It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost in the Pantry (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My daughter and I just saw this video while browsing a sight we often visit. It is really creepy, and if it is a fake I would love to know how they did it. Let me know what you think.

Ghost Study

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Watcher777]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
LOL, ok, i do beleive in ghosts, but that was totally fake
Just some face and whatnot added in. Im not a video expert though so im not sure how they did it. But you can pretty much tell its not real by looking at it closely.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by DroolsAlot]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DroolsAlot

I am sure it is a fake, but it does give you the buggers watching it

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well, when the pantry door opens for the first time the person with the camera seems only interested in left side of the pantry. Never really looking at the right. Giving the 'person' inside a chance to hide against the right side of the wall. There is also a lot of natural, or edited in shadow, so that not only is the right corner non-viewable with the angle the door is in, but it's also shadowed.

The image of the person is probably from the person inside getting very close or pressing up against the glass. It looks like that shower glass (don't know the technical term for it), it kind of hides the person inside until they get really close to it or press up against the glass for the image to be recognizable.

When the person with the camera opens the pantry, it just seems they get either very close inside, or they point the camera very close inside. They are also much more interested in checking all the items on the shelves rather then to just open it and get a full view of the entire pantry. Which would give the 'person' inside a good chance to slip under the camera view and crawl out.

That's probably how I would do it. My opinion is that it's a total fake.

Near the end around 1:18 it seems like the camera is skipping from frame to frame. Or possibly some editing was done.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
yeah it is pretty cool lookin though, i love ghost stuff

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It is pretty cool .... a couple of things though.

1.) The initial door opening by unlatching ...that requires a twist of the knob to release the latch which you audibly can hear. No string/filaments are going to twist a knob. Nothing apparently out of the ordinary.

2.) The OP Films/records the dimensions of the left side of the pantry. The shelves are up to the inner part of the door frame. Looking at the shelves and contents, normal items, looks like 12" deep shelves. Not alot of room for anyone to hide at all.

3.) The way in which the face and hands appear in the glass was ... eerily too subtle in light intensity to be imaged by a camera/projector. Almost as if an image had been projected onto the glass but the way it faded in and then out made it look...paranormal.

4.) The OP opening of the pantry again shows the right hand side, with normal contents Advil, Oatmeal Container, etc. that gave you a scale of the pantry interior. Normal doors are 30", this was a 15" door as most pantrys are looking at the distance between doorknob and hinges, another reason as to why I feel it would be unlikely for someone to have hidden inside.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Very interesting.

I'm undecided on this clip for right now.

Unless they rigged some kind of trap door or side entrance in the wall, I'm not sure how they faked that.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
first time the person opens the pantry, they only show the left side. giving the opportunity for a small child to hide on the right.

They shut the door and back up, the child presses their face and hands on the privacy glass. the glass is designed to distort/hide anyone or anything behind the glass until they are at a close proximity. with the darkness of the room, it seems to fade in and out in a paranormal sense. (you can clearly see the child moving from the right side of the pantry before they press their hands and face into the glass)

The person waits a few seconds, (giving the child ample time to get on the ground ready to crawl out. They then open the door, the child crawls out while the camera is fixed on waist to eye level in the interior of the pantry. once the child scoots out, they pan down and to the right, showing you that there is enough room on the right side for the child to hide.

Even though its fake, its really well done and very creepy

EDIT: 2 more things I noticed. during the first few seconds, you can see the child's legs at the bottom of the glass. Also, if you listen closely after they shut the door, you can hear the child either dropping down or knocking something off the shelf.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Sliick]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You know guys, there is also video editing, it doesnt just have to be a hidden person.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
the camera was too shaky to edit the video and seem fluid like it is.

this is not the one line post you are looking for...
-waves hand-

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

You know when I first watched I also thought someone was in the pantry hiding, although the figure fades back into nothingness. They would have no room to step back away from the door so you could not see them. It has to be something with the camera.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Watcher777]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick

-waves hand-

Oh ok, I guess it must be a ghost then. Whatever dude, alot of people can edit alot of different stuff, the camera wasnt that shaky.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The figure stays in the glass as the door moves, but the figure doesn't change. My guess is the figure is pasted onto the window.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick

-waves hand-

Youd be surprised just how easy it is to fake this type of stuff. Here are three videos that through much debate has been determined were made by an amateur film maker.

They seem pretty real.They were discussed quite avidly right here on ATS. 20 pages for one thread, discussing the authenticity. It stumped people for a quite a while. It was finally revealed that the person who had these videos was a film maker. It was revealed how it was done too.

They remind me of the one in the OP. Excpet I think these three seem better done, Of course that is just my opinion.

These three videos are pretty nicely done and all fakes. youd be surprised just what type of things you can do now days to with video editing software.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I seen this video awhile back and i thought the same thing, because as you can see the first time the door opens it looks like the image stays on the door as it opens. But that doesn't explain the second time when it actually presses up against the glass. Another thing is the fact that there is no other videos with this alleged ghost in it, you would think that the person would investigate this further or at least get a paranormal research group to come in and check it out, especially a haunting that would produce something like that. So that definitely hurts the videos credibility no matter how real it looks.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Rocco21]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I heard the person who's ghost that is was bludgeoned to death with a package of Quaker Oats

Gotta love the way he snatches the door open after seeing the "apparition".

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
That's another thing, you would think he would be a little more reluctant to open the door, even the most seasoned ghost hunter would be reluctant after witnessing that.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I must say, that's one cooperative ghost

The whispered date shows that he just started filming. Within 15 seconds the "ghost" acts up.

Give me a break

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

those three were done really well, love the use of the dogs in the videos. and the op to me screams fake although well done.

new topics

top topics

join