It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Awakening... or crazy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I found this strange and somehow unbelievable and I even felt like I was going crazy.
Today during my regular physical science class we were talking about space and how everything acts upon each other gravitationally no matter how far away you are from the source. I started thinking about this fairly deeply because that is just how I think and then I strayed away from gravity and science and thought about how if we are all connected somehow and then I felt a strong sense of butterflies in my stomach that I still feel even now about 14 hours later. I also felt when I opened my eyes a strong sense of awareness and at oneness with every living thing. When I closed my eyes to try and shake the feeling off I could see a vivid image of the galaxy and my own sense of place within it. Now that I am describing it my stomach feels REALLY weird. Anyway, for the rest of the day I was lost in my own thoughts everything felt almost surreal like it wasn't happening. My friends took notice and asked me what was wrong and all I could say was "I can't explain."

I feel crazy but I also feel that what I am feeling barely skims the edge of what whatever I am feeling really is. But now when I feel the air I can sense everything living around me and feel a sort of connectedness with it. All I've been able to conclude is that in some weird way all life is connected and that I am one of the few who have stopped taking nature and life for granted without some near death experience or witnessed something horrifically lifechanging.

I can say this, all life is connected, not through magic, but in some way that I can't explain and that most of the modern humans have lost that sense of place in the universe because of modern day things like the convenience of technology.
Technology, yes. It has ripped us away from all that matters and created a world of despair and agony as so many have noticed...

*sigh* I don't know. I feel different and "awake" as some may call it and that is all I know.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
i think i know what you are saying

i've had that feeling as well

that sudden realization of how incredibly enormous our universe is and how even though we are infinitely small in comparison, we are all part of this same space

i tried to share this concept with my gf to no avail lol

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MoothyKnight

I agree with you. I've been contemplating the stars for a year or so now. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that people are programmed. I think when we all can get in touch with our spirituality (not necessarily religion) that we would become much better. I was reading the other day about dimensions from David Wilcock. I highly suggest you look up his work. It's truly fascinating. We're used to 4 dimensions. X,Y,Z and time. He talks about your pineal gland in your brain. He suggests that your pineal gland is just like your eyes with rods and cones. When you visualize something, you're using the pineal gland to manifest the image. He explains the 12/12 2012 phenomenon as a spiritual awakening where humans will finally see the 5th dimension where our pineal gland will basically turn inside out which will allow us to go to a different place at a different time, etc. We become telepathic. No one can keep a secret so there is much tolerance and understanding in the world. It sounds like a cliche but you basically "become one with the universe". You can be in two places at once. You can be in two different times at once. The 5th dimension will allow us to travel in time just like we travel through space. The earth is you and you are the earth. I could keep going but nobody has probably made it this far in my post so I'll stop now.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by ElGatoLoco698]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
There are so many energies that connect us, flow through us. The metaphor for what the universe is, is rampant in every aspect of the universe... and that metaphor is how everything is a part of something else, and from that makes a whole.

Life is the energy of the sun, passed down to plants which take this energy on via chlorophyll, turning it into storable energy in the form of sugars. We come along, eat the plants, or other animals who have eaten plants, and suddenly we have stored sun energy in the form of sugar which makes up part of the life energy we experience.

Water, oxygen, minerals and all sorts of organic and non-organic matter helps to make up the cells in our bodies, the parts which make the whole.

If we go further into cellular anatomy, into molecular and atomic physics, we further our understanding that even the basic building block of our body, the cell, is also composed of parts, and the molecules are composed of atoms, the atoms composed of ions, nucleus etc.

We move away from the Sun, we see planets and moons in orbit, and the model of the solar system reflects the atom, it is all real life metaphors for who we are, as beings of life.

Everything is a part of everything else and we are all connected by the very fabric of the universe we reside.

Just parts of a greater whole.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
ya know, i've had that same feeling!

Jalapenos give me a twittering in my tummy pretty regularly

No, seriously i think its more of the human minds inability to comprehend infinity complexes...it spins in circles but never gets anywhere...at least with me that is

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Welcome to the world of enlightenment my friend. You are a child of the universe. We are one with every other thing.

I began to realize what you are feeling in 1994. I started a diary and never will forget that when I made my first entry I put my name and then added the term 'universal citizen'. I didn't think about it it just came out of the blue.

Shortly after that, a doctor suggested I needed therapy and Prozac. I tried to push back my thoughts until I found ATS in August 2007.

One afternoon in the middle of November I went outside for a smoke and became acutely aware of my surroundings. I was afraid at first but did let the feeling grow.

I feel fortunate to be aware of things most people never feel or see. It's like looking into the forest and not just at the first few trees.

Being able to converse with like minded people on ATS helped remove the veil from my eyes once again.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I 'm glad people are having these moments of enlightment - some runners like my Dad have said they felt it, being one with the energy around you. I feel an acute sense of awareness after practicing ninjutsu. Perhaps it's about finding a point to focus on so all the rest of the atoms become clear?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What happened to you imo is just part of the normal development of the human being, but that is shunned and ridiculed because of all the materialistic philosophies plagueing humankind. We are all linked into a sort of energetic consciousness field, everything is alive, everything is part of consciousness.

However don't forget your individuality in all this, don't be herded into authoritative structures because of this awareness. If you think about it's implications fully you will realise how really free you are, and will be a mind slave to no man.

I've had similar experiences, but perhaps not quite as vivid yet. I'm still detoxing society

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is my personal experience speaking.

Is there a difference? I know people are much more comfortable drawing that particular line, but as I've experienced it, the line is so thin as to be virtually non-existent. Now, if this should lead to depression, anxiety, obsessiveness and/or feelings about hurting yourself and/or others, or anything else generally viewed as dangerous and unhealthy seek help immediately. From what you're describing now, it sounds not unusual and not abnormal.

From a more mystical POV, crossing the 'abyss' is part of some of our spiritual journeys, and can be quite detrimental to mental health. So, don't push yourself. Relax and work towards inner peace. All the best.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've never thought about is as something bad and I find it as the start of me finding inner peace and the key to understanding the universe as the pagan and aboriginal cultures had before us.

Also, I am not religious in any way so I don't think of it as a religious experience. Just thought I'd say that.

Also today I can't feel it anymore but I got a lot out of it so I don't know. It was pretty cool.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I have been there on the other side of the door.Sometimes i do not know why i ever would want to come back!Your senses are threw the roof its a differant world anything can happen and happens.You could have a conversation with your creater one minute the next watch a plant breathe than dance!I walked through that door a few times in my life and will a few more times before i leave this place.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hi again,

just thought I'd say that I didn't know the etiquette of these smiley's - like a fool, sorry. I actually do get a sense of awareness during ninjutsu as if my speech and actions have an impact on the earth that I must be conscious of. If you get the chance read PaLssion' which explores a delinear state of time and space.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hi again,

just thought I'd say that I didn't know the etiquette of these smiley's - like a fool, sorry. I actually do get a sense of awareness during ninjutsu as if my speech and actions have an impact on the earth that I must be conscious of. If you get the chance read PaLssion' which explores a delinear state of time and space.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just curious OP what's your age?

Most people if not all at some point in life go through similar experiences now that being said there is some merit to the idea concerning Quantum Physics and Mechanics. Not so much a connection like being connected through lines but more along the lines of projecting feelings and thoughts onto living objects and receiving feedback directly associated with the feeling or thought projected.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You are not crazy. In fact I would say you are now a lot less crazy than the mass public. Just be careful this awakening does not destroy you. Deep spiritual knowledge should be taken with patience. Too much too fast can overload your mental processes. I experienced something very similar to yours when my kundalini awakened.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You're certainly not "crazy." You just realized something that most people let float over their heads. Keep studying, friend.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
hehehe I didn't know my thread was still active. To view one of my further contemplations go here

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"Technology, yes. It has ripped us away from all that matters and created a world of despair and agony as so many have noticed... "

saying this shows that you have something left to learn here. Always misplacing the blame we seem to be. Look in the mirror no one does, for afraid to see themselves they are.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I guess you have a point there. But truly we are too reliant on technology these days and it is and isn't helping us. And I feel it mostly isn't helping us. Yeah then you are right. It is up to us how to use our technology that we cherish so much.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join