It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PRESS RELEASE: Brookhaven Scientist Confirms UFO Crash Site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Good Day Forumerions!

This just in:

In June 2007 US researcher Ed Gehrman and UK author Philip Mantle travelled to a remote location in the Nogal Canyon area near Socorro, New Mexico. For decades arguments had raged regarding the alleged crash of a UFO in the New Mexico desert.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Forumerions,

Hopefully the "full report" will be more illuminating in regards to "evidence" for a "UFO crash." Interesting to note that there was no mention of Roswell . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think this is a huge step, thanks for posting it.

Starred & Flagged.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Forumerions,

In the past Gehrman has stated that it was his belief that "Barney Barnett" was in fact at the "Nogal Canyon" site, referencing Barnett's diary for "June 1st, '47.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Good Day Joombo,

Originally posted by joombo
I think this is a huge step, thanks for posting it.

Starred & Flagged.

Thanks--time will tell . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Mornin' Forumerions,

More:

Gehrman and Mantle were to visit a site well into the canyon that they believed may prove significant into the research of the alleged UFO crash. The site they visited is littered with rocks only burnt on one side and trees burnt at the top, but this was only the beginning. At the end of a dry river bed the rock face and surrounding loose rock was literally covered with a bluish material. This was not part of the rock, instead it was ‘splattered’ all over the rock face and surround loose rocks. The area was extensively photographed and filmed by Gehrman and Mantle and samples of the rock with the bluish material were retained for analysis. This bluish material was later identified as cristobalite.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

Earlier today another thread was started regarding the a fore mentioned press release; a new forum member stated "he was with the Brookhaven Labs" and the claims the press release is fraudulent! In part, he stated that Dr. Rau retired in 1990. In perusing the Brookhaven web-site, there are statements to that effect.

Having been the first to publish the press release in the United States (I believe) and sharing it here, I immediately fired off an e-mail to Philip Mantle/UFO Data Magazine requesting an explanation; additionally, I asked the new member to contact me me via U2U as I want to publish his statement as an "UPDATE" to the original story "in his official capacity" as a representative of Brookhaven Labs.

I will also be contacting "Ed Gehrman" to get his side of the story. I have yet to hear from the new ATS member, I believe his handle was/is Peter G.

Stayed tuned . . .

Cheers,
Frank

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Frank Warren]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Thanks for letting us know about this.
If it is a hoax it is important.

Removed external quote. Second thoughts.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hi Phage,

Yes! That's what I came across with a quick search; additionally, the obit for Dr. Rau's wife reconfirms the same. (That he "retired" from Brookhaven years ago).

-FW

Originally posted by Phage

Thanks for letting us know about this. It spurred me to do a quick check on my own and this is what I came across. Is this what you also found?

• Ronald Rau — Having joined the Lab’s Physics Department in 1956, Rau will concentrate on “later” physics, such as his involvement in the development and construction of hydrogen bubble chambers and their use in experiments at the Cosmotron and AGS. He’ll also discuss Lab organization, an area he became familiar with as Chairman of Physics, 1966-70, and as Associate Director responsible for the Lab’s highenergy physics research program, 1970-81. He retired in 1990.

Source

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Wait,

alleged UFO crash
Its ET and Spielberg with rocks.
A big nothing unless you see the CIA haul away the craft after
taking out the crew on stretchers.
Sauces are crashing in New Mexico all the time.
Very unstable crafts.
Saucer parts might be available in salvage yards in New Mexico.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Philip Mantle responded immediately to my query, and he stands behind the original press release, and is awaiting comments from Dr. Rau, which he will pass along forthwith.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

There have been crashes other than Roswell. If the physical evidence holds up, this will be important to the "cosmic watergate" theory. I have read about a crash in the Socorro site, and there wasn't much information on it. I would like to know what kind of information led those gentlemen to the area.

Thank you for this report, Mr Warren.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Excellent find, and thanks much for posting this info. It's very hopeful verification at this point and hopefully will lead to further analysis.

BTW, Socorro IS the Roswell crash. The Brazel ranch is just outside of Socorro, and was dubbed the "Roswell crash" due to the location of the responding military.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Mornin' KF,

Originally posted by kidflash2008

There have been crashes other than Roswell. If the physical evidence holds up, this will be important to the "cosmic watergate" theory. I have read about a crash in the Socorro site, and there wasn't much information on it. I would like to know what kind of information led those gentlemen to the area.

Thank you for this report, Mr Warren.

At present, I'm not to enthused about the initial report; what is on the table so far does not necessarily indicate some "unknown." Remember, this is the land of "exotic 'known craft' and testing thereof, not to mention the "nuclear connection."

BY the way it has been confirmed that there is a "Peter Genzer" that is with the Media & Communications Office" of Brookhaven Labs; it is unclear if that is the individual by the handle of "Pete G." who posted the other thread yesterday claiming fraud.

I asked him (Pete G.) to contact me privately, to clear this matter up, but have yet to hear from him. Of course the duplicate thread has since been removed.

Another curious item is that Mantle corresponded with Genzer yesterday and he made no mention of the a fore mentioned post or being cognizant of the current allegation. Given the fact that the press release is attributed to Mantle, one would think that "if" Genzer and Pete G. (ATS member) was one and the same, he would have addressed the matter directly with Mantle.

This is starting to smell . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sorry.

But, ufochronichles.com,

I can't cite that as a credible source, since it's attempting to promote something the website sets it's foundation on.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Afternoon X,

Originally posted by xbranscombex
Sorry.

But, ufochronichles.com,

I can't cite that as a credible source, since it's attempting to promote something the website sets it's foundation on.

Curious . . . just what exactly do you think the web-site is promoting, and by default, (as you say) what it sets its foundation on?

Frank

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I didn't know a UFO crashed at Socorro. Is this separate from the Lonnie Zamora (police officer) case?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
couldn't these trace elements be from the downwind blown dust of the hundreds of nuclear bomb tests set off in the desert?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

The Lonnie Zamora UFO landed and small occupants got out of the egg shaped craft. There was landing evidence and photos taken of the area which also showed small footprints.

I had heard of other crashes in New Mexico, and this is one of them. It will be interesting to see how this pans out, but it is not the famous Zamora case.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

UPDATE: Brookhaven Lab Report is a Hoax!

Minutes ago I received an e-mail from Philip Mantle stating that he had been duped! Dr. Rau has denied any and all involvement by him and or Brookhaven Labs concerning scientific testing re the a fore mentioned press release.

A written statement from Mantle is forthcoming.

More . . .

Frank

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Frank Warren]

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Frank Warren]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join