It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 721
<< 718  719  720    722  723  724 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ireland's new government on a collision course with EU

Ireland's new government is headed for confrontation with Brussels after the country's ruling party was wiped out on Saturday by voters in a huge popular backlash against a European-IMF austerity programme.

Exit polls and early tallies from Ireland's general election heralded political annihilation for Fianna Fail (FF), the party which has ruled Ireland for more than 60 years of the Irish Republic's eight decades of independence.

The unprecedented and historic defeat, Fianna Fail's worst result in 85 years, makes the Irish government the first eurozone administration to be punished by voters in the aftermath of the EU's debt crisis. Voter turn-out was exceptionally high at more than 70 per cent, indicating public anger at the government and the EU.

OH YEAH BABY! REVOLUTION IN IRELAND!!!!!!!

The EU is finally gonna get what it deserves! A government that stands up to their people. Iceland did the same thing... but they weren't part of the EU.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I am still waiting when the American public will take to the streets and do something, because I will love to be one of them.

What kind of punishment will be applied here in America for all those politicians that are selling America for money.

All around me I been listening to the complains of old and young about gas, food and everything prices, people are getting frustrated.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It will never end well. Sad but true, they are well connected and determined, and if the elite group gets taken down then they will take as many of us down with them as possible. Besides almost all of the young people with enough emotion or determination to resist are medicated into a trance state nowadays. America is paying the price for the last two or three generations lack of vigilance and abundance of suggestibility, the longer the wait the harder it will be to resist here. The loopholes are closing now...

...There may be revolts, possibly even riots, but for most they will spring from emotion rather than intelligent resistance, and will therefore be able to be pushed in any direction by the propaganda and manipulation machine. The core of intelligent resisters will retreat once again, or be dealt with... Either way, not much good I can see unless people educate themselves instead of blabbering about how government doesn't provide for them (education, money, safety, etc.). Thats all Problem reaction solution and brainwashing based. The law of the jungle is being put back in now, slowly but surely, survival of the fittest is being re-inserted in lazy stupid countries degree by degree. Anger is expected, I'm sure they are more than prepared. The period after will be interesting...
edit on 1-3-2011 by time91 because: 2nd paragraph

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

In my opinion it will only take one intrusion into the fine and fake line of the America stability to tilt the balance and chaos will reign.

Americas government is nothing but a charade and once it gets off balance the powers that be will lose control easily, when people food chain gets cut off and their hand outs stop they will take to the streets, that is why is so much energy put by our elite control government to keep the economy in a false sense of stability to keep the people happy and from rioting in the streets.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The way I see it. Americans won't protest like the middle east. They are too lackadaisical to do that. Its going to take a lot of rights being revoked before they even think about protesting. Most of the younger generation is so facebook oriented, that many of them won't leave their computers to protest. Its more important to them to see their friends latest status, or hear about how drunk they got the night before. That's all that matters to them. The only time I can see real protests taking place is if they cut off cells phones and internet like in egypt then we would have full blown protests country wide. But that will never happen. The entire government will collapse long before protests country wide will take place.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I think these scenarios have been planned for, not unexpected. If we can sit here and analyze current events, along with the inevitable demise of unbacked paper currency's use, and domestic and foreign policies of deception and aggression, and know a radical change and temporary collapse is coming, I'm certain think tanks told leaders this years ago. There is always a period of chaos between two systems of order, the question is will the vision (positive or negative) come close to the reality. Vision usually doesn't make the leap over chaos to reality...

Like I said the PTB are much more organized and even in a collapse scenario more powerful than the masses, although in a situation like that I'm sure many of them will be harmed.

I just don't think most americans will be able to get past the shock stage quick enough and will be psychologically assaulted in many ways during the anger phase, after that its game over for those operating on the emotional level, a vast majority.
edit on 1-3-2011 by time91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So according to the latest numbers I've calculated... the US will hit the debt ceiling around March 20.

US debt as of February 28 : 14.194 trillion $.
Debt ceiling : 14.294 trillion $.
Current GDP (Q4 2010) : 14.660 trillion

Debt rate for the fiscal year : 583.91 billion/150 days : 3.89 billion/day
Debt rate for the year : 359.84 billion/59 days : 6.09 billion/day

Average of 4.99 billion/day...

100 billion left for debt ceiling : 20 days till debt ceiling
466 billion left till 100% of GDP : 93 days till 100% of GDP

Debt ceiling reached around March 20 (maximum)
100% of GDP reached around June 1

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Free trade and corporate America whores in congress killing jobs for Americas people and they are no done yet because it means more money from the pimps to congress at the expenses of American jobs.

Disastrous Korean Trade Deal Will Soon Come to a Vote

The Korea-U.S. Trade Agreement (KORUS), which will cost America an estimated 159,000 jobs during the next seven years, is expected to be put to a vote this month.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
FAO food price index hits record high in February above level that sparked riots in 2008 - Reuters
af.reuters.com...

President Obama signs stop-gap spending bill to avoid government shutdown
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yeah, my husband was telling me yesterday how worry many of his co-workers were about the government extension, this is at our local military base.

I told him to tell them no to worry, I knew the extension was to come, after all the last thing the government wants is about 700,000 unhappy government workers to spark riots on an already volatile nation like ours with unemployment figures off the roof while other nations are rioting for less.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Anyone follow Reinhardts website?
He thinks the uprising in the middle east is staged and that it is to make what happens next seem like it was spontaneous and accidental. He thinks the protests are less to do with freedom and democracy in the east and more to do with anger over reckless immigration policies, cheap immigrant labor and globalisation which is why 32,000 cheap chinese laborers have departed Libya.
Interesting...

www.enterprisecorruption.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

LSB Industries, Inc. (LSB) is a diversified holding company. Its wholly-owned subsidiary, ThermaClime, Inc. (ThermaClime) through its subsidiaries, owns all of its businesses consisting of the Climate Control Business engaged in the manufacturing and selling of a range of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products... (more)

this stock zoomed up 13% on friday, surpassing it's 52 wk high by $3+...
i own ~50 shares of JCI a very viable competitor in the industrial building environment control business
...wonder whats in the pipeline that the 'Board' is leaking to the population/investors ?

merger- takeover ?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Lindsey Williams has a lot on that as well... More to do with how the uprisings are the culmination of a 40 year plan to rob the Mideast of their oil without letting them get too powerful. They will kill the value of the dollar and oil prices will skyrocket and then they will bring American oil production back on line with oil over $200 a barrel, making American oil execs some of the richest men on earth. He repeats "watch China, China's the big one, etc." over and over.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Greece just got trashed.

Greek Debt Rating Cut 3 Steps by Moody's on Rising Default Risk

Greece’s credit rating was cut three steps by Moody’s Investors Service, which cited the rising risk of default. Greek bonds fell and the Finance Ministry in Athens called the move “completely unjustified.”

The rating was lowered to B1, the same as Belarus and Bolivia, from Ba1 as Moody’s cited concerns that lagging tax collection and “implementation risks” would make it more difficult for the government to reach budget-cutting conditions of a 110 billion-euro ($154 billion) international bailout.

“The risk has materially increased of a default event,” said Sarah Carlson, Moody’s senior analyst for Greece said in a telephone interview today from London. “Our central view is that the Greek government will achieve its objectives and it won’t need to impose losses on credits, but there are material risks to that outcome.”

Greece is screwed.

Portugal, Ireland, Italy and Spain are next.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Greece just got trashed.

Greek Debt Rating Cut 3 Steps by Moody's on Rising Default Risk

Greece’s credit rating was cut three steps by Moody’s Investors Service, which cited the rising risk of default. Greek bonds fell and the Finance Ministry in Athens called the move “completely unjustified.”

The rating was lowered to B1, the same as Belarus and Bolivia, from Ba1 as Moody’s cited concerns that lagging tax collection and “implementation risks” would make it more difficult for the government to reach budget-cutting conditions of a 110 billion-euro ($154 billion) international bailout.

“The risk has materially increased of a default event,” said Sarah Carlson, Moody’s senior analyst for Greece said in a telephone interview today from London. “Our central view is that the Greek government will achieve its objectives and it won’t need to impose losses on credits, but there are material risks to that outcome.”

Greece is screwed.

Portugal, Ireland, Italy and Spain are next.

Moody´s is an American Rating Agency...

Why am i´m not suprised
They want to kill the Euro before or at the same Time they go down themselves,huh?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I didn't thought their insanity could be even more showing, but it seems to be the case :

Fed's Lockhart: Oil shock could lead to QE3

Arlington, Va. (CNNMoney) -- If oil prices continue to climb, it could force the Federal Reserve to make a new round of asset purchases, according to Atlanta Fed President Dennis Lockhart.

Appearing at the National Association of Business Economics in Arlington, Va., Lockhart said that while he doesn't think additional purchases are currently warranted, more stimulus could be needed if oil prices continue to climb.

GUESS WHAT YOU STINKING RATS, QE IS WHAT CREATED THIS WHOLE THING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Doing QE 3 will only MAKE IT WORSE.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Sadly we are an oil producing country that have a corporate owned government that has put our natural resources in the hands of private entities for profits.

Also, The dollar is been geared for a decline we have been warned and is about to happen within the next 10 years.

Why the Dollar's Reign Is Near an End

online.wsj.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The dollar is near it's end alright.

And the latest insanity from big government crazies :

I'm just speechless at this guy... seriously... send the guy to a communist mental hospital.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
And while all this sad business is happening in Japan.... America will reach it's debt ceiling soon... with no legislation about it near passing....

Not to mention the whole impact of Japan selling US treasuries could have on the dollar.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And while all this sad business is happening in Japan.... America will reach it's debt ceiling soon... with no legislation about it near passing....

Not to mention the whole impact of Japan selling US treasuries could have on the dollar.

let me add to that. the USA also has a cash flow problem www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 718  719  720    722  723  724 >>

join