It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convincing Dragon Photo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargon of Agade

Now that, I would definatly believe.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

That is what it looks like just blown up a lot. Don't know where the original dragon appellation came from, looks very birdlike to me. Or maybe birdman like.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I've always thought that birds with long necks look dragon like when they fly. They hold themselves similar to old portraits and pictures.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
When I first saw it I was thinking it looked like a Harpy. From the angle it looks enormous though.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
False colouring, solarizing etc.etc. shows a clear line along its body to its tail - I am using putative words there, let's not get too carried away- but it looks more like a pterydactyl type thing with a kink in its wing if it is anything crazy. Or just a bird of prey - look at the wing.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
When I first saw it I was thinking it looked like a Harpy

That was my first assumption too. I am going to guess and say that noone has any idea as to where this was taken?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So what if it is a dragon, do we go hunting for them now… and completely nullify the species for good?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Monk

Dunno. Looks almost like something Godzilla fought.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wow, I remember this thread. This was one of the very first threads I ever looked at when I ran into ATS, back when I was 13-ish.

Why was it brought back to life? It should have died a noble death back in 2004, lol.

My opinion? Its as fake now as it was then. Nothing has changed except new people stumbled upon it.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
Wow, I remember this thread. This was one of the very first threads I ever looked at when I ran into ATS, back when I was 13-ish.

Why was it brought back to life? It should have died a noble death back in 2004, lol.

My opinion? Its as fake now as it was then. Nothing has changed except new people stumbled upon it.

Does your highly-esteemed opinion come with any photo analysis, links to debunking articles or proof of fakery?

Or are you taking a common sense approach that unless it is a known species photographed in an unusual way it is definitely a hoax?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
Does your highly-esteemed opinion come with any photo analysis, links to debunking articles or proof of fakery?

Not at all. If I did give evidence and all that jazz it'd be more then just my opinion.

Though the picture does beg the question where all the other photos are. I mean, if I saw something like that I'd snap a whole bunch of pictures. Not to mention, all the photos that should have been grabbed by the people in the town below.

Or are you taking a common sense approach that unless it is a known species photographed in an unusual way it is definitely a hoax?

How is that common sense by any stretch of the imagination? Common ignorance maybe, but certainly not common sense. I'm a believer in a lot of things. Bigfoot for example. This photo? Not a bit.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
I took a look at this in Photoshop, and it is fake. Even if you just zoom in very close you can see that the entire dragon is surrounded by one giant block of pixel which has been pasted onto the original image. And inside and around the dragon there is further proof when you see a bluer sky behind it's wings than the sky over the city.

I was just about to post this. I looked at it in Photoshop as well, and the grain is inconsistent. That's how you can tell if something's been pasted in.

Here's a closeup. I went ahead and marked the pixel block surrounding the "dragon".

Now look at a picture where the subject has not been pasted in and compare.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I would have to say that I believe this picture is a fake. And not just because the dragon is the clearest thing on the picture. Anyone else notice the cloud formations in the picture? It looks like a composite from several pictures poorly spliced in together to disguise it's origins.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

not all dragons can do fire

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Id half to agree with wally its a fake.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
No no no no IT'S A HARPY!!!!!
=)
Line added so as to not lose 20 points again.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Looks like it was added in (photo shopped) to me. Color looks off.

I still think this so called burl on a tree looks more like a dragon to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Monk

hmm. this pic reminds me of the mythilogocal bird"the pheonix"but thats just me

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
eah the zoomed up pics pretty much are showing its a fake. Shame, thought this could be a myyjical phoenix:

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I love dragons, I love reading them and I love when people draw them. But, unfortunately, they are not real. They possibly could've been, millions of years ago, but the odds of there being a Dragon is the odds of a T-Rex hiding in the New York Sewer System.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join