It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia decries Georgian military buildup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Russia decries Georgian military buildup

www.upi.com

MOSCOW, Nov. 1 (UPI) -- Russia's permanent representative to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe said Georgia has deployed troops along its border.
Representive Anvar Azimov said Georgia was engaging in military activities in areas bordering on South Ossetia and Abkhazia, Interfax news agency reported Saturday.

"Several hundred servicemen of the Georgian Interior Ministry, including special task forces and sharpshooters, have been deployed in the village of Variani, Kvenatkotsa, Sagolasheni and Kheltubani," he said.

He said the number of Georgian observation posts along its border of the South Ossetian border exceeds the earlier-promised level of 10 posts.

"Russia is concerned over the continuing build-up of Georgian military and police presence in areas adjoining South Ossetia and Abkhazia and growing provocations on the part of Georgia," Azimov said.

"We again want to draw the Permanent Council's attention to signs of destabilization in security areas around South Ossetia and Abkhazia after the Russian peacekeepers pulled out," he added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is interesting after having finished reading this interview with David Wilcock.

www.projectcamelot.org...

So then I’m thinking ok, what the heck does this mean? And it was on that exact day that McCain’s campaign had to admit that Palin’s daughter was pregnant. And so I believe that, with all these different levels of synchronicity tied together, that what I’m being shown is that these are history-making events. And you go back into the inside testimony of what happened on August 16th, it may turn, we know that’s the day that Russia won the war.

That by that time all the CIA had completely fled. They left behind all their toys, all their documents, all their secret junk. Russia now has possession of that and BELIEVE me, they intend on publishing everything. They are going to make it public. It’s not going to be kept secret. It’s going to blow the whistle on the whole thing. And I already thought this was amazing enough, but then when you see 6, at least, different crop formations that tie this in, not only with the date of August 16th, but directly with 2012, the end of the Mayan Calendar, it appears that what we’re being told is that the events that are happening right now are directly paving the way for the downfall of the Rockefeller/Nazi faction that has been illicitly running this country and running the show for 50 some years.

That this treasure trove of documents Russia has come into possession with will be what is necessary to bring them down. Obviously the most dangerous period of time that remains is between now and the election because this war in Russia, in Georgia rather, was their big attempt to try to create total chaos, to bomb Iran and to create Martial Law.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Why is there only the 1 press report of this on the whole internet on UPI?
Wouldn't something this important be all over the news sites?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well from what I gathered is that there must have been heavy US intelligence build up on August 8th, where Russia basically spoiled their plans and got away with highly classified documents reguarding the US and the impending war on Iran. Being a serious mistake of the US because now Russia is aware of their plans. As a counter measure, it seems that there is heavy build up on the Georgia Border, hence war with Iran is in the works.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Regardless of any US actions.

If i was the leader of a country that had just been invaded by a much larger neighbor i would be remiss in not protecting my borders by any means possible.
That would include command armed minefields, snipers with long range weapons up to 30mm. ETC

I would ask for help from any country that i trust for help in building defences and that would include intelligence, trainers, weapons air defences and technical assistance.

SCREW what Russia wants or or does not want.

got away with highly classified documents reguarding the US and the impending war on Iran

Under all operational security used by the US highly classified documents would never be allowed in a third party country.

We may have told them, We my have sent documents without headers and deniable, We may have even shown the diplomats or government officials from Georgia while they were in the US.

but NEVER WOULD HAVE HAD war plans in Georgia .

[edit on 2-11-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Dont be silly,

Nothing will be reported until its something that can be spun to present Russian agression.

I mean, Georgia managed to march into towns killing people, and it was silent until Russia entered to kick them out.

As much as I was hoping American would do something stupid like hitting Iran ( only because it would mean the end of American agression once they got their behinds kicked ) sadly, I feel they realised the true extent of their vulnerability.

Georiga was a big piece of the Iranian move, and Russia really threw a wrench into that plan!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Regardless of any US actions.

If i was the leader of a country that had just been invaded by a much larger neighbor i would be remiss in not protecting my borders by any means possible.
That would include command armed minefields, snipers with long range weapons up to 30mm. ETC

I would ask for help from any country that i trust for help in building defences and that would include intelligence, trainers, weapons air defences and technical assistance.

SCREW what Russia wants or or does not want.

got away with highly classified documents reguarding the US and the impending war on Iran

Under all operational security used by the US highly classified documents would never be allowed in a third party country.

We may have told them, We my have sent documents without headers and deniable, We may have even shown the diplomats or government officials from Georgia while they were in the US.

but NEVER WOULD HAVE HAD war plans in Georgia .

You know all this because you work for the US chain of command? Why would they not have battle plans in place in Georgia? You recommend them transmitting them over radio, internet/intranet, sattelitte etc and risk them being intercepted and decoded? Seems even more foolish to do that, than have eyes only hard copies of plans in the region you are making war.

As for CIA, they have no duty to abide by US chain of command, they can have as much info they wish in their HQ, heck for all we know spetsnaz raided any known CIA elements in Georgia as soon as Russia entered the country, secured anything and everything while the CIA fled knowing if they tried to mess with spetsnaz, they would die quick and provoke international agressions with Russia.

top topics

join