It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan hit by US again!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Pakistan hit by US again!!

www.thenews.com.pk

MIRANSHAH: A suspected missile strike by US spy drones destroyed a vehicle and a house in tribal area bordering Afghanistan Friday, killing at least 21 people, security officials said.

Two missiles were involved in the strike west of Mir Ali, a town in the troubled North Waziristan tribal region that is a known hub of Al-Qaeda and Taliban militants, they said.

The attack came just two days after Pakistan, a key ally in the US-led "war on terror", summoned Washington's ambassador to Islamabad to receive a strong protest over a number of similar strikes.

The latest targeted an Al-Qaeda operative, possibly an Iraqi, but officials citing local intelligence reports said he was not believed to be among the dead.

Officials gave the targeted militant's name as Abu Akasa Al-Iraqi. Local residents said the strike hit the house of a Pakistani tribesman named Amanullah Dawar.

It was the 17th such strike in the past 10 weeks, according to sources.

A strike on Sunday killed senior Taliban commander Haji Omar Khan, a lieutenant of veteran Afghan Taliban chieftain and former anti-Soviet fighter Jalaluddin Haqqani.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Another strike by the US killing 21 peolple. I wonder what will happen next...Maybe nothing, i have no idea, it's been a couple of strike in the last weeks...Let me know what you think..................................................................................................................

www.thenews.com.pk...

www.thenews.com.pk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by airlouche

This is getting out of hand i think, im wondering why the pakistani military hasnt done anything yet..

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Perhaps they feel guilty about letting the Taliban and AQ operating on their soil.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just a bit of an update. I noticed another article on it. This one from the BBC and has a bit more info on Abu Akash.

BBC

Local officials told the BBC that at 2030 (1430 GMT), a drone fired two missiles and destroyed the target - a house in the Esori area about 30km from the town of Mirali.

They confirmed that Abu Akash was inside the building when the attack took place.

Abu Akash was a well-known militant in the region and had been living in the area near Mir Ali since coming from Afghanistan in 2002.

He was believed to have gone to Afghanistan to fight against the Soviets in the late 1980s, or during the time of the Taleban in the mid-1990s.

Abu Akash, who was born in Iraq, came to notoriety last year when he issued a video that called for attacks against coalition forces in their territories, says the BBC's Syed Shoaib Hassan.

He was also said to have recently broken away from the main al-Qaeda entity and formed his own group.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Guys, I wouldn't trust any news coming out from "www.thenews.com.pk". Its run by religious extremists. Try confirming the the news from some authentic news agency.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

This is getting out of hand i think, im wondering why the pakistani military hasnt done anything yet..

Because the Pakistani govenment know all about these attacks and approved them. They just express outrage to appease the population that is mostly anti-american and pro-taliban. The Pakistan goventment want the US to do their dirty work. They are very afraid of the Taliban gaining power in Pakistan and they can't go in and do it themself because it would not go over well with the population. The Pakistanis were the biggest ally of the Taliban in Afganistan.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Erasurehead]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by the_spark

I found an article on CNN

Looks like another we think we hit a Taliban target while Pakastanis claim we did not and just bombed some "Joe-Six-Pack."

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by Truther

Because the Pakistani govenment know all about these attacks and approved them. They just express outrage to appease the population that is mostly anti-american and pro-taliban. The Pakistan goventment want the US to do their dirty work. They are very afraid of the Taliban gaining power in Pakistan and they can't go in and do it themself because it would not go over well with the population. The Pakistanis were the biggest ally of the Taliban in Afganistan.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Erasurehead]

Well spotted Erasurehead. I think this what is commonly known as 'real politique'.

Case in point, while the Israeli airforce was buzzing the Syrian presidential palace, the US contracted to Syria the torture of extremist suspects it rendered there on secret flights. Had the Iraq war not occurred rendition flights would also have been going to Bagdad and Saddam Hussein would have gladly gnawed on the bones of suspects on commission.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by masonwatcher]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

Amaxium if your avatar cat had been black, it would be my spitting image. And for the second line, you make an exceedingly good point.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We are out sealing our own doom.

I can only hope that somehow....something great happens and changes the world for the better. Because right now...the way things look...we are going to destroy ourselves.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Someone is covering their tracks. There are a lot of people hiding in Pakistan that know too much and they can't be allowed to survive past the Bush presidency. Its now clear that these people are of no use so they have to be disposed of. Get them wherever you can.

top topics

join