It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonights Town Hall Debate Discussion

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I was looking around to see what the response was so far by the public and if you stop by the MSM sites, Obama didn't give anything up as far as the anylists are concerned.

A poll is on the MSNBC site and it's a landslide for Obama thus far.

I'm not one to understand which media outlet caters to who, but with over 120,000 votes and 88% leaning towards Obama, McCain better have a trick up his sleeve..

b

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'll weigh in with this: Boreing, predictable...as usual McCain attacks and attacks with the same ole' same ole' that Obama ends up having to take the time again and again to refute...I'm getting so sick of this. All it does is detract from what the heck these guys plan to do to fix the mess that the elites got us into. McCain also had that bizarre demeanor about him again that suggests his mental issues and instability...plus he looks frail and figity.

The only thing I found about it all exciting is the red states on the map turning blue (electoral-vote.com)...As long as John and Sarah continue with teh negative personal smear attacks America will continue to pivit on their heels and with their arses facing the McCain camp move on over for the good of the country.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

MSNBC is a notorious Democrat channel. Fox is Republican. CNN seems to be the least biased, but I'm sure someone will disagree. On CNN, the total is 50% Obama/30% McCain.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Those polls where you call in and vote are purely entertaining. Not at all scientific. If anything it shows better the demographics of each news channel. You'll see Fox go massive support for McCain and the other channels with those disillusioned with the GOP so the rest of the TV watchers who call in with the vote will be different.

What will tell will be the new nationwide more scientific polling data that will come out in a few days from now. Based on the sample data from those undecided who viewed however it appears to favor Obama.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Oh, one more thought; a part of me was really hoping a question would have been asked such as "it has been suggested by some that we should abolish the Federal Reserve Bank, and return the business of printing up currency to the treasury. How do you feel about this?" Or something similar. They said they got thousands upon thousands of questions submitted. I wonder how many hundreds of them were about the Federal Reserve? This of course begs the question (provided that they got a lot of questions about it submitted, and I bet they did, but of course have not one crumb of evidence) then why it wasn't asked of them?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Actually, the CNN poll was not a call in or web poll. They called people who watched the debate. The % of Republicans was over 30%, and the national % is around 27. The Democrat % was about the same as the national %. You can check the results at cnn.com

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I didn't realise that about MSNBC and I travel in democratic circles. I think TV news is all a bunch of garbage shot through the lense of corporate big wigs...but if this is the case it will make a good balance especially to the farce of a news channel called FOX.

Corrected on CNN, thanks.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Both of them made it a point NOT to answer the questions.

This is NOT a good sign.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, however, when someone won't answer the questions I have to wonder why? Just what it is they are trying to hide? It makes me feel as though they KNOW 'we the people' wouldn't like the answers.

Neither one is on the up and up.

Neither one is what this country so desperatly needs right now.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowEyes

Wow, I was just about to head out and find another interesting thread and this caught my eye. Now I watched the whole thing too, and this did not stand out to me at all except for one of the last questions that was supposed to be a "yes or no" only answer, but of course they couldn't as McCain explained to us why...but other than that I thought they answered them all pretty good.

Can you think of something specific? Just curious. Now if you were refering to Palin and her obvious dodging the other night, I would have to agree with you, but tonight?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes

This is NOT a good sign.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, however, when someone won't answer the questions I have to wonder why? Just what it is they are trying to hide? It makes me feel as though they KNOW 'we the people' wouldn't like the answers.

Neither one is on the up and up.

Neither one is what this country so desperatly needs right now.

It's because they didn't prep for those questions. How does the old saying go... "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!" Case in point, ever listened to Bush talk off-script???

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
i guess they don't answer questions because they don't know the answers.

and really ... is it reasonable to expect them to know answers in advance of whatever might be going on? no it's not.

they can have plans and visions and ideals for the future but you can't reasonably lock them into definitions now that might not be viable when they get into power.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by ll__raine__ll]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Was McCain deliberatly trying to over use the 'My Friends' bit, maybe to get on youtube remixes or the Daily Show/Colbert, just to get some attention? You could call it the 'Palin technique' of just being so over the top that the media can't resist which in turn means one less headline for the opposition, which at this point is worth more to them than negative press.
Or was it just programmed into him so badly that he lost track of it?
I find it hard to believe that everything else could be so scripted yet that little line slipped away from him too many times.
I think they are just playing the safest bet they can at the moment....
"Negative press > Any Obama Press".
He should of just worn a Cosby sweater if he wanted to be 'folksy'.

The two party system - it's like a game of pick up sticks, easy to pick a part and when all is done, leaves you with nothing.

This is all i could think of each time McCain called us his friends.
"im not your friend GUY! im not your guy BUDDY!"

south park - canada on strike
terance and philip and steven abootman
ww.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-10-2008 by the00110001]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

How about the 'What don't you know, and how would you learn it?' which was completely avoided by both with BS!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by the00110001

no he wasn't. the "my friends" thing is nothing more than a nervous twitter he can't seem to rid himself of.

be assured his best advisor's have told him to let go of the "my friends", thing. he can't. liken it to someone who stutters when they're nervous.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by skyshow

How about the 'What don't you know, and how would you learn it?' which was completely avoided by both with BS!

rubbish! obama initially answered that one well. keeping in mind it was a BS question. he said michelle would be able to tell us all more, more succinctly than him and i for one have no doubt she would.

granted after that he blathered on ...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

that's pretty open ended and subjective for a question. It's difficult to imagine any answer that would satisfy everyone. In other words, when you ask an open ended - I believe it was refered to as a Zen sort of question - expect a rather vaque answer, especially from a politician!

I dunno. I saw Obama mostly speaking with logic, reason, intelligent answers but am left with the perception of McCain grasping at straws of the past (KGB response...nuclear power / I've been on a nuclear powered war ship etc...) and the rest of the time trying to level below the belt punches at Obama, and I loved how he deflected it, turning it around and giving it right back to him then quickly returning the subject back where it belongs to the issues...I mean it's one thing to call someone out on their voteing record, but when you say unsubstantiated things like "my openent doesn't support nuclear energy" when it's clearly not true, and not backed up, then that is a lie...Why McCain does this over and over is beyond me because I think people are tired of it and can see through it for what it is...desperation! Then Obama has to correct him on it...you watch the next debate (we only get three!) and you'll see McCain do this again and again. I'm surprised he didn't bring up that garbage he's been running on his new negative smear tv add campaign...I guess he leaves the real dirty work up to Palin and his campaign...

In fact I think when it comes right down to it, this is the biggest reason why I like Obama most as he trys to stick to issues. It's the fact that over and over again this smear junk and Carl Rove tactics being employed by the other side...I'm so sick of it that you could run micky mouse against McCain and as long as he (McCain) continues to act like a spoiled brat highschool student, I would vote Micky any day!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll

no he wasn't. the "my friends" thing is nothing more than a nervous twitter he can't seem to rid himself of.

be assured his best advisor's have told him to let go of the "my friends", thing. he can't. liken it to someone who stutters when they're nervous.

I think it was an attempt to be folksy - he didn't do it last time. If it's a twitch then it's been programmed into him as a way of avoiding a facial infliction, which doesn't poll well with anti-nuclear opponents or the more common brain freeze "aahhhh..." like your slow witted sports star in a post-match interview. That's if we're giving him old man benefit of the doubt, if we assume he's a great leader then he knew what he was doing and 'has a plan'.

Palin's wink got more attention than the fact she just read prepared notes in a random order regardless of the questsion being asked. Was this McCain's wink?

McCain wants us to focus on "My Friends" rather than he's lack of facts. Obama doesn't need to do this because he himself is enough of a distraction from his lack of facts due to his savoir-faire which works like a Jedi mind trick.

It'll get dirty by round three. That's the last card to play.

At least the Youtube remixes will be good this month.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
once again i had to see the replay.. but for a good reason....

we had a drinking game. and waited for everyone to come ...sooooooooooooooo

i think no one won. i thought it was boring... predictable... and the usual *snip*.

im sorry. i a dem, and usually i would side with obama, but the townhall debate was so in the side of predictability. there was nothing new. they didnt debate each other they talked to fake people with fake questions. its ok... i side with obama and his thoughts, which were displayed... but this was horrible.

no one won. and if some one says obama won, they are partisan dem.... and if someone says mccain won, then they are partisan repub

all in all, this debate sucked

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/8/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by the00110001

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll

I think it was an attempt to be folksy - he didn't do it last time. If it's a twitch then it's been programmed into him as a way of avoiding a facial infliction, which doesn't poll well with anti-nuclear opponents or the more common brain freeze "aahhhh..." like your slow witted sports star in a post-match interview. That's if we're giving him old man benefit of the doubt, if we assume he's a great leader then he knew what he was doing and 'has a plan'.

Palin's wink got more attention than the fact she just read prepared notes in a random order regardless of the questsion being asked. Was this McCain's wink?

McCain wants us to focus on "My Friends" rather than he's lack of facts. Obama doesn't need to do this because he himself is enough of a distraction from his lack of facts due to his savoir-faire which works like a Jedi mind trick.

It'll get dirty by round three. That's the last card to play.

At least the Youtube remixes will be good this month.

i disagree with you on this. if this was his attempt at being "folksy" ... his advisors would have told him to use it a max of 3 or 4 times. instead he used it in every other sentence. it was out of controll which leads to a reasonable conclusion that he was out of control with it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
When the topic turned to the economy, I heard the same troubling words from Obama: tax the rich and feed the poor.

He said there would be no tax breaks for people like himself and McCain because "they don't need it".

Taxes would be increased on those making over $250K and lowered for 95% of Americans.

He might as well have said: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need".

Where have we heard that before?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join