It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convincing Dragon Photo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Has anyone seen this pic before/know it to be a hoax?
Otherwise, this picture has definatly believe.... in whatever may be flying around in the pic hehe. Take a close look at it.

TPL

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Looks a little sus to me.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
it looks pretty fake to me, sorry... are there two in there? the obvious one in the sky, and then one down in the mountains, right above the town? also, where and when was this picture taken? is that a volcano in the background?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with everyone else, it looks a little too fake. first, the image of the dragon is clearer than the rest of the photo. second, according to the scale, it's the size of a building. and third, it looks orange and green.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That doesn't look like a fake dragon....

It looks like a REAL BIRD!!!

Like a cockatiel or something. Maybe somebody spraypainted it to look like a fake bird, but it looks pretty real to me.

Who would spraypaint a bird?
DeltaChaos

P.S. This picture also looks like Utah last year when it was on fire, too. Do you know where this picture came from?

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I want to see flames shoot out of it. Then I'll believe.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I want to see flames shoot out of it. Then I'll believe.

better, dbates?

if you spraypainted a bird, would it still be able to fly? i would think the paint would make the feathers stick together or something.

as for it being clearer, it looks all about the same clarity to me. also, maybe dragons are just that big? i thought they were supposed to be huge.

i still think it's a fake, though.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well this one proverd to be fake!

In The Bottle Is A Hoax

Author's Baby Dragon Hoax Pays Off With Book Deal
By Anthony France
The Telegraph - UK
3-29-4

Note - In this day and age where lying is trendy and chic hoaxes and fraudsters litter the landscape, this will come as little surprise. Beware, however, there is no humor in this kind of immorality...all to make a few bucks. We are lied to 24/7 by the US government and the same state of affairs confronts our British cousins. This kind of 'prank' further degrades what whisps of ethics remain in Western society. Anything for a buck ...or a book or screenplay deal. -ed

An author has won a lucrative publishing contract after staging a hoax involving a baby "dragon" to launch his writing career.

Allistair Mitchell had grown frustrated after being rejected by countless publishers and agents, so he devised an elaborate way of creating interest in his book before any pages had been printed.

Mr Mitchell, who writes under the pen name P R Moredun, invented a tale about a dragon being found in a garage last year.

Stories ran in the media in January claiming that German scientists had created the specimen in the 1890s, suspended it in formaldehyde and sent it to the Natural History Museum.

Their aim was to dupe their British counterparts, with whom they were said to have an intense rivalry.

But, so the story went, the museum dismissed the matter as a hoax and the "dragon" was spirited away by a museum porter and later found in the garage.

In fact, the dragon was created by Crawley Creatures, the model makers behind the BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs television series, and the jar in which it was stored was made by a glass-blowing studio in the Isle of Wight.

Mr Mitchell, 42, of Oxford, has now signed an exclusive deal with Waterstone's for his book Unearthly History, a thriller for adults and children and featuring, of course, a dragon.

He said: "Essentially I created the hoax to market my book even before it was published."

A spokesman for Waterstone's said: "My bet is that it is going to be a big seller because of the hoax - but also because it is a great book and people will recommend it to others."

� Copyright of Telegraph Group Limited 2004. www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/03/29
/ndrag29.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/03/29/ixhome.html

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It looks fake only becuase the "dragon" is to clear compared to the rest of the picture.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

P.S. This picture also looks like Utah last year when it was on fire, too. Do you know where this picture came from?

It's from Arizona.

I've seen this pic before. It's supposed to be the "Arizona Devil". The American Southwest's answer to the "Jersy Devil". I think that it's a fake.

[Edited on 3/29/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

You did work on all those Godzilla movies, didn't you!

Sorry, but I don't believe dragons to have existed outside of just being dinosaurs.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
have to go with the family, its too fakey for me due to the fact the dragon stands out very clear

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I'd have to agree with everyone else, it looks a little too fake. first, the image of the dragon is clearer than the rest of the photo. second, according to the scale, it's the size of a building. and third, it looks orange and green.

Seeing as it COULD be an unknown creature, it could be any colour or any size.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well you all got me there. Guess it is fake... But... It still looks good!!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Fake ? - surely not

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
LOL that's great Pisky. Anywho, it looks more like a Gryphon than a dragon to me because the wings have what looks like a 'featherd' look to them.

But I have no choice but to agree with the rest of the folks and say it's fake.

Cool pic though. I've never seen that one before.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thats well good hehe! But i still think its real prrrr!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It very well could be one of those damn pesky flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Here ya go.

www.bboard.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Anonymous that baby dragon looks like a raptor from a jurassic park movie
doesnt look like a baby dragon at all to me just looks like a dinosaur.

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by ShadowMan]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join