It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I kid you not: The entire protest... Ended up in a cage."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is someones account of how the Gay Marriage protest ended up, and what it can mean for America as a whole:

Quote from therantingsofmyhead.blogspot.com...

Originally the rally was to be from Balboa Park in San Diego, down to City Hall. Then it changed, since obviously you can't be allowed to protest out in the open where people aren't EXPECTING you to be there in the first place. No, the police must be notified of protesting, you need to organize legitimately or be cited for violations. And you must go where they tell you.

It changed to marching down University Avenue, closely monitored by police and security patrols, and was to be peaceful, orderly and tame.

Oh it was.

Granted, roughly 10,000 people ended up marching down University for nearly 30 blocks, but it was right through the heart of the gay neighborhoods in San Diego. You aren't going to be running into all that many people against your cause walking in an area of town, notifying people that are already on your side where you stand on the issue.

The rally ended before you even made it to any real major cross streets outside of the gay area.

It ended in a cage.

I kid you not, it ended in a cage.

The rally marched into a school playground, fenced in area.

They herded us into something that could easily be contained if it got out of hand by simply closing the gates on us.

Does no one realize the significance of this? It's absurd!

That's the way you want to end a protest?! By waking into a fenced in area?
The foreshadowing is immense.

All across the country we have camps set up by FEMA that are ready to hold millions of people. All for our "protection."

For more, read therantingsofmyhead.blogspot.com...

[edit on 9-11-2008 by cetta]

[edit on 9-11-2008 by cetta]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The blog is hilarious and sad. I do not agree with his reasons for protesting, ,but he is dead on about the implications of ending a protest by marching the protestors into a cage.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
In school, I'm always told "If you don't like something, use your rights to peaceful protest!" or something like that. But lets say the entire school staged a sit-in. Guess where we would all wind up? In a late night detention on Wensday.

It is a testament to show how corrupt of a soceity we really are: its said that the only way to change something is to do something about it: but in order to do something about it, we have to sign paperwork,and pay a few dollars. Were conforming to exactly what were fighting against. So the freedom to peaceful protest is a myth.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
thats it everyones EFFED. It has started get your crap together we're all in for a crazy ride. i suggest you all get a pair of wire snips to cerry in your pocket. Whos next? It starts with the qays and next it will be the million man march. whoever else wants to protest the gpv't. Pretty soon they will start locking the gates behind you!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The more unchecked PTB interference there is, there will come a day when protesters are herded into fenced off areas and detained for weeks on end or shot with mulchers.

It'll happen if people don't care!

It has happened before elsewhere, and it can happen here.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'd chalk your experience up to coincidence. Couldn't have been intentional. No way. Nothing to see here, folks, nothing at all. Keep your eyes closed. Move along quickly.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by DellGribble]

new topics

top topics

join