It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to survive an interstellar war on our soil..?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hypothetically...if a coupla alien races showed up on earth,not so much interested in invading us as fighting each other,how would we go about surviving this?

would governments of the world join different sides of the alien factions?
would poeple be pitted agianst each other?
would nuclear war,against either each other or the alien races on our soil occur?
how would YOU go about fighting this?

thanks,

SWC

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
We would survive it to the same extent that we would survive any potential war with an alien race: we wouldn't. Any civilization capable of travelling light years to reach earth will almost certainly be invulnerable to our weapons and could detect us individually anywhere we went. There would be no way to hide and no way to fight back.

The only way we would survive is if they decided to stop the war.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
i think we would probably end up destroying ourselves trying to get rid of any alien threat on earth.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seriously,who cares?

Why would aliens come all the way to Earth just to fight each other?

And we would most likely die.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Aside from the 'Why Earth' question, that is assuming aliens decided to fight each other on Earth, we'd be dead. As vor said, anything capable of travveling across space and quite possibly manipulating matter itself would likely rape us three ways from sunday. Of course,it depends ont he races involved, perhaps we'd be evauated and the other factions would jsut use our planet, or perhaps we'd be meat shields.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Briles
i think we would probably end up destroying ourselves trying to get rid of any alien threat on earth.

True point, I think it would result in earth been destroyed by its own weapons. There would be no fast cooperation between nations, the first nuke released at an alien ship would result in a chain reaction!

SR

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Go underground would probably be our only hope and even then only small numbers could go underground and have a chance of surviving.

And even that's long shot in the first place i also subscribe to the belief we'd probably all be wiped out before we had the chance.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
so noone would even think about grabbing a shotgun and going guerilla,fighting just for their survival in a harsh environment??

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I would, I'd probably be allot happier in that sort of world than the one I currently reside in anyway.

I don't see any issues repelling an Alien Invasion, none at all.

There are 2 options, either they demonstrate they don't care about Earth and Frag it

In that scenario you have to simply hide and survive when they are gone

The other scenario, they wish to keep the planet

In that case, you accept the losses you do, survive and then they have to hold you on the ground and as anyone knows, thats where things even up quite nicely, particularly if your Enemy happens to be some advanced Grey race with skinny bodies and pencil necks that you can snap with a quick shot to the head if you happen to be a Giant Earth Ape

Now if Cloverfield is the invader, then you might have yet another insane set of issues

Your best bet at that point, given the Gigantism factor is to let it win, then take the cockroach approach and make a pest of yourself by living in the walls of it's houses and breeding prolifically, stow away on it's space ships and invade the Galaxy by proxy in it's cargo, waiting for the day the Bubonic Plague that you carry wipes out their species.

Theme of the book, "Of Men and Monsters"

But there is always a way to survive, defeatism isn't in my nature

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
And seriously, I think we should first strike even if they aren't aggressive. It's what the human race needs, we are warlike mammals, we organize, it's part of our sexuality and nature to be aggressive.

Even if they frag 2/3rds of us at first, the human race united in war against a common enemy would be the best scenario for the survival of the human race long term, left alone we will kill ourselves untied in a fight.

I would really hate to be the aliens, no matter what technology they have, I have seen them, they have eyes balls and flesh, nothing to worry about we are far more inventive in acts of destructive nature and , we are just held back like this.

We need a good war vs the aliens, we would seriously be at our best as a species

If I was president of the NWO, I'd be aiming everything off world, space ship after space ship, and sending us to every corner of the Galaxy...

Lets face it...

Alien Invasion?

Naw, not anytime soon, we scare them pants less, they won't even land they corner us in the mountains and shine bright lights on us and stun us ... they are scared to even get close they know if we do a guy like me is going to start waxing them left and right. They mob on us with high tech alone when we least expect it, tired after a 6 hr drive or when we are asleep in bed

We intimidate the heck out of the Aliens and we should know that by now.

Everyone thinks they have super high tech, no way... not in terms of war, they stink at it compared to us, they must, they don't have the stomach for it, our apes go out into the field with giant explosions going off around their heads and some of us come back home and just make more babies lol

we always hear about the 10% or so who suffer post traumatic stress syndrome

how about the other 90% that don't or the 25% that LOVE IT

I'd like to see a Grey take shrapnel and then go back in for another tour, never going to happen, ever!

And the Nordics? Yeah, interrupt that VIBE with a tazer and watch them hand over the mother ship, no one trains them to deal with us by
locking them in a room with tear gas.

People live in the cities we nuked on this Planet

We are like Rats on steroids

PUHLEASE

War with US?

Go ahead make my day

Best they stick to kidnapping and reprogramming Government officials that's all they got.

United, lets sick Allah on them LOL, make peace with our boys in the middle east and show them some Love Earth style Together, They won't get Bin Laden Either, he's holed up in a Cave with a Dialysis machine and G-d told him not to come out until the Death Toll hit 10 Million lol

We got 1.5 Billion Chinese guys, Russians in subs with Nukes all over the world US soldiers every where, robot bugs, we can refit, 60,000 Nukes between us and Russia in under 90 days

Park that fleet in orbit lil Grey boys, lets see if you can actually stop 60,000 warheads, what is this Independence day, they don't have shields, if they did their craft wouldn't run from our fighters...

We have a Billion hungry Africans, They Eat us? I say... Grey is the other White Meat! Land that craft in Somalia Tough guys

Make use of the Big Dogs from that other thread... how long can a Grey Run? When was their last Olympics?

Please, Invade us...

They are too scared to talk to us, they have no idea what to do with us, Invade, yeah, get us to kill ourselves via manipulations, that's the real plan

They'd last a few years at best before we drove them from Earth once we knew their bases, maybe a decade in the solar system

What will they do, blow the whole world, that maybe they could do... but Obviously they don't want to do that.

I say get one of Bin Ladens boys to strap an anti matter bomb to his chest and tell them if they don't leave that WE will blow the heck out of the place ourselves...

Watch them talk terms of surrender in under an hr.

All comedy aside, we obviously have something they want, they can't fight us and they don't want the Earth destroyed the reality is, the situation is completely under our control, call the bluff, start the fight.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I'd never thought of it like that...

Great post.

ET - BRING IT ON!!!

Let's see you hit downtown Liverpool on a Saturday night. I've give you 30 minutes before you're wiped out and the sound of 'You'll never walk alone' is reverberating around the streets as broken grey bodies lay in the gutter, motionless.

Peace (kinda),

MGGG

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

haha! That's the Human spirit I know and Love.

Seriously, they really have nothing on us, our governments and leaders are made scared by the talk of sissy scientists who Fear what they don't know.

Common sense dictates... this Planet is a Prize and we occupy it by the Billions, Cockroach proportions and everything I see says in a ground fight we are the more primative species, bigger, strong more capable of face to face barbarism.

All they have is fear and manipulation, they could never take the planet unless we (as we likely are) hand it over to them not without destroying it.

I have honestly always thought, the reason the whole cold war and allot of this NWO stuff feels so contrived... is because it's the way we are building the arsenal to do exactly that to them...

I think, it's all a show to reach a point to turn the tables on the aliens, thats why they buzz our nuke sites, demonstrating what edges they have...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
im sure it would be entertaining to them considering how feeble and pathetic our race is in comparison

it would be the equivalent of us wiping out a colony feral dogs

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Unless they have mind control them we're screwed.

Might need to keep at least one tin foil factory up and running in that case lol...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

I think that the greys have established a network of spies
or scouts, if you will, here on earth to evaluate our habits
and behaviors.

My cat is one of them.

She will just sit and stare at me and my wife for more than
10 minutes multiple times a day.

I have woke from a dead sleep to find her right at my
side staring at me.
She does not meow, very bizarre for a cat.
She will stand upright and can hold that position for
well over 1 minute.
She seems to be fascinated by electronic devices such as
the television, computer, radio.

When I look back at her and speak, she only looks away
and stares at someone or something else.
My other cat gets all excited and rolls over for belly scratching.

She will run and hide even if I only give her a mean look, my
other cat just looks back at me like "whatever"
She absolutely hates the mechanical sounds that a firearm
will make, the slide, the magazine being inserted.

In fact, she is staring at me and the keyboard right at the
same moment I am typing this post.

Anyone seen my tinfoil hat so I can block her ?

Anyway I agree with mopus, that we would be an unbeatable
opponent for them.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
only way to survive this one is to join our alien overlords.

Me,betray our goverments? The ones who "protect me"?

Too bloody right

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think that the greys have established a network of spies
or scouts, if you will, here on earth to evaluate our habits
and behaviors.

My cat is one of them.

She will just sit and stare at me and my wife for more than
10 minutes multiple times a day.

I have woke from a dead sleep to find her right at my
side staring at me.
She does not meow, very bizarre for a cat.
She will stand upright and can hold that position for
well over 1 minute.
She seems to be fascinated by electronic devices such as
the television, computer, radio.

When I look back at her and speak, she only looks away
and stares at someone or something else.
My other cat gets all excited and rolls over for belly scratching.

She will run and hide even if I only give her a mean look, my
other cat just looks back at me like "whatever"
She absolutely hates the mechanical sounds that a firearm
will make, the slide, the magazine being inserted.

In fact, she is staring at me and the keyboard right at the
same moment I am typing this post.

Anyone seen my tinfoil hat so I can block her ?

Anyway I agree with mopus, that we would be an unbeatable
opponent for them.

Apologies if this ends as a double post, my first did not show up.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
conventional weapons will be shat on by super intelects whats the point of taking on a pysical form and attacking a bunch of toilet trained chimps h

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriot36

have you tried throwing water over her,to see if she changes back into her original form?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ben420

Why would aliens come to earth to fight each other? Ummm, any reason.

Who knows? Maybe earth has a rare substance that would be worth fighting, like gold, water, human meat. Perhaps one alien race wants to enslave earth and the other wants to prevent it from happening.

Sit back and think about it. It is easy to come up with a bunch of scenarios. Heck, scifi books are a great source of entertainment.

As for surviving an alien war, it would be very difficult for humans to put up a fight with advanced alien species who can travel between stars. It won't be like ID4 where an Apple laptop saves the day (that always cracks me up).

Imagine 21st Century US military going against 16th Century Europe. It would be a slaughter. To the 16th Century Europeans, 21st Century technology would be seen as magic. Of course, that's if alien technology is only 500 years more advanced than ours.

How can we perceive a civilization who's technology is 1,000 years in advance? Or 10,000 years? Or even 1,000,000 years in advance? Its beyond our comprehension.

For humans, actions depend on the variety of people. You will either have: 1) people who submit immediately; 2) side with aliens and sell out their fellow man; 3) fight to the bitter end.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by guppy]

<<   2 >>

join