It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department of Health declares Obama birth certificate legal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

www.starbulletin.com

State officials say there’s no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino says she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama’s original birth certificate.

Fukino says that no state official, including Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama’s certificate be handled differently from any other.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Looks like the State of Hawaii has confirmed that the Hawaii birth certificate is real. Which of course, most of us knew was the case. As his qualifications for the presidency would have been verified by the government before being allowed to run.

Now the "Obama paid off Hawaii officials when he visited his sick grandmother" conspiracies can begin.

www.starbulletin.com

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Looks like the State of Hawaii has confirmed that the Hawaii birth certificate is real. Which of course, most of us knew was the case. As his qualifications for the presidency would have been verified by the government before being allowed to run.

Now the "Obama paid off Hawaii officials when he visited his sick grandmother" conspiracies can begin.

www.starbulletin.com

really?????? question then for ALL??? WHY IS IT STILL SEALED TILL GUESS WHAT NOV. 5!!!!!!!! THATS RIGHT
I even have one of the links

SO CAN ANYBODY GUESS WHAT THERE HIDING BECAUSE ITS COMMON SENSE THEY ARE HIDING SOMETHING!

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Agreed, if its legit then why are they still hiding it?

Why not release it and crush the rumors?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not only is he lying about his birth certificate, but he's also accepting donations from non-citizens!!

news.yahoo.com... a_aunt;_ylt=AkGZUb9fCFROffmilez6yGMDW7oF

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thank you, Kaploink, for posting this, but as you can see, it doesn't matter what is said or done, some people will just hang on to their hope that this man is some sort of "ferner" who isn't eligible to be our president.

Originally posted by FightLies
really?????? question then for ALL??? WHY IS IT STILL SEALED TILL GUESS WHAT NOV. 5!!!!!!!! THATS RIGHT

Because WND is full of crap and lying? I'll tell you what. I'll believe the Associated Press, who has a long history of credibility and you believe World Net Daily, a extreme right-wing tabloid whose credibility sinks lower with every article they post.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
heres more links

www.freemarketnews.com...

www.bloggernews.net...

www.irnnews.com...

www.associatedcontent.com...

www.gather.com...

Also I am not saying that he IS OR IS NOT natural born citizen!!!

I AM SAYING THAT YOU WOULD ONLY SEAL IT IF HE HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE!!!

good work is done in the light were everyone can see!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ugh it just gets worse and worse

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Honey, every single one of your "sources" is a reprint of the WND story. THEY are sourcing the same source. Repeating the exact same thing over and over doesn't make it true or any more believable. All those "sources" are as illegitimate as WND because they got their story from WND.

Originally posted by FightLies
I AM SAYING THAT YOU WOULD ONLY SEAL IT IF HE HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE!!!

I know what you're saying. But you're using WND as a source that his birth certificate is "sealed", whatever that means. What does that mean?

The AP source in the OP says that Obama's certificate has been treated no differently than any other and the Governor DIDN'T "seal" it.

FYI, you couldn't get my birth certificate either. You have no viable reason to access my birth certificate. Does that mean I'm hiding something?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

It's a very short article, sometimes it helps you understand things a little better if the article is read before posting.

Fukino says that no state official, including Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama’s certificate be handled differently from any other.

She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest in it.

It's not "SEALED" either, it's just being "handled" like any other birth certificate is in Hawaii.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thank you Keyhole, you beat me to it..

'Sealed'... ha, yeah sorry no.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole

Originally posted by ChrisF231

It's a very short article, sometimes it helps you understand things a little better if the article is read before posting.

She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest in it.

It's not "SEALED" either, it's just being "handled" like any other birth certificate is in Hawaii.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by Keyhole]

Again, I'll ask this question. Where's the vaulted copy?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So if this is true... Source

Internet powerhouse Andy Martin has ignited a firestorm in Hawai'i over Barack Obama's bogus "original" birth certificate. Martin won a stunning victory Friday afternoon (October 31st) when the State of Hawai'i backed his assertion that there was an original, "typewritten, 1961" birth certificate, called a "Certificate of Live Birth" or "COLB" in Hawai'i, that no one has previously seen.

Then what was the Birth Cert that O'Bama (and factcheck.org) posted on his site? If no one has previously seen it, what did "O" post on his site? The thick plottens.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Again, I'll ask this question. Where's the vaulted copy?

I think it's safe, and right here

"I also plan Saturday to thank Dr. Chiyome Fukino for confirming my factual allegation that there was/is an original, typewritten 1961 'vault' COLB that has not been made public and that the true 'original' COLB is in official files. That confirmation makes Barack Obama a liar, on the last weekend of the campaign. Thank you, doctor. The original document is now obviously protected and safe from any tampering by Obama.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You can't always get what you want.

But if you try sometimes, you just might find...

You just might finnnnnnd

Ya get what you neeeeed.

Another one bites the dust, I guess. Keep throwing the mud, maybe something will stick.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

I thought we determined his case was dismissed?

29414ord.pdf

And here's some more information on the man:

Anthony Robert Martin-Trigona, usually known as Andy Martin (born 1945 in Middletown, Connecticut) is an American journalist, perennial candidate, and vexatious litigant. Known for his anti-semitic remarks, he once ran for Congress as a Democrat of Connecticut in 1986 with a promise "to exterminate Jew Power," according to the paperwork of one of his campaign committees.[1] The Nation,[2] The Washington Post,[3] and The New York Times[1] have identified him as the primary source of false rumors that 2008 Democratic Party presidential nominee Barack Obama is secretly a Muslim. Obama is formerly a member of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, and is an actively professing and practising Christian.[4] In a later interview with CNN, Martin explicitly abandoned his view that Obama is a Muslim, but now asserts Obama's real father is not Barack Obama Sr., but is Frank Marshall Davis, an African American journalist of the 1950s.[5]

On October 17, 2008, Martin filed a lawsuit against the state of Hawaii calling for the public release of Barack Obama's birth certificate and other vital records. To counter rumors that Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States, the Obama campaign previously posted an image of his short-form birth certificate online.[6][7] Martin's lawsuit sought a copy of Sen. Obama's long-form birth certificate.[8] On October 22, 2008 the Hawaii Supreme Court denied Petition 29414 calling for the release of Obama's vital records.

We are we trusting this loon? He's clearly unbalanced. You can't trust Obama because he was connected to Ayers, but you can trust a guy who wants to get rid of Jews from politics?

Awesome guys!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
More about this guy from wikipedia (most of it is sourced directly):

Allegations of Obama being a Muslim

According to a report by journalist Chris Hayes for The Nation, Martin issued a press release shortly after Obama's keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention that he had evidence Obama "lied to the American people" and "misrepresent[ed] his own heritage." Martin claimed that Obama was really a Muslim, was possibly hiding this fact "to endanger Israel,"[2] and that "[Obama's] Muslim religion would obviously raise serious questions in many Jewish circles."[1]

Within a few days, the conservative site Free Republic picked up Martin's press release, triggering a long discussion. However, according to Hayes, the issue went dormant after Obama's election to the Senate, only to pick up again in 2006 as rumors spread that Obama was considering a presidential run.[2] In October, a conservative blog, Infidel Bloggers Alliance, reposted Martin's press release in response to a question about Obama's heritage.[18] Then, on December 26, conservative activist Ted Sampley, co-founder of Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry, posted a column suggesting Obama was a closeted Muslim, heavily quoting Martin's original press release.[19] According to Hayes, the first of many emails suggesting Obama was a Muslim was forwarded to Snopes within hours of Sampley's story. Hayes believes that the email was likely a slightly altered version of the Sampley article, which was in turn heavily based on Martin's 2004 press release. Martin told Hayes that he got numerous calls once the emails began circulating. When the callers asked him if he wrote the release, Martin replied, "They are all my children."[2]

On June 28, 2008 Martin told the Washington Post that he wasn't "trying to smear anybody," but that it was "just an underreported story."[3]

Jerome Corsi's book The Obama Nation, published on August 1, 2008, opens with a quote from Andy Martin on Obama's alleged Muslim heritage and supposed attempts to conceal it.[1] Jim Rutenberg of The New York Times says that the book has been "widely discredited".[1]

On October 5, 2008, Martin was featured as a journalist on Hannity's America of the Fox News Channel. According to The New York Times, "The program allowed Mr. Martin to assert falsely and without challenge that Mr. Obama had once trained to overthrow the government."[20]

The Miami Herald reports that the former Florida state senator Tom Rossin, who defeated Martin in his 1996 campaign, was startled to learn that Fox News had provided Andy Martin a commentary spotlight; he stated of Martin, "He's got some serious mental issues...He's no more a legitimate news source than Carter's little liver pills."[21]

[edit] Allegations of Obama's father being Frank Marshall Davis

In an interview featured on the CNN network's American Morning program on October 27, 2008, Andy Martin explicitly abandoned his view that Barack Obama is a Muslim.[5] In the interview, Martin asserts a newer view that Obama is not the son of Barack Obama, Sr., but is rather the son of Frank Marshall Davis, an African American journalist and political activist who wrote for a newspaper in Hawaii in the 1940s and 1950s that was accused by the House Un-American Activities Committee as being a front for the Communist Party USA.[5] Martin claimed that he discovered this after his recent trip to Honolulu, although he offered CNN no substantive proof for the claim.[5]

[edit] Suit against the state of Hawaii
Senator Barack Obama's short-form birth certificate

On October 17, 2008, Martin filed a lawsuit in a state circuit court of Hawaii against Governor Linda Lingle and health department director Dr. Chiyome Fukino seeking to verify the state's official birth certificate of Barack Obama.[22] Months before this suit, the Obama campaign posted an image of his short-form birth certificate online.[23][24] Martin's lawsuit seeks a copy of Sen. Obama's long-form birth certificate.[25]

The short-form birth certificate that the Obama campaign has posted online states that his date of birth as August 4, 1961, his place of birth as Honolulu, Hawaii, and other details.[22] Andy Martin rejects this and retorts that "I want to see a certified copy issued by the state of Hawai'i, not one issued by the state of Obama."[22]

Hawaii State Department and Health spokeswoman Janice Okubo states that only people with a "tangible relationship" to Barack Obama can access a copy of his birth certificate, adding that a 1949 law "was enacted primarily to protect your private information, especially in these days where there's ID theft."[22] Attorney General Mark Bennett states that he has not seen the lawsuit and cannot comment on it, but says that according to Hawaii Revised Statutes it is unlawful to release vital records to anyone except individuals listed in state records as having close relations with Obama (i.e. a spouse, parents, descendants, or someone with a common ancestor).[22] In regards to a designee representing Obama, Okubo says "If someone from Obama's campaign gave us permission in person and presented some kind of verification that he or she was Obama's designee, we could release the vital record."[22]

On October 22, 2008, in a Honolulu court proceeding overseen by the Honorable Bert I. Ayabe of the First Circuit of the Supreme Court of Hawaii, Martin's petition No. 29414 to have Obama's vital records released was denied. The official document of the original proceedings states:

Upon consideration of the petition for a writ of mandamus filed by petitioner Andy Martin and the papers in support, it appears that the issuance by the Department of Health of a certified copy of a vital statistics record to petitioner was not mandatory, but involved the exercise of discretion and judgment...the department shall not permit inspection of public health statistics records, or issue a certified copy of any such record or part thereof, unless it is satisfied that the applicant has a direct and tangible interest in the record...Therefore, petitioner is not entitled to mandamus relief against the respondent public officials...IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the petition for a writ of mandamus is denied."[26]

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I thought we determined his case was dismissed?

News to me Sub, never heard of the guy until today. And as far a Wiki goes? It takes a lot for the court to consider you a vexatious litigant, he must be a real stinker.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I posted this on a similar discussion in "Decision 2008", so here it goes again folks:

SO they released a "Statement", but they will not release the Certificate itself, why not?

Two issues are still in play, and so far no one has been able to answer:

-Why was his Birth Certificate conveniently sealed within 48 Hours of Senator Obama's visit to his "Ailing Grandmother"?

and

-Why, for the past 5 months, has Senator Obama (and his Campaign staff) done nothing but file for Case Dismissals and Injunctions, when he has potentially exonerating evidence, which when admitted, would have lead to an immediate Case Dismissal without question?

The Case delaying is HIGHLY questionable in of itself. I know of individuals who were looking to receive Certified Birth Certificates for Ancestors who were born in the Early 19th Century, and it took them all of 30 Minutes to obtain a Document in relation to such.

ALSO, where in the statement does Hawaii State Health Department Director Chiyome Fukino, MD declare ANYTHING beyond the fact that such a Birth Certificate exists? She simply declared that she has the document, and is currently sitting on it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I posted this on a similar discussion in "Decision 2008", so here it goes again folks:

Apparently you didn't like the answers in the other thread so you come into this one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join