It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow-up story: Mombasa Imam who confirmed Obama's birth place arrives in the UK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

To not up hold our constitution for fear of racial back lash is the prefect expression of "Reverse Racism". The concept that laws and conventions that were established without Racism being an issue (nothing about black Presidents in the constitution), then to caters to the demands of a specific "special interest" group, and what is left of our Democratic system is over.
If O'Bama is proven to not met the requirements for presidency, then this transcends racial barriers and addresses the fundamental issue of how and why our constitution was written.
Basically, if O'Bama doesnt met the candiacy requirements for Presidency and a constitutional ammendmant is made to change this law. Then the elections would have to be re-run to allow for other candidates who now ..in a free and equal society now have a constitutional right to run for the same office .. for example. Would O'Bama beat Schwartzenagger in a run off. How about influencial Indian candidates (Hindu) or Spanish who have the polictial and finanical clout to run for this office.
So when did fear of consequnces over ride doing the right thing.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente

It's an irrelevant clause in our Constitution.

Huh?

Well, tell the 50 or so injured vets I honored today at our local parade that their constitution is irrelevant and see how far that gets you.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
People are posting on here who have not been following the circumstances, or the other threads on here. BO is NOT the current president, and will not be unless he is sworn in in February. So the VP can NOT replace him, he is not president. It looks like perhaps Pelosi, or some other Communist Democrat would become president. If this is indeed decided in the courts that BO cannot be president, he will have perpetuated the greatest scam in history. Who says he isn't smart? Smart as a fox. If in fact he is decided to be nonAmerican, he would be removed from the Senate, his college degree could be removed, and he would be liable to go to prison, where I am certain he would be a very popular inmate. Then he would be deported. RIGHT NOW, the president can legally disband congress, and the supreme court, and set himself up as 'president' for life. It was a law passed under Reagan. I was rather surprised that Bent Billy didn't pull that over the computer scare in 2000. But remember, he only answers to the PTB, not us. And if they didn't want him to do that yet, he could not. Just like they would not allow Hillary to divorce the man they ordered her to marry. She had no choice, not 'poor Hillary'. This is according to info I have read on the Illuminuti.
BO, I like that anachronism, is according to one thread on here I read, related thru his white parent to 'W'. They all take care of 'family'. Interesting times.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Of course I agree with that.....If you think the rules should not apply to you...change them. Why the hell even make any laws to begin with if they are change to suit individual people and circumstances? This world and the inhabitants are going to #...

Wow... what ignorance.

Let's look at the times where we actually HAVE changed the rules which were made to begin with.

We freed the slaves
We gave African Americans the right to Vote
We gave Women the right to vote

And thats just a few of the ammendments...

Do you really think that the process of ammendments are wrong?

Wow... just wow...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The issue is ..do we follow the laws/rules of our constitution to make ALL mankind (Americans) (men , women, blacks. asians) equal? If O'bama truly does not met the requirements for the Presidency as everyone else who ran had to..then. All prospective candidates who meet the same requirements as O'bama, should then be given an opportunity to run for the office and give the voting poulation a right to choose.
To change the consitution for one person regardless of the issue.. race, gender, religous affiliation violates the intent of the constitution, and makes it null/void.
So I'm not against an amendment to the constitution but it must be applied equally to ALL Americans and not just "a person of color" _ I quote Michelle O'Bama there, so racists back off its not racism its democracy for all..

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Agreed, there is a process and it works. Especially for those cases that you have listed.

We are not ruled by a dicatator yet. The checks and balances placed by our founding fathers have worked great.

Unfortunately a lot of those checks and balances won't be in place in the near future. One party has control of the Executive and Legislative branches again. The vast majority of the Judicial branch sides with that party with a liberal view of the law.

The Republicans became drunk with power and spent their arses off when they controlled two branches. Can you imagine what is coming our way with all three branches in the back pocket of the left?

They may find some way to use this to their advantage to keep Obama in office. Delaying the whole matter in the courts might be one way for them to get away with this scam.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
No, I am not a American so I would not know. I have heard that when Obama takes office, the democrats would take FULL control of congress? (Something about the number of seats in Congress, compared with the Republics side.)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

No law is supposed to be above the supreme law which is our Constitution. It takes an Amendment and a whole bunch of b.s. to change that. What's sad is that they break these laws ALL the time, and no one really challenges them on it.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Kenya in 1961 was still a British colony (and did not become an independent nation until 1964) therefore Obama would hold British citizenship and not Kenyan citizenship.

Do I believe its true? Well, lets just say now that at least a dozen people have come forward claiming this; including members of Obama's Kenyan family and I dont see what reason they have to lie.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Congress (Legislative) writes the laws. They are and have been the majority for the last two years. Both the Senate and House of Representatives (Congress) had increases for the Democrat party.

Now the Executive branch has been won by a Democrat. Obama will sign at will any law pushed his way by his party and those that actually control that party. Obama is an empty suit with no experience at all and no control of his party. They pushed his pretty face and voice in front of the public to gain power and he will now be used to pass whatever they wish.

The left leaning nature of those laws will not be challenged in the courts because so many of the judges lean left also. Obama will also have a chance to now appoint left leaning judges to the Supreme Court should any conservative retire...... by any means.

A lot of power is now sitting with the Democrat party. So it will be very interesting to see if their man is removed from the office if he was born in Kenya.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by on_yur_6]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

Your comments are uncalled for and not welcome in that manner.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

This entire argument is wrought with frivolity. It's not about obeying a law, it's about maintaining a long established political order. It's about patricians vying for power, and using whatever means necessary to depose the only man deserving of that position; Obama won the election. This citizenship issue would not have affected his being voted in unless it were for the influence of the political upper-class, and by extension, their media, promulgating the importance of such a historic, and irrelevant clause in our Constitution. Everyone can at least agree on that; that this issue would not matter unless it were for those forces and factors, which would otherwise lead the greater public to believe so.

Amending such an important clause in the Constitution in no way sets a precedent for amending whatever clause does not fit our whim at any given moment. The amendment of this particular clause is both necessary and inevitable. Very few other clauses in this Constitution can be argued against due to their necessity and inevitability. This is the perfect opportunity to present such an amendment.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Thank You for the Information. It does seem like there is something iffy going on with the Republics.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Was already proposed in 2005-2006.

# To allow non-natural born citizens to become President if they have been a citizen for 20 years

www.usconstitution.net...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I did some shallow digging on finding out exactly what African International Press is.

First off, there is no other site for API, except one run through Word Press.com. Hovering over an 'African International Press" link you can see that it is supposed to take you to africanpress.com, but there is no such site.

So, I'm not really sure what to think about this blog site. I really think that is what we need to focus on before we just take them at their word.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by nunya13]

[edit on 11-11-2008 by nunya13]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

In concept the purpose of "voting" is having a choice of the viable options and choosing the best candidate.

If O'bama is allowed to be a viable candidate even though he was truly not born an American citizen..then...
The voting public has a consititutional right to choose from amoung the candiates..
If O'bama is a viable candidate even though he was not born an American citizen then others .Schwartznegger, and others should also be allowed to run for the Presidency.
Will we allow the change to apply to only one person because he is black and not others who are just as qualfied under the same conditions?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente
He won't be removed from office. He has already been elected. Even the Supreme Court's decision, based on this evidence, will be insufficient in doing so. It would be a breach of the division of powers. Congress will retroactively vote his citizenship into being. And that will be the end of it.

Not that it will matter, not only is Obama not in office, but Obama technically hasn't been elected President. The Electoral College on Dec. 15th will do that. What you voted for in November were the Electors to the college. And technically they are free to vote for whomever they want. So if a scenario developed where Obama was not eligible to be President, it would get really interesting.

And Congress couldn't just retroactively vote his citizenship into being. The Constitution is pretty clear of the requirements to be President.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Will we allow the change to apply to only one person because he is black and not others who are just as qualfied under the same conditions?

Why does everyone insist on providing a personal opinion, claiming that that is the opinion of the majority, and then arguing against it? You're arguing against a brick wall. There is no racial underpinning for any such decision if it should ever come to it. So what do you offer to this discussion?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join