It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn on your radio now! (Oct. 14th related)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just an hour ago, I have experienced an odd background noise on my analog transistor radio station on FM band (frequency).

I was listening to our national Radio Station 1 (sorry, cannot reveal my location). It is normally broadcasted with precision and strength and it has no disturbances. My radio is also not in the near of any electronic/magnetic devices. My radio is also fully operational.

The channel disappeared and then appeared again several times. Meanwhile, very strong atmospheric disturbances took over the place of the radio channel. It was a very unusual noise. A pulsing, repeating thick noise.

The noise was NOT a disturbance due to a vehicle/motorcycle nearby.

Disturbances like this one I have just experienced, NEVER happens to a national Radio Station. This is extremely odd.

Turn on your transistor analog radios now and test it for yourselves. If you are also experiencing very unusual sounds on your radio, then it is an indications that something is in our atmosphere right now.

Edit: There are no lightning strikes, the weather is perfect here, no rain or thunder. The sky is cloud-free.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Check this out...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't buy into the whole Blossom/Oct 14th but this concerns me.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
you in holland?

let me find my analog radio.. dont know where i put it

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think older model cars have analog radios right?

I have also been experiencing strange bump,bump,bumps on my cell phone as well. Hard to describe but it's like a series of digital bumps or something.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Funny you sholuld say about a pulsing thudding thick noise. As I drifted off to sleep last night i was confronted with the first part of a nightmare that i know was reoccurent when i was a child. It was just a few seconds long as i opened my eyes and felt the same panic stricken, i dont want to go to sleep feeling i did when i was about 4/5. I cannot describe the image, i cannot recall it now but when it happened last night i instantkly recognised it. It was accompanied by a very thick thudding, pulsing sound which made me feel very unsafe. Hadn't had that for about 20 odd years.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasperaldo
you in holland?

let me find my analog radio.. dont know where i put it

Europe, yes.

Get an analog radio - not a digital one. Cars have analog radios.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

can you at least say what country your in, europe is a dammmm big place dude!

noones gonna come get you, your only talking about radio!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
I was listening to our national Radio Station 1 (sorry, cannot reveal my location).
And what is your nation?

Here in Portugal we haven't had any problems, and I am always listening to the radio (FM).

The channel disappeared and then appeared again several times. Meanwhile, very strong atmospheric disturbances took over the place of the radio channel. It was a very unusual noise. A pulsing, repeating thick noise.
How do you know that, did you saw the atmospheric disturbances?

Turn on your transistor analog radios now and test it for yourselves. If you are also experiencing very unusual sounds on your radio, then it is an indications that something is in our atmosphere right now.
Yes, but there is always something in our atmosphere, why are you saying that this is related to October 14th?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I haven't noticed anything unusual on our radio lately, however similiar phenomenon to what you're describing does occur with lightning strikes and other disturbed weather. Looks like several areas in Europe that have some convection/storms: www.wunderground.com...

I'm not saying that weather is the cause of the radio interference you're talking about, just offering up something for you to examine and verify or rule out as a source.

I'll pay more attention to our local radio and will post if I hear anything unusual.

Cheers

Edit to add: click on the "animate" in upper right corner of weather map to put it in motion.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by argentus]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I haven't noticed anything unusual on our radio lately, however similiar phenomenon to what you're describing does occur with lightning strikes and other disturbed weather.

There are no lightning strikes, the weather is perfect here, no rain or thunder. The sky is cloud-free.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Yes, but there is always something in our atmosphere, why are you saying that this is related to October 14th?

If there is something big *cough*a GFL starship*cough* in our atmosphere now, it will cause atmospheric disturbances that can be heard on an analog radio.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Okay, just a possibility. Not knowing where you are or where the source of the radio station is...... you wouldn't necessarily have to have disturbed weather where you are, just somewhere in between you and the source.

Also, I'm curious what your thoughts are regarding the necessity for the receiver to be an analogue radio? Both digital and analogue receive the same radio waves..... Not challenging you, just curious.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hmmmm, I dunno about analog radios since I am Deaf. I notice, though, that my hearing aid has been "clicking" for the past few days. My first reaction was Oh damn, time for another visit to the shop for reparing, but now I just dunno.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
Just an hour ago, I have experienced an odd background noise on my analog transistor radio station on FM band (frequency).

I was listening to our national Radio Station 1 (sorry, cannot reveal my location).

..and there it is. Why not just say what country and city you are in so we can verify this? It's not like listening to the radio will get black helicopters chasing ya.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
He's in the UK chaps.

Just thought I'd "blow his cover". Sorry, Mulder!

I came to this conclusion because Radio 1 is a UK station, is broadcast in both analogue and digital FM bands, and our weather here is immaculate at the moment, around 20c in Mid-October and not a cloud in the sky!

EDIT: Probably in the South of England, I should imagine.

[edit on 12/10/08 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
He's in the UK chaps.

Just thought I'd "blow his cover". Sorry, Mulder!

I came to this conclusion because Radio 1 is a UK station, is broadcast in both analogue and digital FM bands, and our weather here is immaculate at the moment, around 20c in Mid-October and not a cloud in the sky!

EDIT: Probably in the South of England, I should imagine.

[edit on 12/10/08 by stumason]

Funny. Here in Holland we also have Radio 1 on digital and analogue. And the weather here is also good

I cant seem to catch any weird pulsating sounds tough.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jasperaldo

Haha, I would imagine most countries have a Radio 1, of sorts

It was an educated guess, but I'd put a small wedge of cash on the fact he is in Southern England.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Got Radio 1 in Scotland and no matter how much I want to hear weird pulsating sounds, I just cant!
But Oasis was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't know what to make of this, maybe sunspots?? but I noticed that the radio signals were weaker than normal. My mobile phone has been playing up (as in I can hear people but they can't hear me, (my phone may be knackered)) and most annoyingly my internet connection for the first time in 8 years has been dropping like mad. I reckon sunspots myself.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I put a small amount that he is stated in Holland, you accept paypal?

or pokerstars transfer or something like that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join