It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subtle sound waves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hearing is an amazing thing.
I love to listen to music, the wind, and all sorts of things.
I also like to try to meditate and listen to the sounds around me to try and see with my minds eye what is going on around me.
This has somewhat worked as I have described elsewhere on ATS.
However there is something else that has been happening that I have no accounting for.
I am not making this up.
I'm only looking for possible answers and to see if anyone else has experienced this type of thing and might be able to shed some light on the matter.
I hear a weird frequency.
It's as if my ears were listening to another range of audible noise.
Not the same thing as sound but something else, on top of what is sound.
It's like I am sensing with a different type of ears that are picking up the hum of energy or electricity.

Now to rule out a few things.
It's not HAARP, or is it?
I do not have tinnitus or any other type of hearing disorder.
I'm not hearing my own heartbeat.
It's not the sounds of the area I live in.
I am not crazy, contrary to popular belief.
I am not making this up as I go along.

Possibilities.
I would have just chalked it up to being nuts, until I came across the following here.
The so called solar heartbeat is similar to what I hear.

Keep in mind that I have to make a definite effort to control my breathing and relax myself. I also need relative quiet and darkness.
I first noticed this when I was taking a nap in my car one day. I tend to not drift fully off to sleep, being outside in a car and all, and I believe that has something to do with it.
I can selectively focus on my hearing when I am deeply relaxed.
Once again, The sounds here are strangely similar.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Questions too..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well when I worked construction and we would be on the way to a job site assuming I wasn't driving. I would fall asleep and as I dozed off would hear a simular sound to that in the truck just always chalked it up to the truck/car as I never hear it when I go to sleep in my bed.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You may want to get your hearing tested.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
You may want to get your hearing tested.

Thanks for the one liner.

As stated:
I do not have tinnitus or any other type of hearing disorder.

I would call this phenomenon something along the lines of infra sound.
Not specifically saying it is infra sound I am hearing. Just something like it perhaps.

[edit on 26/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Sometimes a 'one liner' is all that is needed. When is the last time you had your hearing checked?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Are you saying the sound you are hearing is somewhat like the 'solar heart beat' or very similar to it?

How often do you hear it? How long have you been hearing it?

Has anyone else heard it where you live?

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Are you saying the sound you are hearing is somewhat like the 'solar heart beat' or very similar to it? Similar, YES.

How often do you hear it? When I meditate and when I am almost asleep.

How long have you been hearing it? Noticed it about 4 yrs ago.

Has anyone else heard it where you live? The person who taught me to meditate has claimed to hear it, as well as a friend of mine whom I had not told anything of this to asked me if I ever heard anything weird while asleep.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

How similar is it? It sounds just like it or?.... does it also sound like something else you can reference?

You first heard it four years when you were meditating, half-sleeping? So was there something new about your life then (4 years ago)? Any changes?

Can you recall a time when you heard it while you were active and or when there was a lot of other noises? Or has it just been when things are more calm and quiet?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So, considering that you aren't even willing to answer when the last time you had a hearing test was, I am going to continue with the understand that it hasn't been very recently.

Get a hearing test.

Have you blood pressure monitored.

Sounds more like a vascular problem than a hearing problem, to be honest, but it's important to cover the bases.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Sounds more like a vascular problem than a hearing problem,

Can you describe more about a vascular problem that would produce these auditory symptoms?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Very interesting, When you find out what it is, let us know and I mean that seriously.........And a ear check up would at least eliminate one solution. could be some type of ultra sounds or Earth sounds?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Right off the top of my head, I would say something like hyperacusis combined with high blood-pressure.

Perhaps the young man is over-weight (which accounts for the high-blood pressure) and suffers from depression (which can trigger Hyperacusis in some cases).

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

So essentially you are saying that he is hearing his own heart beat?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It makes the most sense, doesn't it?

He hears it when he is relaxed and/or near asleep, and he says it sounds like a HEARTBEAT.. this really doesn't seem at all complicated.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

My apologies, I would have thought it was clear that I do not have hearing problems by my previous statements.
I was mistaken.
I have an annual physical as a requirement of employment at my job.
I pay to have my eyes and "hearing" checked as well because it's not covered under my physical but I have good insurance. That being said I had a hearing test last Feb. This phenomenon is what prompted this test as well. I have mentioned this to the Dr. as well and she jokingly suggested a mental health evaluation. But in actuality she suggested that there are a lot of things that modern medicine just does not understand and being a spiritual person herself urged me to continue meditation to seek the answer. Now that my medical background has been sufficiently covered to the extent of which I will not go any further into, I suppose the next question would be regarding a mental health evaluation as noted before.
Without going into tremendous detail, I am a stable individual and do not exhibit any sort of deviant behavior. I do however exhibit unusual insights on certain areas of content as described by professionals. The fact that I have seen a professional is not grounds to assume anything about my mental stability. I have my own reasons for doing so.
Now that this has hopefully been cleared up to the mutual satisfaction of us all, I would like to continue with the matter at hand.
As I have stated before the apparent sounds seem to be layered on top of the normal sounds anyone might perceive in an everyday life.
They are not internal save for the fact that I am perceiving them.
And to end the cardiovascular problem once and for all, I have heard my on heartbeat before and does not coincide with the patterns of noise I have heard.
And once again it is during meditation that this happens, While it has been known to happen during the transitional period of sleep, which I will attribute to the relaxed state of being.
I really would like nothing more than to know a simple answer, but I do feel something else is involved.
There has often been talk of some people that hear some noises that are sometimes attributed to HAARP, tectonic activity, electrical impulses misinterpreted by the brain, etc...
The HUM I believe.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You answered everything to satisfy my curiousity in this thread.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Your welcome.
Any suggestions that might offer an explanation?

As mentioned before, the HUM?
en.wikipedia.org...
I think I am in the wrong area geographically.
But who the heck knows?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It makes the most sense, doesn't it?

He hears it when he is relaxed and/or near asleep, and he says it sounds like a HEARTBEAT.. this really doesn't seem at all complicated.

Actually I think it might be something else, but very much along these lines.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

If you reply to my last post.

And

And to end the cardiovascular problem once and for all, I have heard my own heartbeat before and does not coincide with the patterns of noise I have heard.

What is different about the 'pattern' itself then? Is it faster or slower in rhythm to your heart? Something else that distinguishes it from the heart beat?

FYI I do have an alternative idea, I am just waiting for more input

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

It's damn about time someone was hearing this electrical like noise. I've heard it since my teen years. I actually talked to a few people about this. They had experienced it too and are all considered "psychics".

Edit: Can u hear a dog whistle too?

[edit on 27-10-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join