It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian man lives normal life with a still heart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I found this interesting article from finnish paranormal blog.

Pravda

Numerous additional medical examinations could only prove the previous result: the man's heart was not beating. When doctors were checking Nikolai out of the hospital, they told him about the remarkable peculiarity of his cardiovascular system. At present moment Nikolai visits a local cardio-center once in a month to have his unique heart examined.

”When doctors told me about my heart, I was shocked. I was afraid to walk and even to breath. I was panicking all the time: I thought that blood

would stop flowing through my body and I would just die. Then I got used to it. Now I can even forget about it at times,” Nikolai said.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
What an interesting condition, I often wondered if it were possible now I guess I have my answer.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
With all due respect...actually forget that here is the song and it goes like this, wake up and smell the coffee its Pradva ---> fantasy enters left stage and doesn't leave until you click the X that closes your browser.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think it's real I have heard of this before the cardiovascular system in some people can pump blood without the back up of the heart.

Rare but it happens.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hande

I am extremely reluctant to believe this story.

I am also reluctant to believe the the hospital would even release a man in that condition.

Are there any more sources for this story that you know of?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I really want to know how the blood circulates.
Im finding it hard to believe that subconscious will power alone drives the blood through the arteries.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yeah...I'm a little confused about this one as well. Having my sophomoric level of knowledge about the human anatomical makeup...I was completely under the impression that the heart was the circulatory force-the only circulatory force. Now, I am not stating that there could not/ is not a mutation that would cause the circulatory function to be altered in some way, but to have a non-functioning heart and still have circulation? I am at a loss as to how...

I am on the search for some corroborative articles...More to come!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm just a dumb 'ol EMT, but I find this difficult to buy into. The ONLY reason I could think of, and it's a LOOONG shot, is Peristalsis.
Peristalsis

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The story is suspicious for sure, considering the source.

However, if you consider *other* areas of the body that pump liquids (you know what/where!) it's not totally unreasonable to believe that other parts of the body can pump blood, in theory.

Just imagine the implications of being able to get the veins / arteries to take over. Nice redundant pump system!!! Life extension implications? Imagine a near solid state circulatory system. Eating heart healthy is still a good idea though as capillaries will still clog.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Maybe you can live with a still heart, but you can't live with still blood. Something has to keep it flowing.

It seems the consensus on ATS though is that Pravda is the Russian version of the 'National Enquirer'. I can't vouch either way...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It might not be this easy. Apparently the heart isn't just the pump.

The heart, long thought to be little more than a muscle that pumps blood, has been shown to produce biologically powerful substances that probably act as hormones.

The researchers said the chemicals made in the heart probably act as hormones important to the function of the kidneys and the circulatory system. A hormone is a substance produced by one organ to circulate through the body and affect distant tissues. Because the heart substances have not been found in the blood, the scientists said it was still premature to call them hormones.

Heart is said to make chemicals that work as hormones inbody.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've never heard such a thing, and though I try never to make judgments on stories called fact, this one I very much doubt, there is not enough strength in the bodies Arteries etc, to pump blood around the body.

The Human body needs a certain amount of pressure to open valves found all around our bodies to allow blood to flow one way and not another, if this pressure is not there, then the blood will back flow, and that would create a lack of oxygen, the person with this condition would be in agony as their muscles began to die from lack of oxygen.

Ever had cramp? imagine that everywhere you have a muscle.

I can't think of a reason someone would make up such a story? what would it achieve?

What a daft World we live in, and becoming stranger every day..

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I try not to believe the Russians when they come out with some sort of 'fantastic' story such as this. I've heard them claim something before ( I work with Gold Bars in the Bank I work at, and the Bullion market was told that there is no such thing ( there still ISN'T ) as a 100 percent PURE Gold bar, but the Russians claimed to have made one. They wont let anyone test it thought. There will always be impurities added in the smelting process and even touching it adds impurities, so when the Russians claim to have a guy who's still alive with a still heart I'm afraid I'll take it with a pinch of salt and put it with the 100% Pure Gold bar story.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's the Pravda, guys. DOn't believe even a word

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Now I have heard of the artaries constricting to help with blood flow in people that have low blood pressure.(ME) But never with the heart not beating, I would be curious to see if perhaps his blood is being "pumped" strickly by his artaries. But as far as his heart not beating at all, I am not so sure,cant see it happening. Besides if it did indeed "not" pump it would be a mooshy mass just like any muscle that is not used will revert to.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Wow.

Not one zombie joke. Not one. Near Halloween even.

As long as the dude doesn't start craving BBBRRRAAAAIIINNNNSSSSS!!!! it's all good.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Wow.

Not one zombie joke. Not one. Near Halloween even.
:

That is incredibly funny

LOL

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is absolutely stupid.
How could anyone believe this.
Pravda nonsense.
Without a beating heart, you have no blood flow, and no oxygen to the brain.
The only man who actually lived without a heart beat, was the guy who had an artificial heart pump.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This same story was told in Ripleys Believe it or not book. I don't think that they would do it just from one article from the Pravda. So my opinion is that at least this man exists.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
yeah, a bit ridiculous to think that this is real. Without blood flow, no oxygen which is bad news....just like Pravda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join