It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to be charged with Genocide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The powers that will be have quite a few secret plans getting ready to be unleashed. This has been in the rumor mill for months, and some rumors have been getting quite specific. The fact is the Bush administration has declared war on "radical islam fundamentalists" . The term it self while to the lay person refers to terrorists, in the eyes of the justice system refers to a specific group of people determined by the religious beliefs they have.
The law prohibits targeting religion, and was written after the genocide of the Jews in WW2.

After Bush leaves office, he will be a civilian and can be charged with violations of the law.
The following is the law that Bush and his administration have violated.

U.S. Code; Chapter 50A;
Section § 1091. Genocide

(a) Basic Offense. - Whoever, whether in time of peace or in time of war, in a circumstance described in subsection (d) and with the specific intent to destroy, in whole or in substantial part, a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group as such.

(1) kills members of that group;
(2) causes serious bodily injury to members of that group;
(3) causes the permanent impairment of the mental faculties of members of the group through drugs, torture, or similar techniques;
(4) subjects the group to conditions of life that are intended to cause the physical destruction of the group in whole or in part;
(5) imposes measures intended to prevent births within the group; or
(6) transfers by force children of the group to another group; or attempts to do so,

shall be punished as provided in subsection (b0.

www.preventgenocide.org...

[edit on 9-11-2008 by robwerden]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/11/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

So.. what group of Americans did Bush decide to have killed?

50A 1091 deals with internal genocides, not external.

Unless I am severely mistaken, which I could be.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Hank I think he is talking about this: Bush could be executed for war crimes

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Much different than Genocide! That's for sure. It would be a much easier case to prove, but everyone here knows it will NEVER happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Never gonna happen. I know many would be overjoyed if Bush was tried for war crimes but the war was made legitimate by congress. I have heard this for so long now it is getting a little silly.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Agreed...it'll never happen. I dare say that a president will never be tried for any crime such as that, regardless of who it is. Nixon could very well have been the closest we'll ever get to that.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How many people do you think were dragged from their homes from with in the united states and tortured?

I guess we will have to wait and see. The facts will come out.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Try this:

(1) the offense is committed within the United States; or

(2) the alleged offender is a national of the United States (as defined in section 101 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101).

So unless Bush was secretly killing US citizens that also lie in this specified group, this case is dead. Try copy/paste on something relevant, it might help the topic

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
How many people do you think were dragged from their homes from with in the united states and tortured?

Probably more than a few, but you have to prove that the President of the United States hadknowledge of it, and I don't think it can be traced back to him.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Your pretty bright Hank... and Correct

Nothing will happen to Bush, no president will want that precedent set particularly if they are still involved in a war themself...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

I'm not arguing with you, man. I'm just saying that President Bush will never stand trial for any of the crimes he has committed.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The proof is there. It just needs to come out. The people in charge of the torture will talk. This is not the JFK or 911 cover up. This is a series of heavily documented events. The Bush administration took advice from legal council that they could torture. The advice was faulty. The documentation was heavily stacked to act as legal defense of Bush if he should ever get questioned on the legality of this. We already know torture has been admitted, now the paper trail needs to be linked to Bush.
After he is no longer President, everyone will role over on him claiming they were following orders.
I have no doubt the bury brigade is hard at work. I think though the facts will emerge and there will be enough heat put on Bush that the people will start to demand an investigation.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There are international laws which he's broken and will be charged with.
Remember the Geneva Convention and how Bush blatantly disregarded it ?!

This is exactly why Bush has already purchased his south american hideaway in Paraguay With diplomatic immunity I might add, as well as his own Army (Blackwater Mercenaries) purchased with our tax dollars.

Also why Cheney has already moved the Halliburtion HQ to Dubai from TX, where he also has established diplomatic immunity as well.

Interesting as well because when the Nukes begin to fly, S. America is supposed to remain untouched.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Never going to happen. There will be no physical evidence even if he did authorize something. Anyone who would rat him out will pull a vince foster.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What happens if he is arrested while traveling around the world one day? I think it's possible that he could be prosecuted for murder, treason and or war crimes. Our instinct is to defend the President and believe he is the most powerful leader in the world. Really? A guy is elected into office for 4-8 years and all the leaders of industry and government bow down to him? How long do you suppose that fantasy is going to last?

think about it

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
Agreed...it'll never happen. I dare say that a president will never be tried for any crime such as that, regardless of who it is. Nixon could very well have been the closest we'll ever get to that.

Yet the worst "atrocity" which President Nixon committed was in having some associates dig for dirt on the opposition. Wow, so extremely horrible, not like THAT does not happen everyday in Washington, now does it!?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden

Oh yeah, SO many Americans have been "tortured" by our Government, I almost forgot how many of my neighbors have been "Interrogated" through "Advanced Techniques". Are you even serious? Try living somewhere where the Government actually does as you have detailed, and then witness how suddenly you realize that nothing of the sort has ever, nor will ever occur in this Great Nation. You need a true lesson in Reality.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

The law states clearly that it is applicable if the "...offense is committed within the United States;

OR [emphasis mine]

(2) the alleged offender is a national of the United States"

The alleged offender IS Bush --a 'national of the United States'.

The OR is a big one and, in effect, does NOT limit the location of the said genocide if it is perpetrated by a national. The legal reason for wording it thusly is that a less precise language would seemingly give US Courts the power to kidnap nationals of other nations for genocides they perpetrate in their countries. Clearly --the court is interested in charging those who perpetrate genocide IN the US as well as nationals who perpetrate genocide ANYWHERE.

top topics

join