It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L. A. Guns Shell Mystery Aircraft! Object of Fire is Military Secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Mornin' Forumerions,

Here is another article describing one (if not the biggest) UFO event in history.

Army Officials Scoff At Reports 200 Planes Were Seen; Tracer Bullets Cause Damage

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 25.—(-Pi—Anti aircraft guns thundered over tha
metropolitan aiea early today for the first time in the war, but houig
later what they were shooting at remained a military secret.

An unidentified object moving slowly down the coast from Santa
Monica . . .

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Did you ever think this might be posted already? This has been discussed over and over and over again. If it is the biggest event in history maybe you should use the biggest button in history called SEARCH.

IS that your page you're just trying to advertise or what?

[edit on 6-11-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

More likely they were shelling nothing. Less than 3 months after Pearl Harbor the entire west coast was fully expecting an attack and on edge.

Here's a good account of the known facts and the military ass covering that followed the false alarm.
www.sfmuseum.org...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Thank you for posting that article. The L.A. UFO Incident is one of the most important and least researched cases in UFOdom. I hope there are more witnesses, but like Roswell, the march of time is against this case.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Good Day RAR,

Originally posted by rocksarerocks

Did you ever think this might be posted already? This has been discussed over and over and over again. If it is the biggest event in history maybe you should use the biggest button in history called SEARCH.

IS that your page you're just trying to advertise or what?

[edit on 6-11-2008 by rocksarerocks]

The "Battle of Los Angeles" of course has been discussed often here at ATS and elsewhere; however, to the best of my knowledge, "this article" with the headline, "Mystery Aircraft! Object of Fire is Military Secret" hasn't been.

If the discussion of BOLA, and or this article isn't palatable to you, then I suggest you option "not to participate."

My goal is to illuminate ATSer's and incite "intelligent" conversation; moreover, "The UFO Chronicles," which is a friend to "Above Top Secret" is read in over 130 countries and advertising isn't necessary, aside from the fact that "The UFO Chronicles" is nonprofit."

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Good Day Phage,

Originally posted by Phage

More likely they were shelling nothing. Less than 3 months after Pearl Harbor the entire west coast was fully expecting an attack and on edge.

Here's a good account of the known facts and the military ass covering that followed the false alarm.
www.sfmuseum.org...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Phage]

I'm afraid the Museum piece is "inaccurate" and is the "worst recount" of what happened that night so long ago.

The object in question was "intelligently" controlled, "huge, "moved "against" the wind, came in from the west, (moving in an easterly direction) and "returned" (in a westerly direction) from whence it came. Additionally, it was impervious to 3" anti-aircraft rounds, as it was hit repeatedly. Not only would a balloon not be able to survive such a barrage, no aircraft we had then "or now" would be able to either.

There were in fact "air planes in the sky" . . . they were ours.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
thanks for posting this Frank

keep'em coming and pay no attention to the negatives on here

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't realize the L.A. Guns got back together.
I thought they broke up in the early 80's.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I certainly have not seen this article before, This as others have said is one of the most important UFO stories ever, as time moves forward, the chances of getting to the bottom of it become harder, as far as I know only one picture of this event exists? if that is true, does that not tell anyone thats wrong or unlikely?

All those people involved, and all those who witnessed the event, they could hardly have missed all the commotion and all those search lights joining like that? that in itself cries cover up to me.

Frank, I know this sounds like a stupid question, what if any outcome has there been to FOIA documents? surely there must have been many attempts to get hold of files, also is there a reason for so little photographic evidence?

It does prove, that major events can happen in front of countless witnesses and still remain hidden.

The single picture always struck me as unbelievably odd.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If you look on Mr Warren's site, there is an interview with an actual eyewitness of the event. It is rare, but some people did go outside during the air raid sirens. This is an early case and is not contaminated by the modern UFO era of reports out there now.

Also, if you look at the photo, it clearly shows a definite shape out there with the spotlights on it. This is the time before digital photography and it can be analyzed.

There is also reports that there was a disk shot down that was recovered. This has not been proven and needs much more research, but one has to start somewhere.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
[edit on 6-11-2008 by star in a jar]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hey KF,

Originally posted by kidflash2008

Thank you for posting that article. The L.A. UFO Incident is one of the most important and least researched cases in UFOdom. I hope there are more witnesses, but like Roswell, the march of time is against this case.

Your welcome! I find these old articles fascinating (as you know).

There are more witnesses (that have come forward) then you might realize, and still more out there; the odds of course are much better with BOLA, (opposed to Roswell) given the fact that there were "potentially" millions of witnesses.

It still is a race with the undertaker however . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Mornin' Star,

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by Phage

A video of this incident exists. One can see they are firing at an obvious Alien craft.

If you're referring to the José Escamilla video, that is just his "creativity" to be polite. There is no known "genuine" film of the BOLA event in the public domain.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hey EN,

Originally posted by easynow
thanks for posting this Frank

keep'em coming and pay no attention to the negatives on here

Will do, and I never do . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If you're referring to the José Escamilla video, that is just his "creativity" to be polite. There is no known "genuine" film of the BOLA event in the public domain.

You mean he 'made up' an supposed 1942 video? He shouldn't be doing that, It simply confuses the public.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Good Day azzllin!

Originally posted by azzllin
I certainly have not seen this article before, This as others have said is one of the most important UFO stories ever, as time moves forward, the chances of getting to the bottom of it become harder, as far as I know only one picture of this event exists? if that is true, does that not tell anyone thats wrong or unlikely?

Time is certainly our enemy, and actually there are more pics, but not currently in the public domain.

All those people involved, and all those who witnessed the event, they could hardly have missed all the commotion and all those search lights joining like that? that in itself cries cover up to me.

There was a cover-up, "initially" a knee-jerk reaction during wartime; same can be said for the reporting of Pearl Harbor, as well as the UFOs that approached the coast a couple days after Pearl.

Frank, I know this sounds like a stupid question, what if any outcome has there been to FOIA documents? surely there must have been many attempts to get hold of files, also is there a reason for so little photographic evidence?

There has been and still is for that matter; however, the attempts haven't been fruitful. My finding of the original negative was probably the most significant event in recent years (which now was sometime back).

It does prove, that major events can happen in front of countless witnesses and still remain hidden.

The single picture always struck me as unbelievably odd.

Excellent point! Very much like Roswell; once Ramey put the kabash with the balloon story it was lost as a side-note in history until Stan brought to the public's attention!

The picture has been helpful in determining the size of the object along with the specifications of the "Sperry & G.E. search lights" used at the time.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

top topics

join