It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kundalini, Temporal lobe Epilepsy, religious awakenings/visions DMT and dreams???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this so as it involves epilepsy i thought this would be a good place. I already had a done a few threads and one post on this but not quite in the same context.

As a child when i see this ring of light, it was bright yellow and woud get brighter when it was dark. I say yellow, it kind of looked like the sun, it is hard to describe, and had a postive and negative aspect to it. Other things i noticed which no one ever talked about so i thought must not be normal was 'visual snow'. This kind of looks like invisible dry rain or what i would imagin static may look like. Over the years i have managed to filter this out as it is normal to me and if i choose - i can notice it. I also have noticed a warpinging in centre of my field of vision (although this i noticed over the past 10 years. All these things i put down to poor eyesight and/or an over active imagination. Some other strange experiences i had when i was a child; there is a memory i have from when i was a about 3 or 4 where i recall being sat in the back of my mums car with my nana, my mum was driving. I can remember feeling like i had just arrived there and then. I knew the pwople round me were my family but they felt familar yet unfamilar and it all felt really surreal. I nicked named moments like that as realisations - becauase to me that is what they felt like and so that is all i could describe them as. There were many time when i was younger and several since where this has happened and at least once i can reember feeling that i had all my answers answred, what ever they may be or were?? As much as i tried i could no remember my actual experience, the more i trid the harder it became. i also recall having many De-Ja vu moments ( not unsimilar that to the feeling of my realisations but not the same). Over time i had forgot this as just came as part of life, everyone says they have De-ja vu and stuff right?? Another wierd thing that i had no conrol over was staring into space or switching off, quite unawae that i am doing it as such, to observers its like I'm in a daze or trance. I cannot recall what has gone on around me in these moments, like if i'm watching telly, i could totally miss 5 minutes although it looks like i'm watching it. I found this annoying at school as i would be interstested but just found myself missing bits, i can remember thinking will i be able to get a job. Funnily enough this wasn't noticed by school or my family. They thought i was day dreaming - a dreamer.

Any way, years later i met my boyfrienfd who became concerned and looked up the possible reason behind my staring spells. He stumbled upon a type of epilepsy called petit- mal. I didn't pay much attention to be fair. I had nebver had fits or shakes. Over the next few years i noticed the odd jerk of an arm or a leg but everyone get that but id did start to happen more frequent - maybe once a week and increased to once a day. Just a jerk. Then one day i started feeling a bit unwell like a strange pain that started in my lower back and made its way across my body - i thought wind perhaps, ha,ha. Then it wnt to my heart area, it was more like a dull ache and a throbbing, i was thinking alsorts - anurasm or somthing but knowing i tend to have an over active imagination i put it down to indigestion. The feeling went to my throat like my throat was getting tighter and then to my temples. This was accompanied by a high pitch frequency noise like tinitus i suppose - but would increase and decrease in intensity. The feeling left my temples and i was now feeling pressure forming on the top of my head. It felt like literally the very top of my head was on fire. I felt sick nauseous and also like i think i needed to pee - (r the other), i just wasnt sure so i made my way downstairs to the bathroom. My legs were like jelly i could hardly walk. I made it to the bathroom, grabbed hold of the basin and blacked out. I dont know how long for, i presume minutes or seconds. I went back upstairs and lied down. I felt like someone was kneeling on my chest and had there hands round my throat. This passed and i can rememer feeling like i was floating although i knew i wasn't. This is similar to the feeling of when you lift someonme heavy up and then put them down and you feel like your levitating a bit. This was like that but more intense. It felt euphoric - like an orgasm but better as it was all over - it was like you were bathing in that feeling. I fellt extremely happy and forfilled and very giggly.

This made me look pettit mal and epilepsy up on the net. This has opened my eyes truly.

Firstly the visions problems i earlier mentioned:

postive and negative images, visual snow ext.
Symptoms same as those who suffer from hppd, this is also linked witth epilepsy and brain tumors:

nodid.org...

Religious visions/Feelings of Enlightenment

www.bbc.co.uk...

Other experiences that are strangeley similar to those of some Epileptics are those who claim to have awakended their Kundalini and people who have taken the Hallucigenic '___'. '___' is a class A drug. It also is found naturally in humans and is produced in the pineal gland i think. It is what enables us to dream. I just find it all very strange, all sharing similar experiences - are they connected?????????

uk.youtube.com...
video.google.co.uk...#
uk.youtube.com...
uk.youtube.com...

dreams and '___':

uk.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

[edit on 1-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I too. had petit-mall seizures, and grand mal seizures. My parents also thought I was day-dreaming when I had the petit-mal seizures, as did my teachers.
I think there is something associated with epilepsy and spirituality. I've always had an affinity for the paranormal, as well as the spiritual. I think some of us have contact with another demension or something. I'm not sure what. My seizures were under control by the age of 14, but I've always felt connected to something that was not of this world. (Cue "Twilight Zone" music)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I've had extremely similar experiences all my life.

Halos, Surreality, Deja Vu, Deep spiritual experiences etc.

Despite all these "symptoms" I've never had a seizure and my EEG readings have always been normal. This despite putting myself in situations that would normally trigger a seizure in an epileptic (i'd rather not elaborate)

Interesting thread. Starred.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The episode you had with the black out etc was a frontal lobe seizure, it can happen for any odd reasons but the best way to make sure is to see a nuerologist. I have had epilepsy all my life(grand mal the shakin ones
) After I had my duaghter I to started having those episodes but mine got real bad and they thought I was having this stuff called agoraphobia with panic dissorder because it had been a few years since I'd had a bad seizure. It turns out that after testing I am now having frontal lobe seizures too. They can be fun alot of the time.but you need to be careful with stress and large amounts of caffine or anything of the "like" that would really speed you up.( they dont just happen once if you are really rockin and can actually make you pass out, and it repeats till your body slows down. I had one last for 16 hours and ended up in the er only to be given a downwer, sent home and slept for 2 days straight.)
There are also alot of spiritual experiences that can also have the same types of symptoms or feelings. But either way making sure you arent having a frontal lobe problem would just make alot of sense. It is so easy to take care of and more times than not it just requires you to stay away from getting hyped up on caffine or the like.( no I dont do drugs just throwing that in there becuase some people do. hehe) hope this gives you a lil info to help
xoxo

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
firing the kundalini can have these effects. If you learn to control your kundalini you can stop these kind of incidents. There are usually certain types of events that trigger the kundalini to fire in these types of people. If you pay attention or can go back in your memory you will find them. Kundalini was used as a way or path to awakening as it clears out blockages in the energy system. There are other and better ways as the kundalini is hard to control and usually hits the biggest blockage first. S&S

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rken2

Thanks for that. I am considering Reike and/or yoga to see if that helps. I also suffer from anxiety and for the last six months depersonalisation symtoms also. I am due to gor for very EEG soon. Despite the outcome of that i will not be taking any medication - i've managed almost 30 years without drugs so i dont feel the need. For me now it is pure curiousity but would like to see if i can feel any better through meditation.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Something else i'm finding slightly intriguing is the caduceus being related to both epilepsy and kundalini. I think it is one of is not the oldest known symbol. The symbol is also linked with other things including rod of hermes,???

en.wikipedia.org...

www.endicott-studio.com...

[edit on 2-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
dreams and '___':

uk.youtube.com...

Heh, you linked to my video. Its proving pretty popular.
got loads more similar ones now.

anyway, from readin your post, I wouldn;t worry about your symptoms. I have myself randomly blacked out before when lyingin bed and came round covered in sweat. And as for the ecstasy you felt, that would seem to me to be a severe brief bout of rapid cycling mania, which can happen if the brain gets unsettled, its usually caused by drugs use, but doesn't always have to be. Thats what caused it in me anyway, and I had complete de-realization for a few days after going on a drugs binge, where even though you know what your doing is real life, it feels unreal, like its a dream. It was like being stuck in a constant deja-vu.

I typed up my drug induced experience here if you wanna check it out, it seems roughly similar to yours, I discussed it with some drug experts (swim = someone who isn't me, you cant self incriminate there), and someone else on the forum had had the exact same thing too;

*snip*

And, accompaning the weird feeling of despair that came a couple of times, were feeling of mainia (where you feel really happy, too much so that it makes you come over overexcited), and this would come and go very rapidly, one hour he'd feel really high and up for anything, and the next hour really depressed and down. It was like a very rapid effecting Bi-polar disorder, that swim felt completely out of control of, as there seemed no reason for these changes in mood, they just happened out of the blue. There are references that describe very rapid (ultra-rapid) or extremely rapid (ultra-ultra or ultradian) bi-polar cycling, but this is over 24 hours, I think that a one hour cycle is pretty much unheard of. (see:Ultra-ultra rapid cycling bipolar disorder is associated with the low activity catecholamine-O-methyltransferase allele)

And I very much doubt you have a brain tumour. The black out just probably screwed up your brain chemistry for a bit. Just eat fish oils, take some multivitamins you'll be fine.

====
Mod Edit: link to drug using info site snipped.

[edit on 12/6/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Arrh, thats my point. I haven't done any pchodelic drugs, it is suspected epilepsy and have had this since childhood. Aswell as users of pyscodelics even those who have awakened their kundalini experience something strangely similar. Is the same thing that is triggered if you take '___', or experience your kundalini and epilepsy. I think it is alot to do with the electric signals and magnetism.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yes it is amazing how it all ties together. The cadusus is indeed the old symbol of the kundalini and Hermes. There is a lot writen in India about it. In there system there are seven paths to god one for each chakra but the highest yoga was Rajga yoga or spiritual psychology. Kundalini was associated with the 1st and second chakra. The serpent fire. The cadusus represents the three kundalini channels. Two serpents rapped around a central staff. In the east they are the Ida and pingali or male and female channels. I have had my kundalini fire and it was an amazing experience. Oh just a curiousity do you get body rashes also. I have seen people that run a lot of kundalini get them. I worked with a couple of people who ran a lot of kundalini that had bad rashes and I was able to teach them some other tools for releasing and turning off there kundalini which eliminated the rashes they were getting.S&S

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I keep accidentally stumbling upon stuff - really strange, I was looking for something on that snake (shadow) that slithers down a pyramid Every year, on spring equinox. Anyway, this link below makes interesting reading, well depending how open your mind is really. I was reading it all bit this is really where it ties into the thread a bit if you scroll down to Plasmatic Immersion. Again, opinions please, critical opinions welcome too!

www.2012theodyssey.com...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rken2

Thanks for your opinion and info. I dont recall any rashes but i will try to make a point of noticing if it happens again.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I believe the Aztecs got it right about the ending of a cycle as this correlates to many other beliefs held around the world at about major and minor cycles. The reason they all agree is because they all based on astronomy. I doubt very much that the transition from one cycles end to the beginning of another cycle will bring about any great cataclysmic events. As far as a shift in planetary energy who know what effects they could have on the human energy system. It would be pretty amazing if all the people on the face of the planets kundalini fired at once. It kind of bring to mind whats been called the second coming as every one at one time would experience a spirital awakening.

One thing that stuck me as I read the link was that in the experience he had no one was judging him but himself. I don't think we need a god to judge us as we do a good enough job for the most part even if in our current experience many of us try to justify our behaviour, you can only hide from yourself for so long.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rken2

You are quite right. One thing i have noticed, and i am partly sure it is partly to do with my 'experiences', is insight into yourself. I myself am a very wary person, thought i am very optimistic also. I try to see the best in people but am truly horrified when i see true evil in people, and i have seen it. People who dont seem to have a concience or any consideration for what there actions will inflict. For some reason i have always considered what i say and do and what effect it (and the spiralation of that also)will have on others. I get excited when i gain knowledge and love to share it - sometimes a little too much though. Thats whats great about ATS, i can give my boyfirend/firends a rest from my theoretical torture. I like to be critisised also so i can gain a better understanding and a different perspective, i even critisise myself - is this normal??. I am a big believer in theory of cause and effect - i feel it can teach you alot. Respect for each other and your environment is very important i think.

Link below; emerald tablet of Thoth - Law of Cause and Effect
The Khem he is referring to is ancient Egypt if you was wondering.
When i first read this it really got me thinking, tablet of Herme's is great too.
www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 7-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Thanks, that makes me feel like i'm not as abnormal as i feel, thankyou for the advice ;o)

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AnubisOfTheEast

Will post resilts from my EEG once i get them back, It will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Another thing i would be intestested to know would be to anyone who has epilepsy and uses Medical Canabis. A couple of years after metting my partner he jokingly suggested i tried a few tokes on his cannabis reefer (he uses it medically for back problems) as he knew i could not unwind properly especially after work. I have a stressful job. I did and i have done eversince. More surprisingly though, i noticed a radid drop in the number of times i would experience absence seizures. I thought this just had to be looked into so i looked it up on the net to see if it was linked with epilepsy - too my surprise there was. I also discovered it has been used for thousands of years by the ancients and only in the last 100 years has it become and issue to use it. Well i suppose synthetic drugs make people more money i guess. Sad bit is though, apart from being a wonderdrug for many illnesses it also has a huge range of other uses including food, bio-fuel, paper, clothing, rope, oil the list goes on....

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

This vid is purely about epilepsy throught the ages - very interesting.........

uk.youtube.com...

The below is a vid of someone who has a medical cannabis licence. Viewer discretion is advised as this is graphic but has been put out there to show the importance of cannabis as a treatment - basically if it works for you, then being unable to grow and use it for your own medical use then it is deniying you of your basic humant rights. Without this tratment this particular sufferer would experience many sezuires a day. Problem is with the synthic drugs available is the side effects can be far worse and damaging than the actual illness itself.

uk.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
Something else i'm finding slightly intriguing is the caduceus being related to both epilepsy and kundalini. I think it is one of is not the oldest known symbol. The symbol is also linked with other things including rod of hermes,???

en.wikipedia.org...

www.endicott-studio.com...

Erm just stumbled upon this too - weird eh??

www.neurotheology.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It appears to be some sort of 'kundalini' experience and perhaps a petit mal seizure, too because during a meeting, I saw a temp look up at something and kind of jerked a couple of times in his chair. The look on his face appeared as if he saw something 'spiritual'.

[edit on 2008-11-29 by pikypiky]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I'd like to know more, do you know anything more of either of them other thank what you witnessed? Did you ask about it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join