever.
And if there was, who ever you were revolting against, weather it be the Bush's or Obama's, the result would be the same. You would lose. Simple as that. They would hunt, impression, torture and kill you before you even fire a single shot.

Would you like to know why?
Because they are bigger then you. You throw a rock, they throw a bolder. You throw a grenade, they throw a Nuke. They have tanks, guns and missiles that could wipe the states off the map. Besides even if you people did gather the balls necessary to even consider taking action you would dissolve within weeks.

Would you like to know why?
A revolution takes, organization, man power, fire power, and hell of lot of nerve. When you say "REVOLUTION!" I bet you see an adventure, were everything is like the movies, and you down the "EVIL GOVERNMENTzzzz" within an hour. It's not like. People die, limps are lost and when it's all said and done, no matter the out come things will be exactly the same, maybe worse. Even if you do win you will become the thing you hate the most.
So to warp things up. There will never be a revolution. Ever.
Have nice thanks giving

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Nice post, but everything is set up as it should be structure wise, and we wouldn't want to damage that, so I'm thinking only extreme public pressure, applied by the common folks, needs to be applied to make the politicians, from local judges all the way up to the president of the U.S, do what we want.

So I'm thinking, what would extreme public pressure be exactly? I would say that humiliation/embarrassment tactics would likely work because thinking one is going to sit around a table and be able to politely discuss an important situation, won't happen. Common folks are viewed as peices of sh*t by the elite in charge - they play em' like they care about em' but they have a sincere disdain for them. An "elite' doesn't have the time to sit at the table with a common person, and just like one person said in a pevious post, something to the effect of, one writes to their congress person, they get a computer generated thank you blah, blah, blah, letter. They don't pay attention to common folk who don't own homes, they rent instead, don't own business's, they're the workers for the business's. So we have to make them pay attention. How do we do that?

Well, this is the scene that I picture as far as public humiliation goes. One is standing in front of their city's court house with a bull horn quoting some profound statements some of our founding father's made, maybe even what was originally quoted here in the OP by Benjamin Franklin and then comparing it to how judges and cops treat the citizens in their community and abroad. Like someone could say into the bull horn something like, "Benjamin Franklin once said, In free governments the rulers are the servants and the people their superiors and sovereigns." and then say something to the effect of, "I know many of you coming out of court today experieced your judges acting like they were not your public servant, that you were instead their servant and slave. I know many of you experienced rudeness from your judge, that they acted and spoke to you as if your life didn't really matter to them, or they wouldn't address or even hear your concerns, maybe your judge spoke down to you. Then go on to say, I am here today to publicly demand that the judges and police officers at this public court of ours act like the public servants that they are supposed to be. I demand that they smile at every citizen they come across today, I demand some encouragement be given to every common citizen that walks into the court house by the servant Judges and police officers today and every day. You will shape up and YOU WILL RESPECT US. We are YOUR BOSSES. THEY ARE NOT OUR BOSSES. AGAIN, ALL CITIZENS DEMAND RESPECT AND COURTEOUSNESS FROM YOU SERVANT JUDGES AND POLICE OFFICERS."

You would have to have the cameras there - probably a good idea to have someone who knows how to professionally film, but don't depend on your local news station airing it fairly - they'd likely turn it around to make the person doing it look like a lunatic. Then just put the footage online and spread it around - this way the amaturers have control.

Tons of people could do this in every city across our nation. People are usually real pissed and emotions are high any way when they go to court and to be seeing something like this go down, before they went in to face the judge at traffic court or which ever, would lift their spirits, speak what is in their hearts for them, and put a huge smile of amazement on their faces. Likey they would tell their friends & maybe they would be bold enough to want to do it themselves.

One downside would be the risk of being dragged away and held in jail and possibly having to make bond. Many of us can't afford to pay it and it would be great to have a fund for people who do this so we can bail each other out of jail. Also, one would have to think of lost work days if they are to be held longer, so one would need the funds possibly to make up for lost work days.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Great thread ADVISOR, S+F.

I'll stand with you to defend our freedoms.

It's true what A said we have stop this partisan bickering between ourselves to ever stand up and take our freedoms back.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I my opinion a "revolution" for a better change will be possible only when a good part of a country population will find difficult to feed his children.

Until then the minority that already understood where the real problem is will remain so, a minority with little power (the only real power people have is numbers, nothing else).

I'm afraid that some kind of revolution is coming, dark times are approching and the possibility that more and more people in our rich countries will find difficult, or even impossible, to feed their children will come, then maybe a social uprising against the monsters that rule our countries will give them what they deserve.

Until then it's only words...

Good luck to everyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The printing press has long been the symbol for mans freedom of speech. Prior to its inception, books and ideas had to be spread through hand copying from one book to the next or thorough verbal communication. Without the existence of the printing press, the American Revolution may have never taken place. Newspapers were a vital part of colonial life. In a society where communication between the 13 colonies was not only hard but discouraged, they provided the only means of spreading news other than by mere hearsay. This importance was recognized during the years preceding the War for Independence, both Colonists and British rulers employed the press to spread Ideas and propaganda among the people.
There were many key writers and printers who contributed to the patriot cause before during and after the American revolution. One such man was Isaiah Thomas who is considered one of the foremost printers of the revolution and early national period. Thomas was in close contact with revolutionary leaders in Massachusetts and used his press to support their activities. His Print shop is often Called "The Forge of Sedition" Because according to some reports it served as a general meeting place for patriots to plan out there acts of rebellion. Although Thomas was a conventional printer of Boston's Spy Newspaper, Delivered three times a week with a circulation of over 3,500. He also would print hand bills at night for The Sons of Liberty. A secret society credited with the Boston Tea Party and other acts of sedition. Prior to the Revolution the demand for printed newspapers greatly increased. In 1775 more copies of newspapers were sold then were printed in all of New England in 1754, showing a need for information. Newspapers such as the Pennsylvania Gazette became the mouthpiece for such early revolutionaries as Benjamin Franklin who contributed many anonymous articles stirring the minds and souls of men. The printing press was also used by patriots to print pamphlets to support the cause. Colonists such as James Otis who printed "Rights of the British Colonies and John Dickinson who printed "Farmers Letters" were highly influential in persuading the public to join the patriot cause. The most famous of all the patriotic pamphlets written by Thomas Paine was "Common Sense", written in the fall of 1776 it was one of the very first pamphlets to introduce freedom to the Colonists. It is said that over a half million copies were produced. Today because of these great men who risked there lives to print words of freedom we are able to have the liberty we hold sacred.
Now 232 years after declaring our independance from an opressive tyrant we find ourselves once again under the thumb of yet another tyranny. A tyranny that cloaks itself under the guise of being dedicated to freedom while passing laws that point more in the direction of fascisim. A tyranny that effects all of us great and small and goes against the very fabric of our free nation. This is not the chatter of anti government conspiratorial thinkers anymore but rather the worries of the common citizen. We are constantly insulted by a system that cares not for the common man and shows its disdain for freedom by passing the Patriot Act, an act so obviously anti freedom that to call it "The Patriot Act" is a slap in the face, A Government that has attacked the second amendment time and time again and disregarded its meaning and use as if it were a blight on the constitution, A Government that does not enforce its border policies, A Government that has suspended Posse Commitatus, the very law that prohibits the United States Military from Policing the citizens of the united states, A Government that cares more about the corporate intrest then the Citizens it has Sworn to protect. As we sit back and watch our country turning more and more each day from the constitutional government we fought so hard for I ask, are you happy? Are you happy with your government? Are you happy with the staus quo? Are you happy knowing your children may not enjoy the same world that you did? Do you wan't change? Change can truly come if you wan't it enough. It has to start with you. It is time to take action and to arm ourselves with information. We must reject the modern headline news media and look beyond it to the real story on the back pages. We must look to the ghosts of our forefathers and resurrect the spirit of the printing press, Not just upon the printed paper but upon everything and anything. Together we can spread the truth and act as true patriots in these times of darkness
God bless us all,
Captain Daniel Roe- The Sons of Liberty

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'd love to believe that we the people would lead the revolution to take back our government and have it the way it should be BUT convincing a nation that our government is one thing then getting people off their butts to fix it is another. People these days are too worried about their personal lives to look up once an a while. We live in a nation where the majority of the people have their heads stuck up their asses while their leaders do whatever the hell they want, pardon my language. I want to help lead the revolution but how do I do it w/out being called a crazy mofo and stepped on by society? See? Also I'm still just in high school so I need to get a general education. Times like these I wish I was older.
I actually can't recite the pledge of allegiance anymore because of what's been brought to my attention.

[edit on 11/22/08 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Star and Flag for you ADVISOR.

You know, there is a way to begin the process of organizing a Revolt in force against the PTB, however, the laws that exist today have made such a organization, let alone discussion, a treasonable offense, one that will imprison you and even send you to your appointed death by the PTB.

HOW does one begin to commit to something like this, let alone organize it, without being rounded up and slaughtered immediately?

I have an idea about how to first implement such a Revolution, to begin it peacefully. Anyone here remember the Million Man March that the Black Community organized and implemented on Washington?

Lets get the word out, organize as many Americans as are willing to March to Washington, and create the 100 Million Man March - with American citizens demanding justice and reform to the government and it's policies!

We need an organization created to get the word out, one that will be true to it's foundation, and then organize as many Americans as possible; men, woman, and children, to march on Washington with our message. Unions can help. Politicians can help. Media can help. Minority organizations can help. Militia organizations can help. Fraternities and Sororities can help. Colleges can help. And if possible, even local law enforcement can help.

Lets log jam the streets of Washington D.C. with Fire Trucks, Police Cars, Ambulances, PeterBuilts, Mac Trucks, FedEX Vans, UPS Vans, Taxi Cabs, PizzaHut Delivery cars (don't forget to bring the pizza lol !), Pepsi Trucks, Coca Cola Trucks, 7-UP Trucks, Mobile Cranes, Tractor Trailers, Back Hoes, Skip Loaders, Dump Trucks, Bull Dozers, SkyJack ForkLifts, BudWeisser Trucks, Miller Trucks, and Personal Vehicles.

Getting something like this to happen is possible, leaving the log jam aside, the people can still agree to march and follow through, because like us they are all angry and scared.

They are frustrated and some even hopeless, which leads to becoming helpless. RIGHT NOW WE ARE NOT HELPLESS - let's begin to prevent that with action folks.

Get the organization started, get the pledges listed, get the movement prepared, and lets get a date set to MARCH ON WASHINGTON !

Rally the people, and the power will be given back to us from the usurper's hands!

[edit on 23-11-2008 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
All nice and dandy but how do you see the change happening?

The excuse that in the civil war it took only 10-15percent of people to change the ways things are isn't true for this time of age. Right now there is such an information net above us that a small number won't cut it.

People are way to caught up in their every day routine to pay attention to this before it's too late. Getting people aware through mass media won't help, unless you pull a 'V for Vendetta'-stunt.

It's an international game right now, as soon as the heat gets too hot, they'll get their private planes, rest a few decades on some island and start infiltrating again.

Solutions, that's what we need.

Remember, they have hightech communications/weapons, so coming with 'historical' solutions like marches and barricades won't help unless like 50% of the people do it. If I was one of 'them' and I'd see 0.3 percent(1million) of the population walking to some city, I'd laugh.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by mortje]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There are militia and homegrown terrorist groups forming inside the United States. Martial Law will be inneffective against the citizens through use of Military because many soldiers will join with the citizenry. This is why our government has so many troops allocated overseas and is spreading war. This allows for a less formidable resistence at home. The DHS has a special trained force in detaining people and protecting assets against the American public. They are brainwashed early to be ready to fight against Americans. The second and more Militaristic force will be Blackwater's use inside the USA. A private top secret organization that not even congress can ask questions about. Blackwater is untouchable and another version of the Nazi SS. They are unnacountable to anyone but the person or persons who contract them. Blackwater is expanding at enormous rates including opening offices all over the United States by 2010. They are expected to contract more then 200,000 ready soldiers by 2010 and what's worse is many of them are UN soldiers retired or international in origin. Making Americans no different then foriegn fighters. The detainment facilities are all private aswell. Making it unaccessible to congressional oversight. This is the trifecta and how Hitler pulled it off. It is NO DOUBT happening here in the US. We have 3 - 6 months before all hell breaks lose. All of this is manufactered. Even the financial crisis. Yes 9-11 was an inside job. Nuclear war will break out and America will be invaded by a foriegn land. UFOs exist but there is also a great deception that will take place in Israel. Many will be deceived, even those who think they are in the know because the deception and magic will be so great! Gather your food and water while you still can. Non perishable only and keep about a year worth of supplies if you have the funds. God bless.

My words come in truth. Every single thing I have stated is truth. Let it be known to you like you know the alphabet.

-red spills out of black
-murder the citizens
-submit or die
-starvation
-Holocaust
-Death, Hades, Satan
-Conscioussness under attack
-Locusts, Alien, Haunting, 1,000 hiroshimas
-Crash, dust, dark, fear
-Earth shake, shift, spin, fly
-All who remain on the ground _____\|/
-This is all planned
-Left behind, space, survived
-God, wanted to be like
-New Earth

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

so it seems the government is trying to push our limits and they use the media to control us...when they do something they know we won't like they spin it..

basically i am ready for any kind of revolution that frees us from corrupt governments..

big pharma must find causes instead of just treating illness......the fed reserve needs to be banished....the fda needs to ban all preservitives/chemicals/etc. in our food....the big car companies either start making hybrid cars or be banished...

we need the stuff in nesara and we need the release of the alien free energy technology.

namaste'

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That's why I suggested a 100 million man march - one third of our country's population. Do you think that a third of this country will rise?

yeah, I know...

But here's another thing to remember. The Revolutionary War didn't have the communication technology we have today, so getting 100 million people to rise may actually be possible... and those that are informed may choose to revolt in this manner first - to let them know that the vote IS NOT the peoples choice, but that of the elites, and therefore Washington will see a united country, and begin to understand some things.

Organizing a march in this fashion too will generate information on who will rise, so that that contact data can be utilised in the future if need be. A database of that nature would have to be sacred however, and not fall into the wrong hands.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

"I just think it is a very foolish thing to vote or not vote for a candidate based on one issue. "

The only way you will ever find a candidate that you have 100% agreement with, is to run yourself. But then, if you are wise, you will still doubt one or two of your candidate's positions!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
That's why I suggested a 100 million man march - one third of our country's population.

Startling or frightening the people who have the means, ability and will to blow you to kingdom come is never a good idea.

If there's 100 million people in this country willing to risk their very lives when they don't have to, I'd like to meet 5 of them. (soldiers are excluded since they knew there was risk when they signed up plus most of ours are out of country ATM)

This generation is not the same as the people who went through the depression of '29 or WWII. Our generation was raised with it's feet propped up in front of the TV; drinking swill and eating pretzels. Getting people to voluntarily go hungry, be cold, sleep on the hard ground for extended periods of time, etc. is next to impossible. I have a hard enough time trying to find people willing to go camping for a weekend.

I intend to not let Washington know I exist except as another cog in the wheel. I certainly am not going to march up to their front door and wait to see how itchy their trigger finger is.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Getting people to voluntarily go hungry, be cold, sleep on the hard ground for extended periods of time, etc. is next to impossible.

I think the only way this will happen is if these things occur involuntarily.
And the way things are going it won't be long until enough people are in fact going hungry, cold, and sleeping on the hard ground.

But I do agree the current generation is one of instant gratification, and entitlement. The "material" world we live in must disappear before people will see a reason to fight for something.

If the PTB are driving this, i must say they are doing it very well. The everyday joe is being foreclosed and put out on the street, while his hard earned tax dollars are being hand delivered from his pockets straight into the bank accounts of the powered elite, for them to engage in continued over-the-top bonus structures and swag filled champaign and limosine parties, and it's being broadcast on the national news just to rub it your face.

If this does not cause a revolution, I don't know what will

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If you want to organize an effective revolt, might I suggest simply not voting in the next election?

Personally, I've never bothered voting, and I often wonder what would happen if a significant percentage of people suddenly did likewise. Surely that would be a terribly visible sign of non-faith in the system.

Why don't I vote?
If you tell me I get to choose my leader only from among a few people who have been pre-selected by corporations, and then tell me that this equals freedom, choice, and a government by the people, I laugh at you.

The top campaign contributors in the last election were Goldman Sachs & Merrill Lynch, for Obama and Mccain, respectively.

Sure, we have the final decision; but to be a candidate in the first place, you first need to be chosen by the corporations. When someone else determines your available options, is that truly any kind of choice? Ask yourself if Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs could possibly have such differing interests in the country's direction -- or if, by the time the decision is passed to us, someone with their mutual best interests in mind is already guaranteed to win.

Another scenario I think about is, what if a mass write-in vote were organized? Ie., everyone decided on some specific word (not a person's name) as a write-in candidate, in protest of the system?

Picture this hypothetically: CNN reports that "An Internet campaign was successful in getting millions of voters across the country to vote for [insert word here] as a write-in candidate, in what the movement describes as a demonstration of discontent with how far away the United States government has gotten from being 'by the people and for the people'."

You want to send a message to your government? This is probably the best way. Letters to your congressman can go unnoticed or unreported, but our votes are part of the system, and are not likely to be ignored en-masse.

PS, Anyone who hasn't seen "Zeitgeist, the Movie" yet should do so. Anyone interested in the topic of this thread will find it interesting and important. It's distributed freely via torrents and Google Video.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by equazcion]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
That's why I suggested a 100 million man march - one third of our country's population.

Startling or frightening the people who have the means, ability and will to blow you to kingdom come is never a good idea.

If there's 100 million people in this country willing to risk their very lives when they don't have to, I'd like to meet 5 of them. (soldiers are excluded since they knew there was risk when they signed up plus most of ours are out of country ATM)

This generation is not the same as the people who went through the depression of '29 or WWII. Our generation was raised with it's feet propped up in front of the TV; drinking swill and eating pretzels. Getting people to voluntarily go hungry, be cold, sleep on the hard ground for extended periods of time, etc. is next to impossible. I have a hard enough time trying to find people willing to go camping for a weekend.

I intend to not let Washington know I exist except as another cog in the wheel. I certainly am not going to march up to their front door and wait to see how itchy their trigger finger is.

WOW...

If it were up to folks like you, America would never have been created.

And now that people's blood has been spilled to create this country, with the Constitution of the United States of America firmly celebrated by most of this planet as being a document well renouned for it's justice, it's liberty, and it's focus - it's folks like this - who claim to deny ignorance that are willing to wallow in it. YES, it takes COURAGE to make a stand.

I'm tired of self pity, tired of ignorant folks with their ideology from under a rock, tired of acceptance, tired of hope - I WANT TO SEE RESULTS...

"if you want something done right one must do it yourself".

Remember the Chinese student who stood in front of the tank in Tienneman Square - the one that got run over? Would they have run that student over if there were 1000 people in front of it next to him? Was he some idiot who just wanted to commit suicide? NO - but a Chinese patriot who was willing to sacrifice his life to show the PTB that he wasn't scared to stand up - in Communist China of all places.

Did Washington come out and start pistol whipping Black People when the Million Man March took place?

NO...

Did it make a difference? We now have a person who will become our next president that's Black - pretty cool, huh?

No... If we do have a 100 Million Man March, I don't think folks will sit down, and I don't think the PTB will start shooting. I think that representatives of a movement like this will have the power to negotiate terms however...

On the business of something like this, who is willing to petition people in places of influence to begin this process? Who has the connections? Who is willing to stand up?

come on - WHO HERE GIVES A DAMN?!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join