It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unkown big cat? video nov in ky

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
hello i live in eastern kentucky we have lots of sightings of big cats/black panthers etc .i have been trying to catch on with tree cams for awhile..i caught this the other day.im not quite sure what it is it doesnt get its whole body in frame.i put another video up showing my dog at the same location to try if possible to give idea of the size,but its not in the exact same camera angle.if you pause the video or play it slow you can see it a little better .any ideas comments i would be thankfull for

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Interesting, but there simply too little of the animal visible to make a competent guess. Anything that bookends the clip that may be of use? The behavior of the animal seems that it sees something and then darts away. Prey items? Hunters?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Let me first start off by saying that hs looks like a dog. i think it's canine in nature becuase of the shape of the head.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well the only images of this creature are some of it's nose and lower mouth features. Then a slight glimpse of it's ear. It's features are only on the screen from 0:01 to about 0:03, so not really much to go on..

mouth/nose

During the few seconds that it's mouth is on the screen, it looks as though it's licking, or eating something.

and it's ear

It doesn't really resemble what I would think to be that of a large wild cats. And I don't know if I've ever seen a dogs ear like that. It seems to resemble the ear of a deer more than anything. That be my best guess.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by Forest]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
Interesting, but there simply too little of the animal visible to make a competent guess. Anything that bookends the clip that may be of use? The behavior of the animal seems that it sees something and then darts away. Prey items? Hunters?
the camera i set up for 5 or 6 days had around 130 videos on it but ,i forgot to set the time on the camera so i had 100+ videos that was pitch black because the camera thought it was daylight so it was very dissapointing ..the animal was not seen in in of the other videos you can see where something is moving off to the side in the video before but even less can be seen .what scared it off im not sure nobody should be hunting in this area it is family owned land . and anyone would be seen making there way up to it.the only other animals shown in the other videos were deer and a squirel(sp)..i am going to put the cameras back next week in the same location and try again ..thanks for the reply

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forest
Well the only images of this creature are some of it's nose and lower mouth features. Then a slight glimpse of it's ear. It's features are only on the screen from 0:01 to about 0:03, so not really much to go on..

mouth/nose

During the few seconds that it's mouth is on the screen, it looks as though it's licking, or eating something.

and it's ear

It doesn't really resemble what I would think to be that of a large wild cats. And I don't know if I've ever seen a dogs ear like that. It seems to resemble the ear of a deer more than anything. That be my best guess.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by Forest]
inside the tree i put a pack of old hot dogs ( i didnt have very good bait at the house) which when i came back the pack was outside the tree near where this animal is at but none of the hotdogs were eaten .there was also a pile of corn laid out also that is not visible...to me the face looks like a big cat ..the ear i noticed that ,that is what through me off ..thank you for your reply

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Looks like some kind of dog. The ear does look like a deer's ear a bit...
Looks like a type of dog, don't remember the name though.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This is definitely a cat, not doubt about it. This could not be a dog. Dogs do not have a head or ears like in the video. The only dog that it even remotely resembles is a hyena. Beyond that, there is too little of the cat seen to judge its species. Given that it occurred in Kentucky, there is a good possibility that it its a bobcat. However, it is an odd looking bobcat. I hope there will be more pictures or video of this animal.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Its a deer, You can see by the way its mouth is moving that its chewing its cud.
Also the shot of the ear gives it away as shown by an earlier poster.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by massie20000

Panthers are moving in an eastern direction. They have been found in Illinois, so Kentucky isn't that far off. I while back (in the 1970s) my family would camp in Land Between the Lakes and there were many sightings of mountain lions back then.

Remember, the cougar used to roam throughout the entire North American continent until they were hunted to extinction in the east. They are just making a comeback.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Looks like a dog to me. The dynamic mouth motions also imply canine. Dogs with cropped ears can have that shape (especially long show crops, like Great Danes)

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Interesting video~! To me, it looks like a dog, I thought the 'ear' was its tail.

Since we are Kentuckians, I will have to say it MAY be a wildcat!

Seriously, I am thinking canine.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
As a poster has already said, it's a deer.
There's no mystery to it, what so ever.
It is quite clearly a deer to anyone whose ever been to a zoo, a petting zoo, shot one, seen one on the high way, or in the woods- Or on television.

I can't comprehend how anyone ever made the mistake of thinking it was anything other than a deer.

But just to clarify, because Lord knows someone will say that is not a deer, and bring up a bunch of BS points- Here are some pictures.

It's a deer
Still a deer
POSSIBLE GIANT CAT?!?!111
Clearly a group of large predatory cats

And, as for a comparisson
Bobcat
Panther
Tiger

And get rid of the wolf/dog theory
Wolf
Coyote
Fox

This is case closed- The animal in question, is a deer.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Dewm0nster]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Although as I have stated big cats are already in Kentucky, I do believe the video is that of a dear. The ear gives it away. Mountain lions do try to stay away from anything that smells of man, but they do get sighted every so often.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm ignorant with game cams, so please tell me, is this how they always look? Because this looks really fake to me, especially the 'ear'.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This video is a great example of how different people see different things. It's a deer.
Gar-own-teed...100% positive...stake my life on it.
Yet, people are seeing pumas, panthers and dogs.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here is a comparison photo of a rare black deer.

Notice the longer, narrower snout of the deer compared to the short, blunt snout of the animal in the video.

It's clearly a dog such as a Black Lab showing its tail as it departs. The appendage at the end is too big to be an ear.

Also, notice the black deer is entirely black from its muzzle to its ears. The "ear" in the video is lighter in color than the black face and muzzle. This is consistent with a multi-colored dog, not an all-black deer.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by eaglewingz]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
As a poster has already said, it's a deer.
There's no mystery to it, what so ever.
It is quite clearly a deer to anyone whose ever been to a zoo, a petting zoo, shot one, seen one on the high way, or in the woods- Or on television.

I can't comprehend how anyone ever made the mistake of thinking it was anything other than a deer.

But just to clarify, because Lord knows someone will say that is not a deer, and bring up a bunch of BS points- Here are some pictures.

It's a deer
Still a deer
POSSIBLE GIANT CAT?!?!111
Clearly a group of large predatory cats

And, as for a comparisson
Bobcat
Panther
Tiger

And get rid of the wolf/dog theory
Wolf
Coyote
Fox

This is case closed- The animal in question, is a deer.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Dewm0nster]
so you think its a deer i guess?.........the "ear" i can understand how someone can think its a deer .but the other part i cant see how anyone sees a deer,but the whole point of this post was to see what ppl thought it was .i did enjoy all your photos .

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
I'm ignorant with game cams, so please tell me, is this how they always look? Because this looks really fake to me, especially the 'ear'.
most of the game cams ive used do not take vids in great quality.picture wise most are pretty good as long as there high enough megpixels..alot of videos you take usually it is very easy to tell what you got a picture of though but where this went so fast makes it hard.if its daylight or using in infrared also makes a difference

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What a tricky bugger, be it dog, cat, deer or homeless guy (homeless guys LOVE hotdogs!)

To the OP, I'd say keep the camera there and maybe throw a steak or something similar to attract it, then we'll find out EXACTLY what it is.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join