It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severed Dog Head Kept Alive

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I saw this video a long time ago and it looks very, very fake.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

I think it's fake. The visual arts class at my high school did some amazing things with computers and video cameras, you'd be amazed at how easy that would be to recreate even in a high school classroom.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
USSR's dream of reviving life...who knows what their capable of now..wait i dont want to know.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
this type of thing has also been done with a monkey. The entire head was transplanted onto a different monkey's body

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 16-10-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
the video is not so bad.

i wonder why they can't do this to human beings? if you've been dead for less than 15 minutes, attempt a blood recirculation?

The human brain dies within 10 minutes of the heart not functioning, because the brain needs oxygen to survive.

So, 10 minutes = brain dead = permanent HUMAN death. So, why can animals be recirculated or revived after a longer period? Well that my friend is the "million dollar question"... it is my belief that it is because humans contain a soul and animals do NOT.

I have had many pets in my life. All whom I have loved very deeply, and who's loss I morned completely as I would a member of my family. I would love to entertain the thought that our beloved pets also contain a soul and that they carry on after death as we do. But unfortunately I do not believe that . They are complex biological systems capable of a wide variety of emotions and behaviors but that is where the similarities end.

I believe these disturbing experiments lend credence to this theory and offer at least a partial answer or possibility to your question runetang. If they could do this with humans much after 10 minutes it would have already been a huge intregial part of "main-stream" health care, and common place...we wouldn't even be discussing it now.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

You can't revive a person after two minutes without circulation to the brain because they are brain dead by then............

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thats the most disturbing thing I have ever seen on the internet or TV...
I wish I had more to add to the topic but for the first time in my life, I am speechless..

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

i wonder why they can't do this to human beings? if you've been dead for less than 15 minutes, attempt a blood recirculation?

I read somewhere that for humans the critical time is 7 minutes. Don't know exactly, but maybe human neurons die faster than those of a dog. Once those cells are dead there is no coming back.

But withing those 7 minutes you can do CPR and/or Defibrillation. My guess is that if we could swap heads in less than 7 minutes and minimize blood loss, we could survive a head transplant provided the body doesn't reject the new head..

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Just because the dog reacted to stimuli doesn't mean it wasn't brain damaged.
People that are brain dead still have reflexes to certain things. Remeber that chick that was on the news? Terri Shivo or something...ya her eyes would move but she had no brain function. We could have done the same thing with her I bet.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i just watched this, dont know why i never before.

very intresting, but damm, maybe its the cynic within me, but alot of it seems a bit crazy. the heart, lungs ect, it just had blood pumping through it, not necessarily alive, but just doign what they do natrualy.

teh dogs head... am i teh only one that thinks it was maybe a bit staged, theirs some points where the dogs trying to sit up, if it had no body at all its head wouldnt be moving at all, but it is clearly moving alot more than expected.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

They do.
... And for the hoax-callers, I highly doubt that this video is fake. Here's why:

Though many do not realize it, the research in this video pales in comparison to modern medical technology. The machine used in this video is an early form of the modern CPB pump, commonly known as the Heart-Lung Machine. As referenced in the Wikipedia article:

Dr. Clarence Dennis led the team that conducted the first known operation involving open cardiotomy (on a human) with temporary mechanical takeover of both heart and lung functions on April 5, 1951 at the University of Minnesota Hospital. The patient did not survive due to an unexpected complex congenital heart defect. This followed four years of laboratory experimentation with dogs.

Granted, by comparing the 1950 time period to the 1940 period described in the movie, it looks as though the Soviets may have beaten them to it. But in any case, this kind of research is a sort of extension of the blood transfusion research done by Cornishman Richard Lower, believe it or not, as early as 1665!

"Many of his colleagues were present. . . towards the end of February 1665 [when he] selected one dog of medium size, opened its jugular vein, and drew off blood, until . . . its strength was nearly gone . . . Then, to make up for the great loss of this dog by the blood of a second, I introduced blood from the cervical artery of a fairly large mastiff, which had been fastened alongside the first, until this latter animal showed . . . it was overfilled . . . by the inflowing blood." After he "sewed up the jugular veins," the animal recovered "with no sign of discomfort or of displeasure."

Perhaps the most significant modern representation of this field of research is the Artificial Heart. In some ways this is like taking that entire contraption shown in the film, shrinking it, and placing it inside the human body as a 100% replacement for the human heart!

It's not Frankenstein. It's medicine! And some would say, a miracle.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Magnus47]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
on one hand this is disturbing but on the other its F@#$ING AWESOME. can you imagine if this is real. we should experiment more with this. i don't like the fact that the animals have to die but if its for the good of science. maybe in another 60 years or so you can get stuff added to your body. like extra limbs and such. maybe swimmers would have 2 sets of lungs. pianists would have 2 sets of arms. wow the world would be an amazing place.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I guess the final agenda is humans.............

Boffins create zombie dogs By Nick Buchan of NEWS.com.au NEWS.com.au June 27, 2005 12:00am Text size + - Print Email Share Add to MySpace Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Fark Post to Facebook Add to Kwoff What are these? SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans. US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years. Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution. The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity. But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock. Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre. However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours, But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and vic tims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss. During the procedure blood is replaced with saline solution at a few degrees above zero. The dogs' body temperature drops to only 7C, compared with the usual 37C, inducing a state of hypothermia before death. Although the animals are clinically dead, their tissues and organs are perfectly preserved. Damaged blood vessels and tissues can then be repaired via surgery. The dogs are brought back to life by returning the blood to their bodies,giving them 100 per cent oxygen and applying electric shocks to restart their hearts. Tests show they are perfectly normal, with no brain damage. "The results are stunning. I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology," said one US battlefield doctor.

Frankenstein here we come.........

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Its hard to believe that real. I mean the dog head was reacting like it was just a normal live dog not a severed head! CREEPY! im skeptical but who know it could be real. SOME ONE CALL PETA ASAP!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
why are people so wanting this kind of experimentation? this is sick and its purpose is sick. the people who perform this type experiment is sick and those that fund such experimentation.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
why are people so wanting this kind of experimentation? this is sick and its purpose is sick. the people who perform this type experiment is sick and those that fund such experimentation.

Just to play 'Devil's Advocate' for a moment...

...What if this research (such as what is alledged by this video) leads to helping humans live longer, or recover from accidents -- or what if it directly leads to a loved one of yours surviving what may have been a fatal accident?

I'm not one for cruel or inhumane animal research, but unless you are a 'vegan', animals die every day to help feed you -- so why not have animals die (as humanely as possible, of course) to help the human race instead of just feeding us?

[edit on 11/10/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Okay I was randomly searching for some zombie clips on youtube.. And this video comes up.. So I watch it and think to myself.. This can't be real right?
So I get on google to try to find out if its fake or not. No luck..
So I come to ATS to see if its fake. Not much luck here either..

I want to tell myself this is propaganda.. Yet something inside of me tells me man has been doing this kind of stuff for a long time.

I always have zombie dreams.. And I don't watch alot of horror flicks.. But zombies are always something I am afraid of for some reason.. Or the dead comming back to life in some, Man trying to play God experiment gone wrong!!

While Zombies are fantasy right? Thats what I keep telling myself.. As Im deeply rooted in science.. Yet again I have my roots in the realm of spiritual nature.. Spiritually its said the dead will rise from their graves..
Science works on the dead to bring them back to life.. But its never really comming back to life at all, its just animating the dead body parts to emulate life..

So I really don't know what to think yet about this..

If I saw the back of the dogs head with pumps and stuff. and a full 360 degree shot of the subject I would be less likely to say its a hoax..

Yet another part of me hates how people would do this to animals..
But its being done reguardless of how I feel about it..
And if they are going to do it to animals you KNOW they are doing it with humans too.. Just way out of sight..

I mean just look at all our domesticated pets.. Breeded to be smaller and cuter.. And this happened over time..

What if there are places where animals are bred the opposite of smaller/cuter.. But bigger and meaner. Such as like zombie Dogs, Or hellhounds!!
I mean its possible right considering we bred little animals.. Couldnt they just inturn bred monsters?
Underneath our noses?

Prehaps bred alien looking creatures? And unleash them upon the world? And Claim they are invaders from another world?

Honestly I think most people right now would buy that story.. WE have been groomed for alien invasion for like the last 100 years or so..

They could bred almost anything they want.. In the sense most people on this Earth are so damn easy to control and convince..

Hell I can't even figure out if this video is real or not and my mind is wandering all over the place!!! LOL

So think about that before you go to bed tonight!!!
IT might make a pretty good story or movie idea..
A mock alien invasion, put out by the governments secert workshops that have been breeding these creatures since the early 1940's!!

And all these eye wittness accounts of people being in places like area 51 and other places saying they saw something..
Prehaps they saw something we created.. And was lead to belive it was aliens.. Knowing full well they would run out and tell the public..
It works in their favor to let key people see these creatures..
As the truth would never get out about what they really are and that man created them to fool the masses of people.. Who are so ready to belive they are from another world...
Freakin now Im scaring myself.. I should stop here..

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I dont think this video is a fake.

Transplanting a monkey's head onto another monkey...

Transplanting a dog's head onto another dog....

Ive heard this before but haven't seen any film of it happening.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I think this is fantastic, I only wish I could witness some of the more secret experiments along these lines.

I don't know why people think it's so disturbing, I thought it was quite awesome.

I think it's only natural for us to perform experiments like this, death is the ultimate question - how else are we going to find out more about it unless we experiment?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join