It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the really Conspiracy ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Ok, Its time for me to go to sleep! I hope to speak to you again and thanks for your input,
Now the thought is in your head maybe you will see what I mean or maybe you are right
and I m looking to deep into it, as I do sometimes!( I still think i m right by the way)
Good night!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
That is why there is a comment/complaint feature, for members to notify staff of derailment and or non contributing post/replies.

It is very true that there are way more threads than staff can monitor. Even with the influx of new mods, the spread of members to staff is 2081.51 to 1. That is staff not all staff moderate the forums, as they have administrative duties attend to. I just included the to bolster our numbers.

Also it is obvious not all staff (mod types) are going to be online at the same time, so the odds are even higher. We can not read every post in every thread, not any more, I remember those days, they are long gone.

With ATS getting more and more members, it is next to impossable to keep up. That is why we need you as members to help us out, by informing us via the comment/complaints feature.

That will bring thread issues up on our radar a heck of a lot sooner, and then we can resolve any occurances.

I'm glad this thread was created, hopefully it will serve an awareness initiative for the community to see where they can do their part by bringing events to the attention of staff so we can deal with them.

One last note, a topic doesn't have to get completely off topic before being passed on to us, preventive maintainence is prefered, and if members can alert us to potential issues before they get out of hand it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for being thoughtful enough to raise this concern. I hope the majority see it can take the lesson with into be learned.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
the fact of the matter is most threads end up sabotaged is because they are stupid.

AMEN to THAT Tesla...............
The sad thing is the stupid threads attract stupid comments and it just keeps building up on top of the last poster until you feel like a your a total MORON for even reading them.

I would say......choose your threads wisely.

IMHO the MOST OFTEN bombarded threads seem to be based on some type of religious subject, as 2 different belief systems clash and argue.

Everyone seems to ~KNOW~ they are right and people hate to think they are wrong so they FIGHT to play 'King of Bunker Hill'

I WOULD agree that the political threads WERE bombarded from outside
(of ATS) forces, as both political parties knowingly PAY bloggers to spam the internet with the specific ideology they want to spread.....So IN FACT many of those threads have replys on them from people who otherwise would NOT be on ATS.......they truly DID have an agenda.............. & I am SO GLAD the election is over.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho
MAYBE a secret government agency of 13 year olds have been given free reign to bring down the net?

I tend to believe your theory.

There seem to be some people who would argue that 2+2=4, even if you posted a math lesson to teach them better, just for the sake of arguement.

There are some people who are either incredibly dumb, insanely obstinate, trolling for anything to disagree on, or being paid to drive us crazy.

Just brush them off and enjoy finding ways to point out their ignorance, make it like a game. "make the cointelpro/psyop agent quit his job" no game puts a bigger smile on my face after a long day.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
When I did my degree, during a mathematics lecture we were told that

2+2=5

for small values of 5 and large values of 2

But enough of going off topic.

Around the time of the election there was sudden influx of new people and most of these posts seem to be written by them. They are quite easy to spot as they have joined in the last month and have less than 100 points.

I hope that these people will either settle down and fit in, or just get bored and leave.

There are also board wars and groups of trolls that pick on forums, perhaps there is an element of that too?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

When you send an ALERT at the bottom it says

We encourage members to alert us to posts that might be a potential problem. However, please be aware that this feature is intended for flagrant violations of our Terms & Conditions such as trouble makers, insults, inappropriate content, and potential copyright violations. This feature is not intended to alert staff to minor issues like 1-liner or off-topic posts.

(emphasis mine)

The trouble is that many of these threads are derailed by a series of 1-liners and off topic posts.

I think also there can be a problem with visibility. I may complain about a post and nothing happen because the mods may consider it to be too minor. I can accept this; but the trouble is it maybe the fifth thread that I have read with this same person doing the same thing.

So we could have an alert button on their profile! Oh no that wouldn't work either. I say something which unintentionally upsets a large group of people, then they will all complain about me. The mods see all the complaints and it could be a knee jerk reaction.

I think the best idea is that mods are paid $1 for every post alert

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Lightchild, Do you think this group of members are a team,so to speak
or is it just when they see it going on in a thread they stick around and join in?

[edit on 15/11/08 by freemindmine]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

I don't know, but what about these possibilites.

It could be that they are part of either an organised or loose team, either controlled centrally or just a group of like minded people working together.

or

They are like minded and are just attracted to certain threads.

or

Possibly one person could write a reply and u2u or email their friends and say look at this, these people are sooo dumb and I just educated them and then their friends join in.

or

People are friends and they have a mutual agreement to back on another up, even if they don't quite agree; like politicians do.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
My own motivation for posting from a sceptical pov is that i find a lot of the educational, useful and important topics hidden in amongst paranoid nonesense.

We are all on a journey to educate ourselves the best we can, and to do that we need a reliable, high quality source. So it concerns me a little when i see some ridiculous and potentially dangerous beliefs gathering momentum, because no good can come of them.

Im interestd in what the OP said about people speaking in code, could you give some examples of that?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Man_Versus_AntiMan

By code I ment in a way that I could'nt understand the point of the post and they aim it at the opening post, Like it sometimes, its so off topic, and I think they are just having a laugh with the OP, so i wondered if they are meaning to take the thread down.

Sorry if you thought I ment some secret code!

Edit to add: After looking back at my OP. it did come across like I was saying secret codes were being said to the OP, I really ment just crazy post and they were off the topic about the OP.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What I have noticed an insurge of lately are people who claim that ATS is dangerous and driving "weakminded" people insane, or to suicide.

I was wondering if some new outside attack tactic was trying to set up some kind of deal where a 12 year old has a breakdown so they are suing the site for liabiity or something.

Then I realized that would never work because the people that run this site are smarter than that so I let it go............

top topics

<< 1   >>

join