It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PRESS RELEASE: Brookhaven Scientist Confirms UFO Crash Site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Way to go man!
Exactly what it's about!

But who was Mantle duped by?
It seems he was inextricably involved with the hoax.

The area was extensively photographed and filmed by Gehrman and Mantle and samples of the rock with the bluish material were retained for analysis. This bluish material was later identified as cristobalite.

Source

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm thinking he means that he had rau do the testing, but now rau is claiming never to have been a part of it. kind of like "Yes i'd be willing to publicly back the finding of my report" only to then go "What report i didn't see any report" .
that kind of dupping.(spelling?)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

that would probably depend on how close to the test sites it is, what the wind direction was at a the time and how many tests were performed in the years between the first and last above ground tests. interesting idea though. really though without access to all the tests done on the substance it's pretty hard to tell if their conclusion on what it is are right or not, further compounded by this retraction by dr.rau.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Phage

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Frank Warren

Way to go man!
Exactly what it's about!

But who was Mantle duped by?
It seems he was inextricably involved with the hoax.

The area was extensively photographed and filmed by Gehrman and Mantle and samples of the rock with the bluish material were retained for analysis. This bluish material was later identified as cristobalite.

Source

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Phage]

He has shared that info with me, but I have chosen to wait for his public statement. I don't feel it's my place to spill the beans.

Frank

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Fellow Forumerions,

In order to set the record straight, I recently published the following news update (which includes a statement from Dr. Rau):

BREAKING NEWS: Brookhaven Lab Report is a Hoax!

On Wednesday we published a press release, forwarded to us by Philip Mantle; the report named a Dr. Rau and the Brookhaven Lab as participants in the scientific analysis of samples taken from an alleged UFO crash site; in part the report went as follows:

In 2008 samples of these rocks were sent to Dr R.Ronald Rau, a physicist with the Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York. Dr Rau is a respected scientist in the physics field whose current research includes theoretical particle physics; numerical simulations of quantum field theory and computational physics. In two technical reports Dr Rau concluded that the cause of the effects found at the site in Nogal Canyon were the result of a UFO.

Yesterday a “new” (registered same day) member of the ATS forum calling himself “Pete G.” responding to the press release as discussed in a thread there stated:

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join