It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Breaking News need 50 words?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Does Breaking News need 50 words?

Just a thought, But do we really need to post 50 of our own words when it is breaking news. When it Breaking News there is not much to say untill it develops and when breaking news is posted as a new thread it is for new info to start a thread.
We can have our say and hopfully alot more than 50 words when all the news of whats happening gets out there.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

Just say the same thing over and over again, more than once, repeat it, be redundant, cover old ground, rehash, rephrase, double-talk, speak out of both sides of your mouth...did I get to 50 words?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Johnny_Utah_

Just say the same thing over and over again, more than once, repeat it, be redundant, cover old ground, rehash, rephrase, double-talk, speak out of both sides of your mouth...did I get to 50 words?
naaah,that was just thirty six words. 50 words isn't that many,and if you're quoting from a news source,then you could just CnP some of that into your 50 words surely.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I just had the same problem, I did add anything of value with my 50 words.
My 50 words were longer than the news story itself.
I would rather add a story, then post after I had done some research.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
True True, But thats my point, Why, if we all copy and paste or go over and over the same old crap, There's no point .I think maybe its so the MODS have not got heaps of the same thread popping up all over the place, But with breaking news there's not much stuff to say.
I understand if it beacuse of the new thread popping up, but what are to do- cheat?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Is fifty words really that hard? If most people had so little to say, all these cell phones would be sitting idle. Instead, half the population can't drive four blocks to buy bread without talking on the phone.

There must have been something about a story that got your interest, so all you need to do is explain what you were thinking when you saw the story wherever it was that you found it.

And a story without commentary, NOT cut and paste either, is a requirement.

(I wrote those 5 sentences ,with about 80 words, in less than 30 seconds while drinking a beer.
)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is a website about intelligent dicussion. You should provide your opinion and sum up what the news post is all about and how it will affect/cause havoc, ect ect. And you'll probaly have way past 50 words. Seriously though, one liner news posts would suck.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Yes you are right, all bow to you the MOD!
Buts when its Breaking News then we want it out there quick so we can look all over the web for it and then start the thread the way it sould be - NO?
Or are are you just picking on me?
Do you miss my point?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by freemindmine
reply to post by NGC2736

Yes you are right, all bow to you the MOD!
Buts when its Breaking News then we want it out there quick so we can look all over the web for it and then start the thread the way it sould be - NO?
Or are are you just picking on me?
Do you miss my point?

It’s more reason to add valued discussion if you ask me. 50 words should not take longer than a minute or two for most forum posters, news posted without an opinion or summary doesn't give appetite for discussion, people need too agree/disagree/add too your views
It's not much

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Why would I be picking on you? I just pointed out that cranking out a few words of your own on a subject wasn't that hard. (Now if you're the lady who cut me off in traffic yesterday as she pulled out of a driveway, talking on her cell phone, and then drove a quarter mile to a store, yes, I'm out to get you.
)

But the T&C does call for personal comment. And I didn't make that rule.

new topics

top topics

join