It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS- Government controlled?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
According to the infamous JOHN LEAR ATS could be governement controlled.

Now i personally doubt it v.much but it would be an ideal way for the Bigwigs to know what the public are thinking.

ATS is by far the most popular conspiracy site on the net. And if it is indeed run by the government or by people (mods) posing as normal folk but working for them then that would be insane. Clever, wrong yet genius on their part.

It wouldnt bother me. We still get people posting amazing stuff. And as long as it educates and excites me im not bothered either way.

Anyone else heard this or agree with it?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If they are running this, I doubt they're finding it very useful. The number of 'conspiracies' on this board that are not supported by evidence is hilarious. It must be in the high 90%.

There really isn't anything fantastically controversial being discussed here. There is on occasion, like that CIA drug plane that crashed, but for everything else, I've not seen a single serious study on anything of a controversial nature in well over a year. Instead it's people asking how to get a Demon out of their kitchen or what Bigfoot's favourite pizza flavour is. Or why Ron Paul didn't win the election. Or chemtrails. Don't forget chemtrails.

Also bear in mind that boards like this tend to attract the more paranoid person. We also get our fair share of people exhibiting classic paranoid delusions. We don't represent "the public".

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Everything, to a degree, is goverment controlled.

For a blueprint look at goverment taxation.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yeah i suppose when you put it like that. I read a good one the other day, now i dont want to mock but someone was asking how to hunt demons because they believe thats what they are supposed to be doing. And as one reply read "You need to stop watching the tv show supernatural", it goes to show that there are some "odd" people on here.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

We were heavily sprayed by chemtrails twice in the past week. I live on an island in the Atlantic, they stick out like a sore thumb because it's easy for us to spot abnormal flight paths and to track abnormal cloud development. Plus you have numerous links to actual reports of admitted spraying. Some people not only fail to deny ignorance but they actually run towards it. You are doing this now regarding chemtrails, they have been real for years and are getting more common.

As for the thread topic, ATS may or may not be an intelligence op, I don't know. It is however contaminated by the same elitist driven memetic content as mass media. Note how just before the elections ATS had Obama and McCain forum links and pictures on the main page, supporting the false left/right paradigm of modern showbiz politics. In this sense ATS is fairly mainstream and won't admit the elections were one big scam, allowing itself to be herded along like everyone else.

But the actual content is user generated, and a lot of it, discarding some of the more imature (in actual age and knowledge) and some of the more radical (paranoid delusionals and mythomaniacs), is very intelligent and progressive, while at the same time accounting for the fact that things are not always what they seem.

ATS is changing minds, of that I am sure, and in a way which is out of control of the site owners. How long this will last or if this pleases the site owners I don't know.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

ATS is Government, nothing good here, we're all crazies.... but everyone keeps coming back every day...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Nah its not controlled by the government directly as in owned by it.
But isn't everything controlled by the government?

Your toilet is controlled by the government.
Your wife is, your kids are etc etc.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One idea was that MODS log in with "normal" USER ID's and write something with the intention to sway the general public.

I.e if someone says something that may sound outrageous or a load of crap and yet the MODS know it to be true, mocking and constant debunking efforts by the mods will be made.

I can see where he is coming from. I just found about 60% of what John Lear said really interesting. I had never heard of him before until i came across his name whilst searching for info on Area 51, then bob lazar came up and naturally then John Lear.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
SHHHHHH!, they can hear you. So what if they're listening. Are they looking for you. Do they even care about you? The real question is what in Heaven's name are they doing with all of the information? Billions of terabytes going.....where? Why? The power consumption and computing power necessary is preposterous. So why do they do it? To sell us stuff, of course. Why the hell else would a broke, lower middle class family buy a 40" Plasma TV that they couldn't afford?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by daxman
One idea was that MODS log in with "normal" USER ID's and write something with the intention to sway the general public.

I.e if someone says something that may sound outrageous or a load of crap and yet the MODS know it to be true, mocking and constant debunking efforts by the mods will be made.

I can see where he is coming from. I just found about 60% of what John Lear said really interesting. I had never heard of him before until i came across his name whilst searching for info on Area 51, then bob lazar came up and naturally then John Lear.

Ongoing Discussion on the Lear Accusiations HERE

See also Page 10 of the thread linked.

This one is closed.

new topics

top topics

join