It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to give up on 2012, and other prophecy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Blossom has failed, as has other apocalyptic prophecy over the past 2 decades.

Are you ready to give up predictions involving 2012?

What will it take for you to give up these ideas?

This reality we live in isn't going to change.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by droid56

This reality we live in isn't going to change.

When mankind wakes up and realizes it can shift its own reality it wont need 2012, Blossom Goodchild or other mouthpieces.

www.theshiftmovie.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

the Mayan calendar is also sometimes called the Aztec Calendar. This calendar is recorded as a carving on the Aztec "sun stone," currently on exhibit in the National Museum of Anthropology and History located within Chapultepec Park, Mexico City.

2012 came from us all, based on a carving left behind by an entire civilization.
Starts by one person saying something, then it just snowballs down the hill from there. One day it means the end of a calander, the next it means a dooms day. so at this point, we make whatever we want out of that date and it wont stop until it passes.

GFL was a prediction made by a women from the middle of nowhere.

so if you ask me...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
"apocalyptic prophecy over the past 2 decades"

Er read the beginning parts of revelations. Sorry, but the "birth-pangs" of the apocalypse is just starting from a bliblical point of view.

Next BIG event will be the war that will descend upon Israel, first with Damascus (Syria) and then after, the war with Gog-Magog (Israel vs Russia-Turkey?-Iran) coalition. There are no dates to this as the bible does not give any, but the event will take place very soon. Just read the headlines and keep your ears perky.

Also, the RAPTURE will be next BIG event that will shock the world. Truly that event will change the course of humanity. And most christians are in agreement that this RAPTURE event is very close to being fulfilled, as we do not know the day or hour (as the scripture says) but can discern the season which this event will take place.

This will still be a very interesting year or the next...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ZionOmega]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i really don't put too much into prophecy, such as the 2012 thing

to me it doesn't mean the world is going to end because that's when their calendar does.

sort of makes me wonder if, were it carved in stone, in a few thousand years the civilization on earth would be in a tizzy over what turned out to be some homework i didn't finish in the 8th grade.

every generation thinks that they are the first to experience the weight of the world and the last to exist on this planet.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I intend no offense by the following...

Personally, I don't see much difference between the failed GFL spaceship "prophecy" and that which is in the bible.
One came from a person, the other came from people.
It's a book.

I'm certainly not telling anyone what to believe, if they want to believe in the bible and god, have at it. If they want to believe in GFL or Star Trek, feel free.
Just don't impose beliefs on others, or judge them for not agreeing with your particular theology.

About 2012- who knows. Maybe something will happen, maybe something won't. Maybe everyone will wake up and the sky will be green and all the grass purple. Or maybe my egg yolks will break as I try to flip them in the pan, and my toast burns as I try to mop up some spilled orange juice.
Or, maybe we'll have some as-yet-unknown global change.
Gives everyone over three years to discuss it here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by md11forever
I intend no offense by the following...

Personally, I don't see much difference between the failed GFL spaceship "prophecy" and that which is in the bible.
One came from a person, the other came from people.
It's a book.

I'm certainly not telling anyone what to believe, if they want to believe in the bible and god, have at it. If they want to believe in GFL or Star Trek, feel free.
Just don't impose beliefs on others, or judge them for not agreeing with your particular theology.

About 2012- who knows. Maybe something will happen, maybe something won't. Maybe everyone will wake up and the sky will be green and all the grass purple. Or maybe my egg yolks will break as I try to flip them in the pan, and my toast burns as I try to mop up some spilled orange juice.
Or, maybe we'll have some as-yet-unknown global change.
Gives everyone over three years to discuss it here on ATS.

Then before you start descrediting the predictions in the bible, maybe you should actually do some research into how accurate the bible has been in its predictions?

100%

Maybe that'll open your eyes a bit?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZionOmega
Then before you start descrediting the predictions in the bible, maybe you should actually do some research into how accurate the bible has been in its predictions?

100%

You sound very confident in that.

Are you confident enough to start your own thread proving the Bible has predicted future events with 100% success?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

100%

Been there done that. Read it cover to cover. Eight years of private religious school.
Hey, if the bible proves to be right, I'll be happy to admit I was wrong.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by md11forever]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

100%

You sound very confident in that.

Are you confident enough to start your own thread proving the Bible has predicted future events with 100% success?

Actually I don't have to prove it. The proof already exists. There have been literally hundreds of scholars who have already done this research. All you need to do is research it, either online or ransack the archives of the History channel.

The bible predictions up til now has been 100%.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

The only prediction/prophecy I have ever seriously ever thought had some merit to it is the end of the Mayan Long Count and predictions made by Edgar Cayce.

Although I should say that there is a lot of different ideas and predictions surrounding the 2012 date and I certainly do not believe most of them.

The Mayan Long Count calendar spans thousands and thousands of years, and it's Great Cycle ends on 2012. That definitely raises my eye brows! I am worried just enough about the possibilities that I might just camp out with people in an underground bunker for a few months prior to December

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by md11forever

100%

Been there done that. Read it cover to cover. Eight years of private religious school.
Hey, if the bible proves to be right, I'll be happy to admit I was wrong.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by md11forever]

Just wait a couple of months. I think you will be very surprised at how things are right now coming to perfect alignment with the one government the anti-christ is to rule. It isn't long now .... the events described in revelations are right at the door. Jesus knocks, will you let Him in before its too late?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ZionOmega

So basically you do not want to make that thread because you know you can't accomplish what I was proposing?

Jesus knocks, will you let Him in before its too late?

Too late?

If you really cared for us, and believe in this, then you would want to make that thread

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

reply to post by droid56

The only prediction/prophecy I have ever seriously ever thought had some merit to it is the end of the Mayan Long Count and predictions made by Edgar Cayce.

Although I should say that there is a lot of different ideas and predictions surrounding the 2012 date and I certainly do not believe most of them.

The Mayan Long Count calendar spans thousands and thousands of years, and it's Great Cycle ends on 2012. That definitely raises my eye brows! I am worried just enough about the possibilities that I might just camp out with people in an underground bunker for a few months prior to December

Then you should learn about how the bible predicted the great future empires in the book of Daniel, a long before they came to power. The Romans, The Persians among a few.

There are literally hundreds of predictions that the Bible has made that has already come to pass.

One of the biggest is when Israel became a nation after close to or almost 1700 years or something like that. This became a reality in 1967. Why is that significant? It is significant because the next stage of bible prophecy, revelations deal with the end times that take place soon after Israel becomes a nation again.

The end is right at the door. Just look at the headlines and the news. The New World Order is about to come into being and the Anti-Christ is itching to ascend it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

So basically you do not want to make that thread because you know you can't accomplish what I was proposing?

Jesus knocks, will you let Him in before its too late?

Too late?

If you really cared for us, and believe in this, then you would want to make that thread

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

If you really wanted to be saved you'd find Jesus Christ and make peace with Him. It isn't my job to be your personal saviour, just to deliver the message. That is our commission. If you reject it, thats all on you and that is the cold hard truth most christians have a hard time communicating.

Sure I care if your saved, but what am I going to do if you choose not to be? So I tell you about the tools or ways to get saved. If you deny that, than thats all on you.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I can just picture Mr Rockefeller Mr Rothschild Mr Crockett all siting at there Bilderburg meeting table just having a ball and laughing at all of us. Because some of us choose to waste our time with all these Fabricated conspiracy's that mean nothing to the reality we live in now.

As for 2012 it will be a year just like any other. However who will take advantage of the hysteria about it hmmmm i wonder.

If you think there is no New World Order or a Global Elite trying to form a one world government to end the individual sovereignty of every nation on the planet for total global dictatorship, then you are a fool, love being a slave, in on it, or to quote my very own brother " i don't care ".

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

ZionOmega could you please provide some evidence of these 'bible predictions' have come true? Anything? A link perhaps?

You have made a claim that 100% of 'bible predictions' have come true and, as yet, have not provided a single scrap of evidence. The onus is on YOU to provide this or we will be forced to come to the conclusion that this thread is false and your claim is untrue.

PS: Saying "I don't need to provide evidence it is self-evident" is a cop-out.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Why on Earth are you assuming anything about my relationship to Jesus simply because I asked you to make a thread on that?

Why on Earth are you assuming I am not very familiar with the Bible?

Stop making assumptions. Stop pointing your Biblical doomsday finger at me.

It isn't my job to be your personal saviour, just to deliver the message.

Exactly! So go make that thread and deliver that message already. I swear I will read your thread.

Again, please prove to us on ATS, this community your registered with, that the Bible has had a 100% success rate with future predictions.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3r6a8d8
all these assholes are a bunch of f u c king retards that make s h i t up for no reason, the only thing that you should be looking forward to is maybe when you'll possibly get another girlfriend or when your gonna leave your house again! Yeah, the world does exist outside the screen! dip s h i t s

You seem to have a lot of anger issues. I really don't have to tell you about whats going in the world right now that things aren't "right". Things are happening that a lot of people are feeling is getting out of control. Crazy.

This is the downward spiral that has already been talked about almost 2000 years ago in the book of revelations.

If your looking for prophecy, then look there for accuracy.

As I said, look for these signs:

The RAPTURE (millions of christians disappearing from the face of the earth in an instant, an event that may take place very soon - we do not know the day or hour but we are aware of the season by the signs given to us by Christ to look for)

The complete and utter destruction of Damascus (Syria) - which really seems to be speeding up and headed in a time near you.

The impending war that Israel fights against Gog-Magog (Iran-Russia-Turkey?) where it is written that God Himself will supernaturally fight for Israel and defeat this alliance.

Do you see in the news how Russia and Iran have been "active" lately? I am not sure about Turkey though or how they will play a part. But again, its all coming together.

When Israel signs a 7 year peace treaty with the anti-christ (the leader that comes and deceives the world) that is when the tribulation starts. That is when literally things will go to hell on earth.

I'll stop now with these words. I hope it helps some of you who are looking for direction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join