It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the really Conspiracy ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't know if its just me, but over the last few months, I have seen many threads been taken over by members
who seem to want to sabatarge them.
And the MODs let it go for a while, Almost untill the thread is dead.
I'm just starting to look into this and I m not saying the mods are meaning to do this(at least not yet!)
In some thread there are some members who are even talking to the op in some kind of code(maybe they just nuts).
I read it and sometimes wonder what the hell they are on about and if the member of the OP has any idea?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

After all this is a consiracy site.

[edit on 14/11/08 by freemindmine]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think there seems to be some groups of friends who all agree with one another and it can almost seem like gangs.

If it's your own thread which is derailed then it can seem worse than it is.

Also there are so many posts and so few mods.

Perhaps you need to collect some examples?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Has nobody got anything to say on this?
I thought I would at the least be told not to be so daft. I even thought at least a few may have noticed something, after all this is just a forum, is it not? Or are we scared to speak out on things like this?
Do you know something that I dont?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Thanks for you thoughts lightchild, I have just started looking into this and you are right about getting some info on it, but I have to say it's never happend to my threads( they never get that many replys!)

If there's no reply to this then maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
another ATS conspiracy thread. look the fact of the matter is most threads end up sabotaged is because they are stupid.

we have enough doomsday threads as it is we dont need more.

or do you think what happened with the GFL thread was good?

that thread got over 300 pages in a week. it was insane. that thread should have been closed. and it wasnt. some threads just need to go.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but i have noticed an increasing number of people who seem to be vigorously defending the "establishment" for lack of a better word. I have only been a member for a short while, but i have been observing for a some time. It just seems as though people are increasingly getting on here to tell us everything is a-o-k, and then tell us that we are wrong and to shut up. Then others will gang up and pretty much disregard what anyone else has to say. That's not to say i don't find things over the top some time, but i normally just stay away when that happens.

Once again, not sure if it's relevant or not, just an observation.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I was talking about all diffrent kinds of threads like this one
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What make you think I was taling about GFL threads or Doomsday threads?

If members really hate some threads and only want to end them,
Then why not stay out of them, as some members like them and want to talk about the OP?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

so your saying that because he doesnt agree with the OP he shouldnt be allowed to post?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You know I'm not saying that! What I am saying is that, If you have someting to talk about then do it,
But sometimes its like they take the piss or are more or less off the topic.
I have no problems with members disagreeing, After all thats what this is all about,
so we can cut throught the crap and find the truth, is it not?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

i dont disagree but some debates get very heated and occasionally they step outside the line. but as long as they dont attack each other and they stay along the parameter of the subject then its fair game.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dantrav

Then others will gang up and pretty much disregard what anyone else has to say

Thats a good point and it's some of what I'm trying to get at. It seem to me to be happening more and more.
I don't know if it's just me, but I hate a thread that ends up that way, if I agree with the OP or not.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yes, you are right, But they don't and thats what I'm getting at. Sometimes it's so bad that even when a good point of view gets posted, its torn to pieces or gets left behind.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

well those people share a common point and they want to express it. occasionally its the OPs fault for making a ridiculous thread. if they make a thread that reptilaisn work at wendys then they should expect to be attacked, beat, spit on, trampled and laughed at.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
On the topic of ATS as a conspiracy, COULD it be that ATS has got too big?

COULD it be that there are posts /threads that are too close to the truth?

have we been infiltrated to the extreme by dis-info agents

MAYBE a secret government agency of 13 year olds have been given free reign to bring down the net?

or MAYBE some people are so extreme and stuck in their views that the possibility that they are wrong is just unthinkable

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

lmao. yep its definitely the youngsters corrupting our minds.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I think you are missing the point or are wanting too.
I am not just talking about all the crazy threads(to most Non ATSer all threads would be crazy!).

To say

then they should expect to be attacked, beat, spit on, trampled and laughed at.

I don't they should be, I think they should'nt be given the attention they long for.
Go and have a look at the link of the thread I posted above and then tell me what you think that was all about.
I dont know what was going on there.
Thats just one thread I am on about.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think what Tesla is getting at (correct me if I'm wrong) is that on this site if you are going to make posts on certain subjets you have to provide some sort of evidence to back up what you are saying.

Thats just the way it is, I agree some folks go too far, but i honestly believe that there are accounts used by certain people to incite this kind of backlash.

If it happens on one of your threads or any other ,and you feel it's not justified, make a post to get the thread back on track or find a mod you trust (not that there are any you shouldn't trust)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
well that proved my point. look at that thread. he is wondering if anyone is psychic. of course there will be people in the mix making fun of the people that are actually doing it. i found the whole thing ridiculous. it wasnt going to prove anything.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

I say again, It is not my threads I'm talking about
If it was, it's not a point of getting it back on track by making a good post,
When this happens no good post gets noticed and the thread just rolls on,
because by this time its too late and most member who enjoyed the thread have gone because its turned into a piss take.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

i was talking about the link you posted. and i agree with you that after a certain point people dont care what is written. but that happens to alot of big threads and its noones fault. staying on topic would help but again not after 10 pages or so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join