It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 329
<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Look at the Hang Seng weekly chart, they had a steady decline from 23,000 to below 11,000 from August through November last year. Much more volatility in that market.

A report stating that the recession will be over in the US before 2010 is claiming unemployment will be near 9.3 percent at the end of 2010, up from the current 8.9 percent. The spin doctors are really whipping in the media so it will be interesting to see where the market sits after all the positive news gets priced in.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
IRS April returns down 34%...

IRS tax revenue falls along with taxpayers' income

By John Waggoner, USA TODAY

Federal tax revenue plunged $138 billion, or 34%, in April vs. a year ago — the biggest April drop since 1981, a study released Tuesday by the American Institute for Economic Research says.

When the economy slumps, so does tax revenue, and this recession has been no different, says Kerry Lynch, senior fellow at the AIER and author of the study. "It illustrates how severe the recession has been."

For example, 6 million people lost jobs in the 12 months ended in April — and that means far fewer dollars from income taxes. Income tax revenue dropped 44% from a year ago.

"These are staggering numbers," Lynch says.

Big revenue losses mean that the U.S. budget deficit may be larger than predicted this year and in future years.

"It's one of the drivers of the ongoing expansion of the federal budget deficit," says John Lonski, chief economist for Moody's Investors Service. The Congressional Budget Office projects a $1.7 trillion budget deficit for fiscal year 2009.

No big deal... everything is fine right? Israel about to attack Iran, NK going nuts again, Georgia leadership acting as a dictatorship and NATO supporting them...US dollar going down the drain...government grabbing power everywhere, trashing the constitution...GM going bankrupt...

Yeah the recovery is here!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Yeah no doubt..

Its almost a guarantee it seems that if we have a big day so will they..

Maybe we are missing the boat here?

So what? There will be plenty of more boats. "They" want people to chase this boat so they can move safely on port. My theory is, if you don't own a fund with customers and you don't need to trade, then chasing rallies is foolish. For me this is just fun anyway, it doesn't sustain me. I cannot imagine depending on the markets for income.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

By missing the boat, I mean playing the nikkei futures after a big dow gain.. I am going to investigate this further of course

And what is one mans trash is another mans treasure my friend

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Can't get past resistance...no way, no how....the bear rally is dead, it just doesn't realize it yet...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Of note on a personal level: within the past 48 hours,I have received two notices of business credit card accounts being cancelled.

Solid banks,have held the accounts for over 5 years and do not carry any revolving-credit,if they are used,they are paid off in full every month and were honestly valued by me for the "mileage points..."

Shut down cold as of May 29th..."reason is" that the trust that backs the cards business credit is out of money and will no longer be able to sustain any kind of business account.

I am retired and have other resources and options for credit cards but this is going to be a HUGE blow to many small business-owners who rely on this credit...high-limits are common when you get this type of card.

It will no doubt put some out of business if they can't get more credit with another bank and it can take a LONG time to build up such high-limite...I don't think many at all would issue right now...they're scroomed.

One week notice of closure.

The next wave is about to crash onto the shore peeps!

The rally hasn't got much behind it if it's all running out of money in "reality",sorry

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

This has been going on for quite some time. Before Christmas, a fellow business owner was paying his monthly statement and happened to notice that his APR went from 9.5 to 16.5 (he checked earlier statements and noticed the change). He was always on time (or earlier) in his payments and never made just the minimum payment. So he called the company and after a protracted run-around, he was told (quite rudely) "it is what it is". So he transferred the balance to another account.

At least three other business friends have had their line of credit vastly reduced or outright cancelled.

There is trouble in the wind. For sure.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Was one of your cards an Advanta card?

Advanta

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes...they've always been really good to do biz with and I will be sorry to no longer have the option!

It won't "affect" me much other than I'll need to switch a few auto-pays over to another account but the fact that it was within a week and that I know people who have TONS of credit with them that will no longer be available,it's alarming!

Edit: interesting article...had NO idea but then again,I never carried a balance so the percentage rates would haven't have been an issue.

I still had my design-biz when I got the card,it was not "easy" to get and honestly,they have been wonderful to deal with...you have to be a "small biz" and provide records as to credit-worthiness to have a card with them so OBVIOUSLY,many small-business owners are defaulting and in deep chit.

THIS is the crud that's going un-reported and un-talked about...did I say next "wave" about to hit?

It's a flippin' tsunami!!!

[edit on 27-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Bummer.....

But I know what I would do if I held any credit card that pulled that crap on me.....

Run it up to the max with things you need and never look at the statement again....eventually, they are going to call in their outstanding debt...all of it.....most people won't be able to do it and credit ratings will be destroyed anyway.....these companies will be reimbursed with our tax $$ anyway (this is happening right now)

Sound dangerous? I contend that credit ratings won't mean S@*& in the near future, and these companies intend to rob you...beat them to the punch!!

[edit on 27-5-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Where do you guys have credit cards? I have been pretty lucky with mine. They haven't been pulling any crap. I have a visa with BofA, mastercard with JP Morgan and Amex with American express. Do you guys have any cards with these banks/credit cards?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I don't have any credit cards.....I use a money market acct...but there are a whole slew of probs waiting to happen in the CC industry...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You know what that means right? with not jobs creations in a nation of nothing but consumers on credit the government have to find ways on how to squeezed the rest of the reminding tax payers in the nation.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

LOVE my AMEX and I have a "nice colored one" but honestly,not everyone takes it for shopping and in offices,etc because the merchant-rates are higher.It's more limited for my lifestyle.

The rural business owners here woul look at you like you had 20 heads if you handed them an AMEX for cattle feed!

Nope...nothin' I need to buy,card has been cut up and will simply rely on others that I have,one is on a money-market account as well, until/unless they too send me a letter,LOL!

Probably why Advanta only gave a few days notice? So people don't go and run up all their credit???

Just sooooooo scroomed.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

LOVE my AMEX and I have a "nice colored one"

an Amex Centurion?

Lots of interesting things you can do with that one...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Meanwhile, back in the market...10 year treasury sale = EPIC FAIL..

Spiking interest rates...Bernanke's plan is dooooooooooomed

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The false recovery, how Obama trillion dollar spending is what boosted the so call economical recovery of the past two months.

But be aware people because after the prop "recovery" the fall will be worst than the last time as our nation is steadily running out of money.

Recovery to be Followed by a Fall

The so-called “recovery” seen in the United States over the past two months may be nothing more than a blip on the economic radar. Stock markets plummeted more than fifty percent during the first year of the downturn. It was only after President Obama took office and began escalating the amount of government funding going into stocks that the sector started to turn around.

However, the Obama administration has established policies that do not address the core instability of the financial sector. The administration only marginally cracked down on corporate mismanagement and has spent well over $1 trillion propping up a dying system.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Something "spooked" the jerks off as of now -- the Dow took a dip. Bentley announced some new cool model, so that's what the selling is all about. The anally gifted analysts will blame the dip on Treasuries -- or whatever comes to their tortured mind.

There is no economic recovery without gas going for $3.65 a gallon. Lots of people would be mourning the glorious days of the financial meltdown.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
Meanwhile, back in the market...10 year treasury sale = EPIC FAIL..

Spiking interest rates...Bernanke's plan is dooooooooooomed

This is what spooked the markets....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Exactly, most investors knows that the economy recovery is nothing but blood infusions to keep the comatose markets looking like they are still breathing.

They are not fooling anybody, only people that have no clue how the game is been played.

The markets values will never be same again at least for a long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join