It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the 7/10 prediction a day off????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Now i hope that i am completely wrong but just as I started feeling better about October 7th passing without too much cataclysm and with markets even picking up a little, things get terribly worse this afternoon with Russia and Indonesia halting trade, Australian dollar plunging from near parity a month ago to about 67c, Hong Kong losing 10%+ already, Pakistan near bankruptcy...

Could it be that the web-bot prediction was a day off and the real show starts today i.e. October the 8th???

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
hahaha the real show. that's an ironic statement.

I think the real show started a long time ago, and we're entering that part in the show where the trusting apprentice starts to suspect that his teacher might be corrupt.

I think about half the movie is still remaining, though. The real epic battle is yet to come. After the movie is over, we can get back to real things... like exploring space forever.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 04326
Now i hope that i am completely wrong but just as I started feeling better about October 7th passing without too much cataclysm and with markets even picking up a little, things get terribly worse this afternoon with Russia and Indonesia halting trade, Australian dollar plunging from near parity a month ago to about 67c, Hong Kong losing 10%+ already, Pakistan near bankruptcy...

Could it be that the web-bot prediction was a day off and the real show starts today i.e. October the 8th???

It could be that we, as often is the case, don't really know the full story regarding what really happens on any given day.

Today is one of those rare days where the sun is shining in Manchester (England) and I'd like to be optimistic and think that perhaps some of the predictions aren't right. I'm struggling though, to be honest.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I think it was avoided by the iranians when they force landed a US plane violating their territory and NOT shooting it down. The americans are trying hard for causus belli.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The US plane was in fact a Hungarian plane carrying NATO officers to Afghanistan...

www.presstv.com...

I still think the "prediction" is bull though.

"I predict financial turmoil" however doesn't really take a genius

[edit on 8-10-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think you might be missign something? Today was BIG

As far as im concerned this has been one of the worst days we have seen in the stock markets in about a decade, at least as far as setting a statement and the momentum it brought. Today was like a bottle teetering on its side, and today was that gust that gave it the extra leverage to really get it to start tipping.

So i think it was pretty accurate. I think in the history books, October 7th might be seen as the beginning of the stock crash, if not the 6th, but today was a real statement. you only get one of these once a generation. this is no every day event. So to nail something like this on the day, i think there might be some validity with that prediction. i might take whoever fore casted this date with some slight credibility from now on.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Does it matter who's plane it was ?

www.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Benarius]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Perhaps something DID in fact happen but, as with many things, we will not really know for a little while. Sometimes what may seem insignificant today could have severe repercussions down the road. I'm thinking that we'll look back and say, "oh, I understand now".

I tend to be an optimist (yet I'm on this website?!?) so hopefully the web bots were just wrong.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostlandseller

As far as im concerned this has been one of the worst days we have seen in the stock markets in about a decade, at least as far as setting a statement and the momentum it brought. Today was like a bottle teetering on its side, and today was that gust that gave it the extra leverage to really get it to start tipping.

So i think it was pretty accurate. I think in the history books, October 7th might be seen as the beginning of the stock crash, if not the 6th, but today was a real statement. you only get one of these once a generation. this is no every day event. So to nail something like this on the day, i think there might be some validity with that prediction. i might take whoever fore casted this date with some slight credibility from now on.

I don't think anyone on this board is actually saying nothing is happening right now. I think all of us agree that this is some dire straits, but I think what people are having issues with is the significance of that particular highlighted date. Whilst what's happening generally does only really happen only once "in a generation" as you put it, the 7th itself has 'only' been another day in a stretch of very bad days.

Again, that's not to downplay what did happen yesterday, but where do you pinpoint the tipping point in this? The point that got the ball really rolling? Some people in Britain are pointing to the events that surrounded the nationalisation of Northern Rock, last year. Others are pointing to the 'bail out' last week. I'm not sure how or why, out of this whole terrible mess that yesterday was any more significant as the other factors that are contributing to this.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The 7th was not ment to be a day that went down in the history books. According to the Timewave theory it is an "emotional release". I have watched most media events since the 7th +10 time until now, there have been no significantly tragic or uplifting events which could alter so many peoples lives emotionally.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by JRSB]

[edit on 8-10-2008 by JRSB]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As above, the Web Bots work frm a language point of view, up to the period of the economic bail out people were apprehensive and worried. After 10/7/08 the language shifts and people are now accepting that large telephone pole in their bottom line and are still worried.

So the language shifts from Apprehension to Accepting.

anyone lend me some more vaseline, this really hurts.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostlandseller

*BEGINNING* of the crash?

The S&P500 is already off 35% from it's peak a few months ago.

JK

top topics

join