It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Emergency Response be for everyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We've all heard about Raves, and their over abundance of Drug use....and I think it's outrageous and full of sh|t...

...I think it would be justice if when some stupid "Raver" ODs and the medics arrive, pull up a chair and just watch them twitch on the floor, and someone says, "Why don't you help them!" or something like that.

And then Paramedics respond coldly and effeciently, "Hey man, we're only here to take away the body."

People probably would think twice before doing drugs after seeing that experience

And don't think me cold hearted, there's no excuse for any such drug use.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Good thinking. Or a good way to heal addicts, lock them in a room and leave them. Then when the shakes and withdrawel(sp?) effects happen, record it and show it on tv. No more of that weak treatment where you give them drugs, just less of it. Make them quit cold turkey. That way they won't think of starting again. For if you can find an easy way out, why stop? But if hard way out, won't do it again, will you?

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
what a great idea, lets not forget about allowing the families of murder victims exacting punishment on murderers, if we only lived by the eye for an eye theory of punishment the world would be a much better place.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Truly it is the only way, the reason drugs are so rampant is because even those who OD mostly get out of the hospital in a few days, with a little pat on the butt and "stay out of trouble"...then they get back to their friends who are like "Welcome back man...light up"...bah

Let them die, then hook them and drag them out of the Rave like a slaughtered cow.

Drugs kill for a reason, so mankind should stop trying to keep them alive, the best way to prevent drug usage is to keep them from ever wanting to start.

Sincerely,
no signature

B

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Erm mankind knows drugs even longer than it knows money

Now tell me with has the most destructive power? Money or drugs?

Drugs kills a person, money kills a race

kim

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
tch, have you heard yourselves? how about leaving someone whos tried to commit suicide to die too? HEY lets just sit on our high horses and laugh at addicts who you know nothing about. in a lot of cases, addicts can give up with help- leaving them...yeah great idea einsteins. ppl dont get into drugs to get addicted, they get into it to feel better- a stupid reason with many alternatives but to some, it may seem a good idea at the time. i agree with shock therapy and i think that a lot of schools are not as serious about it as they should be

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
In another thread, I've been attacked for riding a "moral high horse" regarding music pirating. I believe in this thread, we've discovered the other end of the Above Top Secret moral spectrum.

Need I remind you that the services and policies of our society have been designed with compassion in mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Isn't that murder??

And when do we have an OverDose?

!! too much of it !! and prolly + alcohol. And much drugs are manufactured chemicaly, there are enough natural drugs, doing no harm! when again it isn't abused.

Normally what we nowadays call 'drugs' was natural and used for expanding the mind, to gain spiritual insight. For making you more aware of yourself and you're surrounding. The 'harder drugs' were taken on special occasions. It was part of society.

The chemical sh*t they manufacture today is idd bad for you. If you want to take 'drugs' try finding some mushrooms or go to the Smartshop, if there is one where you live.

ed/

btw FM do you drink or smoke?

[Edited on 16-1-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
And when the US is eating missiles because of their ' ' ' ' ' 'War on terrorism' ' ' ' ' ' I don't think they desirve Emergency Response neither!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Drugs are an integral part of human society, whether legal or illegal. For better or worse.

The ideas that a) drugs have never done any good for society
and b) all drugs should be banned

are so dumb as to be laughable

I can't say I know any statistics but I'd imagine moderate recreational drug use to be about as dangerous as drinking, or driving your car perhaps.

Addiction is another issue entirely, but thats not to say those people don't need compassion too.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
alcohol is a recreational drug and should be considered as such, its a shame that more people don`t realise this and are far more accepting of drinking problems than other drug problems. Can`t see FreeMason denying ambulance care to someone who drank too much

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Another ugly side to that argument -- people HAVE been known to slip drugs into the drinks of other people. The victims are most often female (with the intent that the guy can have Free Sex even if she's unwilling.) In fact, there's a news story that just broke yesterday about a man running a prostitution ring where he kidnapped women using drugged drinks and forced them to be prostitutes. He apparently found it possible to do to children as well; one of his sex slaves was 12 or 13.

Some of these "unknowingly drugged" people have medical complications (if you slipped some coc aine into my diet coke, I'd die. I would have never taken it willingly because I know I'm allergic to the stuff.)

No, there's better answers. Killing folks by negelct doesn't provide a good social control.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Byrd, thing is, what was originally in Coca Cola? Cocaine! Say GHB or something.

And I think FM meant at the raves where drug use is not only common but a need to have to have a rave. If you go to a bar and start overdosing, then they should be saved. Like if someone is injured palying chicken with cars, leave him, he dumb enough to play chicken with cars, he deserves the injuries. If you crossing the street and hit, you deserve help. Or my favorite, if you eat a bunch of food and get fat, should deal with it, not sue McDonalds and the rest of them(Ceaser Barber from New York is doing this, and like the rest of the idiots, he will win) Or if you throw yourself in front of a subway train to commit suicide but don't die, shouldn't be able to sue.(woman won 10 mil, was suing for 14 mil)

If the person goes to a rave and od's, his stupidity did it, he should have to take the responsibility of it. If I went with my freinds and played shoot the b@$t@rd with pellet guns and lost my eye, my stupidity for not wearing goggoles.(it's fun, but painful when they hit skin at close range) Should I be treated? My stupidity be saved?

Like FM said, let them twitch on the floor if stupid enough to do drugs.

What if someone slipped drugs in their drink? Well, go to a rave, expect to do drugs. A rave is about drugs, music, and more drugs. Had a place a couple blocks from my old apartment in Toledo got in trouble when a rave went bad. Turns out doing drugs messes you up. Turns out idiots did drugs and over thirty of them over dosed and the rest were to "stoned" to get help for them. Over a hundred people were arrested for possesion and such. Do they deserve sympathy? No, they did drugs, and paid for it.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Funny thing about slippery slopes, once you start sliding, it's hard to stop.

Once begun, might this concept extend to not providing emergency care to someone who can't defend themselves?
www.austin360.com...

Once decision making power is granted, chaos would reign.

Bad idea.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing as Byrd. People are unwillingly given drugs. It does happen. If someone drives drunk and gets into an accident I suppose you think they should just be left for dead also?

Isn't it the foundation of doctors, nurses, and EMT's to preserve life?

While I don't use drugs and you're obviously against drugs also FM, your idea IS cold hearted in my opinion and I don't know why I bothered to reply.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The problem is not the drugs themselves. That's what we do with them who's the problem.

Peoples are too much excessives in everything !

They are smoking too much, drinking too much, sometimes eating too much...
But bannishment is not the right solution. Each time that we start to ban something, I wonder what the next thing who'll be ban.

We can teach the peoples on what is good or bad for them, but we can't protect them from themselves. But it's our duty to save live as many we can.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Let me guess, neither JTL or FM have ever been to a rave right, nor taken any illegal drugs?

kim

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
i still wonder why cannabis is illegal. i did this one this morning and im still fine. i know old ppl that used to do it. ive even said before how it can be good for ppl with anxiety problems- and i can say id rather have that than some of the crap we have on the medical shelves

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Kano, I don't know about FM, but I have never done drugs, and only raves I've exp. was the one couple blocks from here when over thirty kids overdosed and the others to "stoned" to get help.

The Great One William, that sitution is different than taking drugs and Oding at a rave. The b@$t@rds should be shot.

The Overlord Bob, if they get drunk and drive, get hurt, leave them. They know not to drink and drive, yet do it anyways. Let them pay up for their mistakes. And Also, with unwillingly given drugs, if at a bar or such, obviously not in a setting where drugs aren't suppose to be there. So if they start to od, save them. But at a rave, drugs not only will be there, but to have a rave you need drugs there. I got in enough trouble in high school to have seen all the videos. They show a new one every time. One was about all the drugs at raves. Special K, Acid, Weed, so forth. Heck, in health at Owens saw a great video of different addicts. Heroin addicts look even more skinny then Alley McBeal!(there's a good diet for you, the heroin diet) Or a pot addict shaking and trembling, crying and starts to scream because he hadn't had a "hit" in over a week. It was funny! Some dolt who does drugs and goes into some program that uses cold turkey treatment crying like a baby.

The argument is if at a place where drugs will be there, you put yourself in the line of fire. So if you od, you had the choice not to go, not to do them, so you chose to od. If at a bar or whatever, where drugs aren't the main thing, and you od, you deserve help.

And FM, it is cold hearted and drastic, but sometimes that is what you need to get through the dolts out there who do drugs.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"Funny thing about slippery slopes, once you start sliding, it's hard to stop."

So true...

That, and there is one big problem with "eye for an eye"...what happens if the suspect is then found innocent, now he's missing an eye!

Personally, I agree with the sentiment of FM's original post, but it's a matter of once you go down that road....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join