It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cook County Sheriff Suspends Evictions from Forclosure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here is the website for the Cook County Sheriff's Dept. for those who would ike to join me in sending an email to Sheriff Tom Dart. Just click on the "contact us" link at the top of the Cook County page for the email address.

Cook County Sheriff's Department

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Good going for the Sheriff, kinda makes me think of the Sheriff's from the the ol Western Films, always looking out for the townsfolk.

This kind of action needs to be repeated through America and spread like wild fire, give us back the America we once looked on as the leader in all things good and adventurous, and not now as it seems the warmonger of the world.

America, it seems you still have a flicker of decency, nurture it and protect it and let it grow.

Wolfie

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My concern is that if nobody is going to get evicted, will people who are able to make their mortgage payments now stop? I would like to think the majority of people will do the right thing....but if this gets more people to stop paying there mortgage because there is no repercussions, could that make the current situation worse?

link   
Way to go, Tom Dart.

It's interesting--I think we are beginning to see the beginnings of a secessionist, rather than a strictly revolutionary--environment.

link   
Wow! An act of mercy in desperate times. That man is a hero.

There are literally millions of American families who want to pay their bills and keep their homes. They just need a break from the rising costs of literally everything.

If we can have a bailout for greedy bankers, then I say why not cut citizens a break too?

God Bless this man.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyClifton
My concern is that if nobody is going to get evicted, will people who are able to make their mortgage payments now stop? I would like to think the majority of people will do the right thing....but if this gets more people to stop paying there mortgage because there is no repercussions, could that make the current situation worse?

I was thinking the same thing. I think most people with a prime mortgage do not want to loose their home, but there are increasing amounts of us who have job lay offs and can not afford the payments. I think the banks needs to come up with a way in a crisis like this to forgive for some months needed and add those payments to the end of the loan in the case of prime mortgage.

I do not have an answer in the case of subprime. Not everyone that owns a house bought in 2006 when prices were high, but a lot of them have taken equity loans on the new value of the home. I personally know people that have taken loans, bought a home in another state , and now walking away, free an clear owning the other home. It just makes matters worse, but the banks knew what they were doing, and knew the bubble could not last when they made these loans. I wish I had the answers.

Ama

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyClifton
My concern is that if nobody is going to get evicted, will people who are able to make their mortgage payments now stop?

Not until its a choice between feeding little Johnny and Susie and paying the mortgage.

The problem is, with the Fed attacking the value of the dollar, that may not be too far off now.

Better off than renters like me. Sheriff or no, if I don't pay my rent I'm in the street, and let me tell you it's been cutting it close lately.

God forbid the landlord gets foreclosed on or something like that.

[edit on 10/8/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine

I was thinking the same thing. I think most people with a prime mortgage do not want to loose their home, but there are increasing amounts of us who have job lay offs and can not afford the payments. I think the banks needs to come up with a way in a crisis like this to forgive for some months needed and add those payments to the end of the loan in the case of prime mortgage.

This is a really good idea.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The goal of the bank is not complex - MAXIMIZE PROFIT.

They don't want to finagle around with the 'occupants' because it costs money to do so.

They would rather the property lay fallow and unused and the structure on it fell to the ground. Isn't that interesting?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Artista

Email sent. Thanks for the link!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
that is funny. You are probably defending some stupid people who spent all of their equities to buy big LCD TV, luxury cars etc... If every county in the US would do the same it would push the prices of houses even higher. Why bail out some stupid morons? They bought a house they could not afford as simple as that. So what about who pays rent? Would not be more fair to let them stay for free inside the house? Ridiculous this Sherif needs to go.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by piacenza

Perhaps you're right (I don't think so, but that's just me); but this is more about an elected official taking a stand for the wellbeing of the people who put him in office, rather than standing against them, which is all too often the case.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I sent an email too!

I also don't care if the people in question did or did not manage their finances correctly. The Banks don't have to. Is there a difference, or are the banks now the new american royalty?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Great news, at last people are starting to care about others, and do something about it. You do not need to be a sheriff, you do not need a badge or uniform, you just need to be there for your neighbours and your community.

I for one will be out there, trying to prevent people from losing their homes, hopefully, people will realise that, allowing the banks to take their property, is not the way to go, IMO, this is what the banks want. They want people to think that if they do this, it will worsen the situation, which in all fairness it will. Point is, it's going to get worse anyway, IMO, and the banks are trying to get as many properties (tangible wealth) they can lay their hands on, before it all falls through.

They don't care if your broke, or if they make you homeless, or if your family can't eat, they just want the building/land.

If you see your neighbours getting evicted, I would suggest that you step in and tell the evictors where to go, the more, the merrier, get as many people as you can. Let them know that they aren't dealing with powerless families in small numbers, they are dealing with communities, let them know they will have to fight to get your home. Also, the more people, less chance you are going to get arrested, lol. 5-10, your getting thrown in the back of the van, but 30-40?!? lol, I doubt it.

If I didn't know better, I may even sugget it would get on the news, lol, in a good light anyway.

EMM

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think what would make better sense than the banks evicting the borrowers is to proceed with the default, but allow (borrowers) the option of paying rent equal to the amount of the first mortgage payment. And having them sign an agreement for however months or years for occupancy and the BANKS get the choice to sell the house, and when the house is sold the defaulters agree to move out in 30 days or what ever.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Unless something has changed in the last couple years . . . The finacial institutions don't have a legal leg to stand on regarding forclosure.

This decision, which is still good law, has the effect of declaring all private mortgages on real and personal property, and all U.S. and State bonds held by the Federal Reserve, National and State Banks to void.

According to legal scholars and Bill Drexler, who worked on the case with Judge Mahoney, "This amounts to an emancipation of this nation from personal, national and State debt purportedly owed to this banking system. Every True American owes it to himself/herself, to his or her country, and to the people of the world for that matter, to study this decision very carefully and to understand it, for upon it hangs the question of freedom or slavery."

source

Here's the actual court documents . . . as an interesting "conspiritorial" side . . . Judge Mahoney was found poisoned six months after the ruling and no judge has seen the argument since!

www.lawlibrary.state.mn.us...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by piacenza

I believe there is more to it then that.

What happened to the thought of the prices going sky high on everything to the point where it makes paying for a house even tougher. Or didn`t you think of that point? The cost of living has went through the roof over the last few years, but has our pay went up to meet these costs? No, not one bit. Now with the bailout, everyones taxes will be jacked up even higher. You think it`s bad now, wait till everyones first tax bills come due for this. Your going to see people going under even faster. And just as I thought, the bailout was nothing more then a smoke screen, it was never meant to fix the problem, it was a way for the fed to get more of your pay away from you and into their hands. They have no feeling for you as a person, and could care less if you have a roof over you head, just as long as you pay your taxes.

As far as that Sheriff? More power to him, at least he shows he has some kind of morals. Can you say that about our government?

[edit on 8-10-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What a brave man, this thread really makes me smile.

finally people are waking up and realizing that our governments are busy with grand theft schemes at the moment.

I wish and hope more people on the side of the government will finally choose the side of the people instead of the side of government/wealthy and all the corruption it brings

S&F

GM

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is huge. This represents the first time we have an elected official standing up against the procedures which have no safety net built in to preserve homeownership for families who are facing this economic crisis along with the big boys. We already bailed out the banks and left the homeowners hanging. This act, and more like this if they would follow, would have the affect of letting everyone step back from the problem and come up with a solution for most homeowners in this situation. A plan for repaying the debt could be established. We all need to take a time out and think big picture. This take care of our buddies from the club approach is getting us nowhere.

We have done far more for the banks and traders at the other end of the system.

I would imagine other Constables and Sheriff will follow suit and have everyone take a deep breath before we keep going down this destructive path of evicting families from homes that are going to sit vacant in this economic mess. Thank you to this Sheriff for hitting "pause"

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is far fetched, but what IF the mortgage companies forgave 50% of the mortgage owed by the borrower, and did a complete reset of the mortgage industry, would that boost the economy?

Not drunk yet but close....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join