It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: US Warplane Forced To Land

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
BBC News 24 is now saying it was a Hungarian aid jet flying to Afghanistan from Turkey, and the intrusion into Iranian airspace was a mistake, which has now been clarified and confirmed.

Also, it apparently happened a week ago

Maybe theres more to this than the media is going to let us see.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated
BBC News 24 is now saying it was a Hungarian aid jet flying to Afghanistan from Turkey, and the intrusion into Iranian airspace was a mistake, which has now been clarified and confirmed.

Also, it apparently happened a week ago

Maybe theres more to this than the media is going to let us see.

Hilarious to watch the anti-U.S. people here go nuts jumping to also of false conclusions in hopes that something bad has happened to the "Great Satan". For God's sake, one poster even told how they had "heard" the plane contained 5 generals, or something like that.

Now we hear the truth - a Hungarian aid plane and it happened a week ago.

Why so eager to automatically accept obvious propaganda as truth?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

We were making hypotheticals mate, not jumping to conclusions. There is a huge difference.

Given the information we had at the time, straight from a credible news source, can you blame us?

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The poster 'heard' the plane contained 5 senior US generals because thats what was initially reported, not just here, but on Sky News, Reuters and BBC News, where I saw the story break the second it surfaced.

I find it quite hilarious also the people who live in the US who are still convinced that they live in a great nation of truth and liberty, a nation that can do no wrong, has the grace of 'God', yada yada so on so forth.

--edit to add something to annoy certain ignoramuses.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by selfisolated]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
double post, sorry

[edit on 7-10-2008 by selfisolated]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
heheh...

i thought someone was attempting a rudolf hess move...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

I'm a Hungarian and I can confirm what you heard at BBC. It was a Hungarian Jet, a Dassault Falcon with humanitarian aid flew to Afghanistan, followed the order of the Hungarian Military High-Command (Hungarians are making humanitarian aid in that region.). No U.S. crafts, not even U.S. Generals were involved in this matter. Accidentally in the flight plan one number of the craft was mistyped and that caused the problem in the Iranian airspace. The craft had valid flight plan, but that small typo caused the problem.

So, don't worry. No U.S. crafts were involved at all. And don't make conspiracies about it this time, because there is not a single one in this matter at the moment.

Case closed.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
To any of the moderator or the OP. Could you change the title of this thread to Iran: Hungarian humanitarian jet forced to land? Just to don't mislead the readers of ATS.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

At the time the OP posted this all the credible news sources were reporting it to be a US jet. When they finally changed the story it was posted in this thread. I see no reason to change the title.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just got back on here.....seems everything was false then.
In my defence as the OP and in defence to all who posted thinking this was as the title claimed.....it had sod all to do with "anti-American" feeling. This is the Breaking News Forum. It was breaking news. Everything people reported here was reported in the news.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Tells how credible the news sources used are, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Faux news says it was a "falcon". They said that 5 U.S. officers were interrogated and released a day later. This doesn't make sense as a falcon is an f-16, and they only hold 1 guy, unless it is a training model that holds 2.

This stinks to high heaven.

Downtown. Im not doubting your post but Im confused..The snippet says an F-16 was forced to land, but your post says 5 AF officers were interrogated, An f-16 can hold two pilots but where did the other three come from?..Also could this be an Israeli Falcon?.We have sold them some of our fighters before..I totally agree..Its smells pretty bad

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Guys please, read the thread before posting
It has been determined that the media got it wrong and the story has changed now to say it was a Hungarian jet.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I actually don't think there is any spin by Iran or America.

All the spin has come from the newsreaders /researchers who can't even be bothered to search out the story. They have seen falcan and put 2 + 2 together and assumed it was an F-16. The american personnel is the newsreaders just "sexing up the story.

This is a non story

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So then, I guess we can assume that Iranian news reported this incorrectly for their own propaganda purposes. If it had turned out to be USA military personnel on the plane I would have suspected the USA of trying to provoke Iran in order to have excuse for an attack. That’s if we can trust the story we’re getting now of course.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Are you saying that the good and kind people of Iran would put out propaganda against the evil satan USA? Perish the thught!!
Tongue firmly planted in cheek.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Eh, once again the big, bad, evil, terrible Iran has acted responsibly and played by the rules.

Regardless of which country the plane belonged to, we are presented with another situation where Iran acts as if to say: "See, we listen to the rules".

Is it propoganda on Iran's part? Probably, and damn good propoganda at that. With Isreal and ourselves (US) saying how bad and irrational and untrustworthy Iran is, Iran simply acts in a way which shows it to not break international laws...

...unlike, you know, us.

Like the situation with the British sailors, it is clever political showcasing if you ask me.

[edit on 10/7/0808 by spines]

[edit on 10/7/0808 by spines]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The Iranians are idiots!!! I mean they are SO scared and paranoid that the US is going to attack them, that a Hungarian plane for a minute there looked like an F-16 to them LOL.

And their little leader. What is that thing on the sides of his face anyway? A small mammal? The whole freaking place is a joke.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Riiiiiight. Have you actually been there? Or are you just being ignorant because you think it is cool?

If a plane entered US airspace that was not immediately identifiable I guarantee that all hell would break loose and half the US would be screaming 'TERRORIST ATTACK' only to find out 5 minutes later that it was a paper airplane built by a Japanese Origami expert.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

You must be a very rich country to use corporate business style jets to fly humanitarian aid and workers to Afghanistan.

Something is fishy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join