It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security put me under investigation after I was on the Above Politics Show…coincidence?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by _Johnny_Utah_

Are these the full numbers?....6-000,6-606.....
Do you mean this is the area code or the complete number, If this is the full number that is very strange....

[edit on 1-11-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111

Are these the full numbers?....6-000,6-606.....
Do you mean this is the area code or the complete number, If this is the full number that is very strange....

[edit on 1-11-2008 by rikk7111]

That was the entire number that called me. I wished I had answered it...at times...however, you have to understand, I knew HS was watching me and I didn't want to find out it was them.
I guess I wasn't as brave as I imagined I would be.

Rather I should say...each were individual numbers that called me several times

[edit on 1-11-2008 by _Johnny_Utah_]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I know how that feels.
I am openly being investigated with my phone calls being monitor and probably the places that I visit in the internet.
When I say openly I mean they came to me and asked me soooo many questions, then, have been to my job and old jobs and have talk to my close friends..

Also, an incident has happened in NY (that of course has nothing to do with me and I'm NOT part of if AT ALL) that I am really ashamed of to mention here, with a very close relative of mine, which has led to the family and close friends being watched very closely by them.

I guess in this case they have all the right to do what they are doing?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

1> There are internet sites where you pay a fee and call their 800 number, enter what you want the caller id to show, the receiving end sees whatever number you entered.

Government agencies have this ability within their telecom systems.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I know this does not improve your situation, but at least it will frame it in the proper perspective:

I *personally* know someone who is a great guy, a vegetarian, would *never* hurt anyone. He is also a genius - and runs an amateur science club. and for *THAT* they put him on a NO-FLY list.

So this is the level of retarded fools you are dealing with. The fact is most who get a job in government is due, usually, because they are not deserving of a job in industry. They are just not equipped with brains enough to be creative, inventive and innovative, and they don't have the brains to compete with more deserving citizens.

Have I insulted people who have jobs in government? Sure. Do I care? Do government employees care that they are living off of our pay checks which real people earned by adding to the GDP and actually doing something productive and valuable by which others are willing to pay out of their own free will? Are you government employees capable of doing the same? Then why are you living off our paychecks? Can't you do better than be a parasite?

My advice to the rest: Live your life, be free, and spread joy to others.
Best of luck.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by ATS4dummies]

[edit on 1-11-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

I know a good portion of the people who work for the government aren't the brightest out there. But...many of the people who do work for the government are there for a self-serving reason. They have a zeal for power and for lack of a better word, are bullies.
Those are the people to worry about.
Not because they are bullies, because bullies are gererally cowards...but these specific bullies have the power of the US Government behind them. if they are backed into a corner, they can always call in back up and it is never a bad thing. In fact, in this arena the more people it takes, the more important they become.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What am I missing here?

Katrina was the 28th of August 2005.

A “few months back” (2008) you were on ATS - thinking it’s what pegged you with the Gov - got you busted out.

But, *they* had --->

What really troubled me, though, was the information he had on me. He pulled up emails I had sent to family asking how they were doing, text messages to my brothers, and a list of phone calls I had made during the week Katrina hit….clearly, I was labeled as a national security threat and the Patriot Act was used on me.

So you’re telling me they went back 3 years and got emails and text messages from back then - to throw in your face now?

Or were you a *risk* back then - they were keeps tabs on you then - during the worst natural catastrophe known in recent American history - over something not to do with Katrina because it just happened and you hadn’t opened your mouth up about it yet while relocating in Ohio - and it is a coincidence, the timing with ATS?

Something just doesn’t add up here for me - or I'm (admittedly) naive in exactly how the Government controls and records each and every thing we say, do, write, think..?

Does this mean if I get busted out on speaking my mind one day in a public forum the Gov can go back in time however-many-years-ago and pull up any telephone/email/text/smoke signals/yahoo chat room posts/hand signs I ever made and whoop my hide with them?

Call me confused, I don‘t mind!

...?...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Call yourself whatever you like...I know what happened to me and I know beyond a doubt the money I had to spend/ am spending to try and fight this.
I have no idea what triggered this. I know I spoke with an agent from HS. I keep in contact with martin bain often...and I told him what was going on. We have talked about how to come out with this for some time and I finally figured now was the time.
After the Patriot Act was passed cell phone companies had to keep much more strict records of their customers...
It is very common in court cases for text messages to brought into trial and being as how I have email from from 2004 in my email account...I doubt it was very hard for them to find what I wrote on whatever day they chose to look.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The FBI came to my house once, because I'm a well know personality on Live Leak and I'm know for getting exclusive war footage from Iraq/Afghanistan. Apparently some of the videos I got were secret and shouldn't have been released. I was only aware of one of them though and explained that I had no idea. They left me a card and Ive never heard from them again.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Call yourself whatever you like...I know what happened to me and I know beyond a doubt the money I had to spend/ am spending to try and fight this.
I have no idea what triggered this. I know I flew to Mississippi to speak with an agent from HS. I keep in contact with "Martin Bain" often...and I told him what was going on pretty much when this happened. We have talked about how or if to come out with this for some time and I finally figured now was the time.
After the Patriot Act was passed cell phone companies had to keep much more strict records of their customers...
Do you not think it is possible they can have records in the so far past as 2005?
I think in the title to this thread the word "coincindence" is there followed by a "?"
that means I am not sure why all of this happened to me.
I thought it was interesting and it seems a few others do as well... if you do not...or think I am lying...good for you.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
The FBI came to my house once, because I'm a well know personality on Live Leak and I'm know for getting exclusive war footage from Iraq/Afghanistan. Apparently some of the videos I got were secret and shouldn't have been released. I was only aware of one of them though and explained that I had no idea. They left me a card and Ive never heard from them again.

On a side note...
I love that site!
I bet I have downloaded some of your stuff.
They have some of the best raw footage you can find on the net.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hard earn tax money gone to waste. Who gives a rats *ss where you been, or where your going during mother natures wrath! Would they rather see you washed out to sea instead? The governments idea of help is your just better off dead.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Let's see...... the gummymint conjures up emails & text messages from john q publics past with a single wave of their magic wand. However, the gummymint has no idea what happened with Dick Cheney's 473 days of missing emails. Somethin' funny going on here...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

The only thing I can think of as a reason as to why I was "targeted" if that is indeed what it was (it may have not been that at all)...was because I have been hyper-critical of the government's possition as it pertains to New Orleans.
New Orleans was became the face of Katrina for political correctness reasons and nothing more and it was moral crime to ignore what happened to the thousands and thousands of people on the MS Gulf Coast.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Johnny_Utah_
Not two weeks after I posted this thread…and was on the show…my father (who lives in Arkansas) got a call from an agent with Homeland Security. He started asking questions (which he clearly already knew the answers to) of my father about what I had lost in the storm, where I was, and had I moved to Utah.
He called my mother who lives on the Coast, and asked her similar questions.
He tried to talk to one of my younger brothers, who told him to...well, let's just say my brother wouldn't talk to him.

You can see here that it wasn't "The US Department of Homeland Security" but, instead it was actually "Homeland Security". Before you believe some garbage or talk to some phony people, you need to see verifiable picture ID proving who they work for.

You can't just call somebody up and say that you're HOMELAND SECURITY with no PROOF and folks are just gonna go for it! And you BOUGHT that garbage?? Give me a break!

I started getting phone calls from a number "6-000" and "6-606." Who can make a call from a number like that?!

Duh! When you see 000-000-0000 on the caller ID or something that says "Private" or something, you should be cautious (if you answer the phone, let the caller say something first, if they do!).

Never mind, I only had one paycheck on me, my Mississippi apartment (which was gone) was full of my things, and my girlfriend...

Girlfriend?? How come everyone on this site has a girlfriend except me?? It's gotta be them aliens...

A couple months after my father had his conversation, I had to fly to MS and meet with a Homeland Security Agent, who was to say the least…rude. My former professor from USM was also a lawyer/judge on the Coast, so I was able to hire him to represent me.

My professor says this is very much how the federal government works. They have virtually unlimited resources and clearly mine are finite. If it keeps up much longer, I will be force to plead guilty to a crime I did not commit and have a felony on my record.

At this point, after they "got" you over the phone, they think putting a real Homeland Security agent in front of you is gonna make it more convincing. I mean, they like *really* fooled you, dood!

Oh, yeah, and the United States Federal Government is not this infinite entity with unlimited resources and infinite agents all over the place like that agent guy from "The Matrix". The "Federal Government", on the other hand is clearly pretty infinite.

See you've gotta pay attention to the bull**** their tossing at you, or you're gonna end up in prison for life without ever committing a crime. They call it "holding you forever without power of attorney".

Yeah, that's right, fake charges, no agent ever called your parents, you just said something suspicious so they called homeland security, and you think you did something, which you didn't do, "but he doesn't know it".

If you're gonna fall for the "You're not supposed to know" garbage, then be my guest.

Hey, that's assuming you didn't make all this up.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Look fellow,
I met with the agent. I saw his badge. I held it my hand. I saw the papers which were drawn up on me. My Professor (who has a doctorate, was a federal prosecutor, is a lawyer/judge) saw them too. He was in the room with me.
Maybe you are right. Maybe it was a big hoax they fool him with too. Maybe it was the Men in Black. Maybe they were the Illuminati...or...maybe...just maybe...they actually worked for the Department of Homeland Security.
After Katrina...many of the duties were passed from FEMA to the DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY...look it up if you don't believe me.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone
Oh yeah, I know how that feels.
I am openly being investigated with my phone calls being monitor and probably the places that I visit in the internet.
When I say openly I mean they came to me and asked me soooo many questions, then, have been to my job and old jobs and have talk to my close friends..

Again... same thing, different setting. If you're under secret investigation, then going to your close friends and your job is gonna to tip you off to something, and especially if they do it right in front of your face.

Keep in mind, that this "investigation" is WAY too out in the open... if they want you to catch them "investigating" you, obviously something else is on the agenda....

I mean, "agents" can't just appear EVERYWHERE over some garbage!

If they try the garbage where they show you ID that says "HOMELAND SECURITY", or "FBI", or "POLICE DEPT", that's not the police, or the fbi or anything like that... it's the ***. (Notice I didn't tell you who it is)

Originally posted by thegrayone
I guess in this case they have all the right to do what they are doing?

The right? They don't have the right or the capability, so the folks you're referring to are not even the cops, or the FBI, or anything like that. No matter what they say, without verifiable PICTURE ID (note that PICTURE is in all caps), you're just being suckered.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I must be missing something here too.

What were you originally charged with ? And what charges were dropped ? What "crimes" are they investigating ? Did you receive government funds to support you following Katrina ? Are they arguing that you weren't entitled to them ?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Honestly, tell me the truth here...have you ever gotten a call from a 4 digit number?
Because up until then...believe it or not...I had not.
You see, my cell phone does this thing (and it's strange...i know) where if the number can't be recognized..it says "unknown." I know, it's whacky, but it does it.
SO when a 4 digit number comes up...it is sort of odd.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by KOGDOG

Now, I am a skeptic, so that side of me has to be honest. I guess there is a chance it is some telemarketing scam or sales HQ which somehow has a number like that. How? I have no idea, but then again I do not know all there is to know about the phone companies and how numbers are given out.
I do know, I was too freaked out to answer them. Later, when I got my...nerve...up, I tried to call it back. I didn't get anything.
As one of the calls was coming in, I showed it to a guy at work who just sort of back away from me. I think he thought the phone was going to explode or something

pretty sure its an automated billing something or other from a phone company maybe.. I get numbers like that to tell me its time to make a payment....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join