It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the ego strokeing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Its seems everyday now, a new thread pops up and gives members the oppertunity to stroke their owns egos...

The arrogence is astounding...

in the past, we didn't have a daily thread to stroke our egos in...

But, maybe this is just the New ATS way....

Everyone wants to go around making nice comments about themselves...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Maybe it's time people grow up...just my thought...

PS...I rule

PPS....I'm lying...I don't rule

-Kyo

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Do you ever stop complaining?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Who's doing the ego stroking here? Sounds to me like you need to grow the hell up and quit complaining about every little thing.

So what if some of the members want to have a little fun with each other? No one is forcing you to read the thread or the posts here in...

[edit on 15-11-2008 by shadow_bandit51]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Have you been hanging around BTS enough? We like those kinds of threads......they're fun and we're all about the love.

What I get tired of are the weekly "why is there so much ego stroking" threads. No disrespect TKain

There are so many members here who contribute greatly to ATS/BTS, and I for one don't mind showing them a little appreciation, and if I really like them....a little stalking.

Rush

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Do you ever stop complaining?

Only when i sleep...

Otherwise... I am the watchdog...

Thank you for the nice complement...

I have never been one for public-gradification... Self-made, well deserved, or Affirmatively Actioned Orented.

Others need to be told that, "they are special', or 'are doing a realy good job'
or 'nice try'

Not everyone is a winner.
Not everyone is right
Not everyone knows what they are talking about

It's like people are in some weird drugged up state of hypnosis, and anytime they have someone say something nice to them, they just get all giddy.

And i KNOW not to go into and read those threads, thats why i came here... simple enough... i didn't want to interject any bad mojo into your guys 'feel good' thread...

I like BTS for the fun/simple stuff...

If i wanted to see self-pleaseing nonsense, i would just watch MSNBC...

Nothing against anyone who likes to participate in these threads...

You get me...

Im not a big fan of watching Wrestling on TV... but im not going to hate you if you like that kind of nonsense...

Kinda works the same way here...

You can be the pleasure-seeking Lap Dog

I will be the truth-seeking Watch Dog

There are reasons for both in the world...

Now i say... Good Day...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Can you give some examples of this?

What I hate are the ones who unashamedly suck up to some others. It's like they are campaigning to be mods or something. It's almost disgusting.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There are those that jsobecky speaks of and everyone can see them from a mile away. I'm not really sure of what their intentions are.. but nobody is having the wool pulled over their eyes. However, what I find unfortunate is that anyone who offers praise to a fellow member, a staff member, or the board in general.. they typically get categorized in this group and are labeled a cheerleader. Sometimes it's as if that the only legitimate opinion is the one in opposition and that anyone who agrees is merely an "ATS cheerleader".

Those that are supportive are not necessarily completely gratuitous or acting in a self-serving manner. Sometimes it just feels good to say something nice to another person.

Let us control our cynicism and give everyone a fair shake.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

As with MSNBC, or even wrestling, no one is forcing you to watch, or in the case of these self congratulatory orgies you seem to so dislike, read. Really, what was the point of beginning this thread?

Watch dog? I thought that's what the mods were for? My bad...

If you know better than to go into these threads, why do they bother you so much?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
I like BTS for the fun/simple stuff...

And you're always welcome to stop by BTS and get a beer at DATS anytime, TKain.

Rush

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
oh, somebodies crabby. I like sucking up to my favorite peeps. That's how I roll. I like spreading praise and adoration... people need that, deserve that, appreciate that.. I do that in real life too. People definately know when seagrass likes them.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Love you seagrass....you're the best!

Rush

Couldn't resist, TKain....love you too!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_bandit51

Watch dog? I thought that's what the mods were for? My bad...

No no no...

The MODS are the LawGods...

I was going to type Lawdogs... but my fingers pushed the keys for LawGods... and well... i like that... so im keeping it...

To quote a Roman Orator whose name escapes me at the moment...

"Who Watches the Watchers..."

This wonderfully simple quote can bring SO much to the table...

and goes well with the times...

TO put it into a modern sense...
Who is watching over those that are SUPPOSED to be watching over the Fiscal budgeting in our US enconomy...

In other words... WHO IS WATCHING Hank Paulson...

Answer... no one... Thats how the greatest heist in HUMAN history happen in the last few months in the USA...

Because...

'Who watches the Watchers...'

jso... no... i will not give examples of this... cause that would violate the T&C...

Lastly...

As with MSNBC, or even wrestling, no one is forcing you to watch, or in the case of these self congratulatory orgies you seem to so dislike

This is true... i do not venture into these threads... i choose not to...
But to continue the TV anology...

Channel surfing is like moving from forum to forum on ATS...

On TV, when one program ends, you move on... and start changing the channels... and sometimes... you change it to a channel, and you see something so vial and disgusting, it just STICKS in your mind... You may have only seen it for a fraction of a second... but it was there, and you saw it... sometimes you see things that you wished you didn't... like 2 dudes making out on MTV...

You didn't really CHOOSE to see it... you just happen to come across it...

Now, on ATS, when you have read all the threads you want on a particular forum, you move on... and just like on TV, you are skimming thru the other options... sometimes you are going to read things you wish you didn't

You know what im talking about... what kind of thread titles you just WISH you hadn't seen... Threads like:
The Holocuast is a Fake
Santa is real
The earth is Flat

So thats that...

Now WHY did I start this thread...
Cause i was bored, and every Thread on BTS Chit Chat was some variation of ego-stroking...

Im big BTS fan...
With all the (Blank) going on, on this planet... sometimes i just need to cool off, and get participate in some threads that are less focused on the issues of our earth, but more on the general randomness of life...

I go to BTS to expand on the General Randomness of life...
Not to stroke egos...

But everyone is diffrent...

Im not going to hold anything against people that PARTICIPATE in these kinds of threads... partly because i have no idea who IS participating in these threads, other then the OP and the Last Poster...

rush... you know i love beer... but having an E-Beer... well... thats kinda like Cyber-sex...

Kinda pointless... never-ending in self-incrimination...

This is just the new direction of ATS...

I think i've made my point...

And i appreciate ANY replys you give...

Esspecialy when they are critical...

I would rather be friends with an Honest-(Blank)hole, then a Nice Liar...

But thats just me...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
But you see, I look at BTS not as a way to feel better about myself or have my "ego stroked", but just to get to know the other members, form some relationships and have fun.

ATS brings me down sometimes, I have enough drama in my own home. Is anything ever settled there? Are answers ever found?

I'll keep doing what I'm doing and inviting as many new members as I have time to do to stop by BTS and have a little fun.

Rush

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I agree, chissler, there are many times when mods do something that never receives the positive attention it warrants. And there are those who will label any applause for a mod as boot-licking. Those situations are unfortunate and unavoidable.

I probably shouldn't have brought it up.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Where do i line up for this EGO(

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Wtfs wrong with my posts?It ate most of the above so i had to edit and than it came out HUGE like my.........ummmmm EGO

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Where do i line up for this EGO(

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It chopped my first post again!!!!

Angry face

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Don't you see what you're doing wrong? It's some combo of using the " < " along with the word " big " in your post.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by jsobecky]

join